Thumbs down A moronic article that fans of both teams should be offended by...

Jason NitWhitlock is at it again. Does this guy really need to bring race into EVERYTHING he writes?? What a complete windbag.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...e-clash-011912

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Re: A moronic article that fans of both teams should be offended by...

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
    Jason NitWhitlock is at it again. Does this guy really need to bring race into EVERYTHING he writes?? What a complete windbag.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...e-clash-011912

:grbac:

Yes, it really is not worth reading him, that's all he knows.

I can see this debates coming a mile away ....

And since this has a racial / cultural theme to it, it's moved here.

Blog Entries

That's pretty bad. He should have stuck to bashing Joe Flacco like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yes, it really is not worth reading him, that's all he knows.
    Whitlock clearly has race issues, there's nothing he writes that he doesn't tie back to race. It's comical.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I can see this debates coming a mile away ....

And since this has a racial / cultural theme to it, it's moved here.
    Good idea.

I should have put it here to begin with. (Didnt know this forum was out there). Sorry HR.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's pretty bad. He should have stuck to bashing Joe Flacco like everyone else.
    The guy is just a jerk off.. Does he even realize that most of us dont give a flying fark what color a player is?? Most of us grew up on sports and im sure plenty played with both black and white alike.

That are lots of legitimate racial issues to gripe about... a football game isnt one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
    Good idea.

I should have put it here to begin with. (Didnt know this forum was out there). Sorry HR.
    No worries ....

But you may want to reign in your fellow Pats fan on the main board. ;)

What sucks is that if you edit out the racial crap and just focus on what I hope was the true theme of the article, that this is a battle of two paragons of football who are polar opposites in terms of the philosophies they use to win, then it has the chance at being a great article.

Ray vs Brady is a real competition. Manning vs Brady is a media concoction. Manning has never shared the field with Brady. Brady has never hit Manning.

Ray and Tom will be literally going against one another and each of them represents the absolute best you can be from an offensive and defensive standpoint.

This isn't Magic vs Bird. This is Ali vs Liston. This is speed, finesse, and timing vs brutality, intimidation, and power. Either man is capable of landing a knockout blow at any time in this game. Either with a beautiful rainbow pass to a streaking receiver, or with a bone crushing, ball separating hit to force a turnover and change a man's mind about how much he wants to get hit again.

And he's was right to point out that everything Ray has done should be seen as more impressive in a league that thinks it NEEDS Tom Bradys to be successful but not Ray Lewises. Ray has been playing among the best of all time even though the game has changed to the point that defenders are prevented from truly dominating by rules designed to keep scores high and stupid fans entertained.

This game is a culture war. But it's not black vs white. It's football past vs football future. We will never see another Ray, but we might be able to see him go out on top despite the fact that the NFL is determined to make him obsolete.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369101,-76.761166
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron