Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Media Mutterings -- Post Your Critique of the Ravens Media Coverage Here

Here's mine from this morning....listening to M&M on the way in and they are going over the Ravens/Patriots game. Of course, 95% of it is about "can Flacco handle the pressure?" and "can Brady be stopped?". Then one of them says:

"Little known fact that may or may not mean anything: The Patriots did not beat a team this year that finished with a winning record. The 3 times they played teams that ended up with winning records, they lost. I don't know what that means, if anything."

First off, of course the Patriots can only play the teams on their schedule, and they more or less dominated those teams. But when you have been talking all week about the "greatness" of all things New England, shouldn't you at least realize that some of that performance should be somewhat tempered based on the competition?

Next, it would have been nice to at least follow that comment up with: "On the other hand, Baltimore has played 7 playoff teams and beaten them all...and 11 of their 17 games were against top 10 defenses."

Guess they didn't have time to go that deep....

Blog Entries

Flynn the turn style? I recall if you wanted to pressure the QB when he was here it was up the middle...

Sounds like he's still taking it up the middle...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Flynn the turn style? I recall if you wanted to pressure the QB when he was here it was up the middle...

Sounds like he's still taking it up the middle...
    I agree!

As bad as Boller was, how many of his fumbles were caused by Flynn's inability to at least get in someone's way? :D

Blog Entries

Good coverage on SiriusNFL today. Jim Miller just did a nice overview of why the Ravens will win it. He went through how Pitt and the Gmen beat them by 'sustaining for 60 min'. then talked about how Buffalo and Miami punched them in the mouth but couldn't sustain. He thinks the Ravens can

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    This is pretty funny and sad. How the hell is anyone supposed to have a passion for the Angelosian nightmare known as the Orioles?
    Of course they are going to go there - you know why:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_986434.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?eref=writers

Peter King thinks the Pats defense will win the game vs the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?eref=writers

Peter King thinks the Pats defense will win the game vs the Ravens.
    Here's how smart that idiot is when it comes to the Ravens:

Week 9
    wrong on the winner and the reason

Week 1
    right on the winner but for the wrong reason

WHY? Because Peter King just writes good, but he don't know football good!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Flynn will be on WNST today in the 3 o'clock hour. Let's see if they call him out on his bullshit

Blog Entries

Jim Miller had a very compelling overview of why the Ravens will win this game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Mike Flynn = Jerk

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    Mike Flynn is on Boston radio "The Fan" right now. Bashed Baltimore as a city, saying it was a small little town, nothing compared to Boston, one paper, no media, and no passion for the Orioles. Blasted Flacco - said he can't handle preasure, no pocket pressence, and a worse version of Bledsoe.

Then he went on to blast Ray Lewis, call him a fraud, and said it's all a show.

A Baltimore caller called in and tried to defend, but they called him (and everyone else down here) a bunch of Sally's and hung up on him.

Glad we never put this loser in the Ring of Honor.

Nice fan base up there, eh?
    Flynn is going to be on WNST in the next couple hours, so we can hear Nestor kiss his ass and Mikey say the exact opposite of what he said to the Boston crowd yesterday.

Flynn is on now. Back tracking his words, shying away from what he said, and trying to just talk football. Nestor shared some of the hate mail he received. funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    Flynn is on now. Back tracking his words, shying away from what he said, and trying to just talk football. Nestor shared some of the hate mail he received. funny stuff.
    I missed the first part because the stream they use is complete garbage, what did they say about the emails? I sent him one right before my last post. I thought he just ignored them.