Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Trent Dilfer gets it.

Did you hear Ron Jaworski on 105.7 today with Scott and jeremy? It was awesome. He completely blew apart Ed Reed's words, after dissecting EVERY play that Flacco dropped back to pass... and he watched the game 3 times he said...
    Among the highlights from Jaworski...
    "Someone complained that his receivers had to make great catches for him to have completions. Of course they did, cuz they couldnt get open! Flacco had nothing but tight windows to throw in all day cuz his receivers get absolutely no separation."

He also talked about how great some of his throws are, that only a few quarterbacks in the league can make (the td to Boldin)... and how it's ridiculous how under appreciated he is. He had a relentless pass rush in his face all day, but didnt force any throws, knowing that protecting the lead was more important.

He said more, if SOmeone knows how or where to find a clip of that interview, be a great one to post. A must listen for any Flacco supporters... and HATERS!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The press is about style points - Flacco is about winning.
    This. What many media talking heads fail to realize is that winning is stylish

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    Did you hear Ron Jaworski on 105.7 today with Scott and jeremy? It was awesome. He completely blew apart Ed Reed's words, after dissecting EVERY play that Flacco dropped back to pass... and he watched the game 3 times he said...
    Among the highlights from Jaworski...
    "Someone complained that his receivers had to make great catches for him to have completions. Of course they did, cuz they couldnt get open! Flacco had nothing but tight windows to throw in all day cuz his receivers get absolutely no separation."

He also talked about how great some of his throws are, that only a few quarterbacks in the league can make (the td to Boldin)... and how it's ridiculous how under appreciated he is. He had a relentless pass rush in his face all day, but didnt force any throws, knowing that protecting the lead was more important.

He said more, if SOmeone knows how or where to find a clip of that interview, be a great one to post. A must listen for any Flacco supporters... and HATERS!
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/0...jaworski-live/

I'm bookmarking this!

Flacco had nothing to do with the win. Right. Despite being pressured on almost every play, watching receivers drop five passes (and Rice fall down on his last one, a game clinching first down if he doesn't), seeing no receiver come back to him when he was flushed from the pocket, and not throwing any picks by forcing passes when pressured (Yates threw three - should have been six - despite no pressure at all), Flacco is a goat. He actually played a pretty good game.
    Al

More Dilfer. It appears he's hinting that the Ravens defense is not as confident going against Brady.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,5493845.story

Fantasy Football has ruined this great game....

Great post, start to finish. I especially liked the part about picking events that support their point of view instead of looking at the whole body of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Fantasy Football has ruined this great game....
    I hate fantasy football with every fiber of my being. Truly.

I love Fantasy Football, I just hate people who can't differentiate between a good fantasy football player and a good football player.

Last year the guy in my FFL with the highest scoring receiver corps? The guy with the following starters: Stefan Logan, Marc Mariani, and Jacoby Jones.

How? Return yards counted at the typical 1 point per 10 yards standard. Those guys all racked up at least 1300 return yards.

Obviously those three guys aren't great receivers, so why do people make virtually the same mistake in regards to QBs? Big yardage numbers are nice, but they're just not correlated with winning.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369111,-76.761269
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron