Patriots May Believe The Hype They Are Getting A Little Too Much

This game has all the markings of an "upset" win by the Ravens. The overwhelming amount of flacco/ravens bashing by ALL the sportsmedia is nothing short of incredible. It's as if the ravens have no chance in this game . . . and playing the game is one of those pesky formalities we need to get past . . . and that's when the opposite tends to happen.

Most of the expert-heads speak of Joe as if he just happened to be hanging around while the team racked up playoff appearances and wins . . . and that any knucklehead could have been the QB during that run.

I think it is very possible the patriots unconsciously (despite anything the Hood tells them) believe that all they need to do is sign their name to the ticket marked "Win."

I see no reason why Torrey Smith and Boldin cannot have big days if Rice gets all the attention. If they can CATCH we can win, because joe will get the ball to them.

You saw it here first. We handle their offense and Joe torches them.

Blog Entries

Re: Patriots May Believe The Hype They Are Getting A Little Too Much

That's a well coached team. I really don't see it. They're going to look out for those deep passes to Torrey that are either caught or create a PI call. They will be ready for Rice to make a quick move and be gone. Dickson and Pitta will not surprise them.

It's up to the Ravens to attack them with something they haven't seen before. Maybe a 4 WR set or Ricky and Rice in the backfield or some real slants. Last week that Pats team looked very focused after hearing the criticism of 3 1st playoff game losses. They're not going to be as overconfident as the media.

This is also a matchup that could have Pitta and Dickson having huge days!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's a well coached team. I really don't see it. They're going to look out for those deep passes to Torrey that are either caught or create a PI call. They will be ready for Rice to make a quick move and be gone. Dickson and Pitta will not surprise them.

It's up to the Ravens to attack them with something they haven't seen before. Maybe a 4 WR set or Ricky and Rice in the backfield or some real slants. Last week that Pats team looked very focused after hearing the criticism of 3 1st playoff game losses. They're not going to be as overconfident as the media.
    They know what we will bring to the table, but can they stop it? They may be well coached, but the lack serious playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.

I see some talking about them putting 8 in the box, and IMO if they do that we will be able to put 35+ on them.

They have a good O, but that D is bad! The Pats have not beat a legit team all season, and if you look at their last 5 games they could have lost 4 of them if they were playing teams that did not suck.

We may not look like the Packers, Saints or Pats O on a regular basis, but when you look at this matchup with their D, this is the kind of D that the Ravens have and could put up points on. I hear a lot of people saying can the Ravens keep up point wise with the Pats, but IMO I see this like the 09 game, can the Pats keep up with the Ravens.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You mean get creative on offense?

ROTFLOL...that's a good one!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    They know what we will bring to the table, but can they stop it? They may be well coached, but the lack serious playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.

I see some talking about them putting 8 in the box, and IMO if they do that we will be able to put 35+ on them.

They have a good O, but that D is bad! The Pats have not beat a legit team all season, and if you look at their last 5 games they could have lost 4 of them if they were playing teams that did not suck.

We may not look like the Packers, Saints or Pats O on a regular basis, but when you look at this matchup with their D, this is the kind of D that the Ravens have and could put up points on. I hear a lot of people saying can the Ravens keep up point wise with the Pats, but IMO I see this like the 09 game, can the Pats keep up with the Ravens.

Those who are talking about how the Pats will defend are not from the Pats. No one knows what they are going to do. The stuff they did against Denver I hadn't seen them use in a game this season.

I do agree with your last point which is that the Ravens need to be the ones in front for most of the game. That's what happened in that Ravens playoff win up there.

The New England Patriots don't worry me!

I'm concerned that we might be defeated by Cameron "Creativity is Overrated" Cameron though. :)

Oddly enough, I feel the Pats offense is over-rated and their defense is under-rated.

I don't think the Pats care about the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    I think it is very possible the patriots unconsciously (despite anything the Hood tells them) believe that all they need to do is sign their name to the ticket marked "Win."
    Yea... I wouldnt go betting the kids college fund on that.
    Last edited by Tattoo; 01-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.

From the outside it may seem like everyone is overconfident and cocky up in Boston, but that area is known for it's negativity about it's sports team. I lived there and went through that. Granted, when I was growing up, we didn't win jack so the negativity was justified. But since we've won, and we've been lucky by winning our fair share of championships, there are those who are still in the negative mindset of "woe is me".

Not everyone is cocky as you guys think up in Boston. The Pats players have been getting killed all year about how soft they are.

Here's an article that some of you guys should read: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...wn-still-sucks

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    From the outside it may seem like everyone is overconfident and cocky up in Boston, but that area is known for it's negativity about it's sports team. I lived there and went through that. Granted, when I was growing up, we didn't win jack so the negativity was justified. But since we've won, and we've been lucky by winning our fair share of championships, there are those who are still in the negative mindset of "woe is me".

Not everyone is cocky as you guys think up in Boston. The Pats players have been getting killed all year about how soft they are.

Here's an article that some of you guys should read: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...wn-still-sucks
    That article sucks.:) Kidding!

The Patriots will not beat themselves in this game. A combination of a winning organization, superior coaching, having lost in the postseason several years in a row now and the spanking the Ravens gave them in 2009 are all reason to believe the Patriots will bring their "A" game.

The Ravens will have to play a remarkable game to win I think. The Ravens have the game to win if they can find it. I don't think anyone in their right mind should think the Patriots will beat themselves on Sunday.