Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Racist Newt at it again

Newt responds to accusations of spreading racial animosity by taking advantage of South Carolina's southern roots, calling Obama, "the greatest food stamp President," Ann Curry looks like her head is going to blow off her shoulders.

The New York Times editor sets the stage for the obsequious liberal mind: "In South Carolina, where confederate flags still waves on the front lawn of the state capital, largely because of the efforts of the state GOP, it remains good primary politics to stir up racial animosity and then link it to President Obama."

"You know, modern Liberals I think frankly, are totally off the deep end."

"when conservatives care about the poor, and conservatives offer ideas to help the poor, and conservatives suggest that the poor would rather have a paycheck than a food stamp, the very liberals who have failed them, at places like The New York Times, promptly scream racism, because they have no defense for the failure of liberal institutions which have trapped poor children in bad schools, trapped them in bad neighborhoods, trapped them in crime-ridden situations. Liberal solutions have failed."

http://freedomslighthouse.net/2012/0...a-video-11912/
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

It's a shame Newt has so much baggage. He is so powerful when he speaks. I would have loved to see him actually debate Obama. I'm betting he could make O actually cry on stage.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Re: Racist Newt at it again

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It's a shame Newt has so much baggage. He is so powerful when he speaks. I would have loved to see him actually debate Obama. I'm betting he could make O actually cry on stage.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    His baggage is disheartening, however, the race is far from over. If voters see that Mitts kept his money off shore to avoid even paying 15%, he will be toast.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 01-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    His baggage is disheartening, however, the race is far from over. If voters can see that Mitts kept his money off shore to avoid even paying 15%, he will be toast.
    Who cares?

That's class warfare nonsense I expect from Galen.

If he isn't doing anything illegal with his money, so what it's off shore?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who cares?

:word

Who cares?

I re-read what I wrote and removed "can." It did come off as if I was advocating that mindset. I still feel however that he would nonetheless be toast. My point is better now, when it would cost him the nomination, than if he gets the nomination and Obama and his campaign get their hands on him. I just see no way he could talk his way out of it to an American people that are sick of hearing about rich guys and shady things they do with their money (whether wrongly or rightly perceived).
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 01-19-2012 at 04:30 PM.

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I re-read what I wrote and removed "can." It did come off as if I was advocating that mindset. I still feel however that he would nonetheless be toast. My point is better now than if he gets the nomination and Obama and his campaign get their hands on him. I just see no way he could talk his way out of it to an American people that are sick of hearing about rich guys and shady things they do with their money (whether wrongly or rightly perceived).
    Gotcha.

I don't agree with it. Yes, people are tired of hearing about "the rich" but I believe it's not as the media portrays it. IMO, they are sick of the class warfare / envy in general.

Gotcha.

I don't agree with it. Yes, people are tired of hearing about "the rich" but I believe it's not as the media portrays it. IMO, they are sick of the class warfare / envy in general.
    I would hope, but just because they are sick of it doesn't mean they won't still have presuppositions about his actions.

You aren't by any chance Mormon are you.....?
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 01-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Nope.

Healthy disdain for organized religion is my religion.

Nope.

Healthy disdain for organized religion is my religion.
    ;) I kid I kid.

What, if any, is your opinion on Non-denominational Christian churches?

–Eleanor Roosevelt

;) I kid I kid.

What, if any, is your opinion on Non-denominational Christian churches?
    My wife goes to one and I have gone along from time to time. I like it. It's more of a casual atmosphere. But at the heart of it is a believe in Christ and that's where you lose me.

I don't believe any one religion has the answer nor has the prophet that saves us all. But I do believe in a higher power and that religion was Mans attempt to explain it all.

My wife goes to one and I have gone along from time to time. I like it. It's more of a casual atmosphere. But at the heart of it is a believe in Christ and that's where you lose me.

I don't believe any one religion has the answer nor has the prophet that saves us all. But I do believe in a higher power and that religion was Mans attempt to explain it all.
    Many who are turned off by organized religion if nothing else, appreciate non-denominational churches for just the reason you said, the casual atmosphere. The message is generally building a "relationship" not a "religion." Being born and raised into a non-denominational church, and going through my early years in a Catholic school, I've seen both sides of Christianity

I have a great respect for and am always interested to hear the journey of conclusions, if you will, that others have taken. If I may ask, why is it that you don't believe in a correlation with religion and a higher power? It doesn't seem you have an issue with faith, after all it does take at least a scintilla to believe in a higher power.

–Eleanor Roosevelt