Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: mike florio is the one pushing the ed reed flacco story

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    It's certainly not just Florio. I had to leave the TV on mute as I watched NFLN, where it filled 20 minutes every hour. Same on ESPN, and the local talking head shows in NE.

NFLN and ESPN beat it to death yesterday. And it was the same spin -- didn't sound like any of them (a) heard Ed's entire statement, nor did they (b) have enough info about the Ravens to put that entire statement into the even larger context of Ravens recent history that it fits into.

Linda Kohn and whoever the dude was on there with her yesterday sounded like the last thing they ever knew about the Ravens was the 2000 team. Nobody in all that talk about Flacco mentioned we are 12th in points, or back to back years of 3600 yards, etc.

And they only factoid they even brought up about the 2010 playoff game vs New England was how "horrible" Joe was in only throwing for 34 yards.

They left out how "horrible" Tom Brady was in that game, how great our D played, and most of all they left out how we beat the living goddamn shit out of them in their own stadium.

You'd think based on their constant harping about Joe's stat line that we LOST that game and it was due to Flacco's "horrible" performance. That's the impression they give. If you took a poll right now of ESPN viewers probably 90% would say we lost that 2010 playoff game in Foxboro, based on the stupidity they've been focused on.

It's obvious to me that even the so called football media only understands fantasy football, and if you don't have 5,000 yards you suck. That's the level of analysis we've been seeing this week regarding Flacco. It's idiotic, and the tv is staying off till Sunday.

We already have an Ed Reed thread and we don't need political shots right from the opening thread.

Lockdown.