Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Old Fashioned Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    the very best way to get Flacco off his game is to apply pressure. He is a pocket passer and lives and dies w/ the protection he gets.
    Yes, but the question is if the Pats have the horse for that kind of game.......the Colts have Freeney and Mathis as edge rushers, even the Saints have a ramped up pass rush. We will see Sunday what the Patriots do, but I think we should have plenty of chances...
    Way Down South in New Orleans

2. Re: Old Fashioned Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why don't they run an offense like the saints, packers or all those other teams that are sitting at home?

I'd rather be in the AFCC
    ha... my sentiments exactly.

The Ravens are who they are, what they become will be addressed in the offseason. For now it's 30 runs, 30 passes, try and control the clock & don't turn the ball over and give the opponent a short field.

It's worked 13 times this year and people still aren't happy!

the very best way to get Flacco off his game is to apply pressure. He is a pocket passer and lives and dies w/ the protection he gets.
    The odd thing is that I think sometimes he is better when rolling out with a moving pocket or a half roll-out off a play action. Sometimes his best throws come off those type of plays.

I see a lot of "ends justify the means" thinking on this thread. Just because the Ravens won 13 games doesn't mean they don't need to improve anything.

Flacco drops back, chucks a ball into triple coverage, and it bounces off a few defenders, ending up in the intended receiver's arms for a TD. Was that a good play?

Well hey, according to a lot of the posters here, it was a TD! Who cares! It worked! Run it again next week!

Ridiculous. The Ravens have a lot of room for improvement on offense, and anybody who's paying attention to the games should agree. If not, you're not really watching!

5. Re: Old Fashioned Offense

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Flacco drops back, chucks a ball into triple coverage, and it bounces off a few defenders, ending up in the intended receiver's arms for a TD. Was that a good play?
    yeah, that play has been run a bunch of times this year?!?

Blog Entries

yeah, that play has been run a bunch of times this year?!?
    Agreed. Flacco actually really improved in that area, he doesnt throw into double coverage as much as he used to and when he does, its typically only where his player can make a play, which is what is necessary in todays NFL.reason why back shoulder passes are becoming so popular.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I see a lot of "ends justify the means" thinking on this thread. Just because the Ravens won 13 games doesn't mean they don't need to improve anything.

Well hey, according to a lot of the posters here, it was a TD! Who cares! It worked! Run it again next week!

Ridiculous. The Ravens have a lot of room for improvement on offense, and anybody who's paying attention to the games should agree. If not, you're not really watching!
    Worked for Matt Stafford pretty good.

"Then he goes out the other day against Houston, and it did appear they were running some very vanilla stuff. Give the Texans a ton of credit now, because on half those plays Joe could do nothing about it. But it wasn't like it was a pass-driven offense. It was 'We're going to make sure we run the ball and get Ray Rice his carries, and then throw some token throws in there.' It was a game plan that said 20 points wins this game, and hey, they were right.''
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1jwEurtAx

Maybe Greg Cosell and anyone else who wants to criticize Cam should try to wrap his head around this concept.

per aaron wilson "Cam Cameron on offense: 'There’s probably some predictability to it.'"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    per aaron wilson "Cam Cameron on offense: 'There’s probably some predictability to it.'"
    Genius.
    -JAB

11. Re: Old Fashioned Offense

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    uhhhhh fellas.... anytime your fullback (who happens to be the best in football) is in on 52% of the plays from scrimmage, odds are you're going to run the ball a lot. And you're the goal is to run it down their throats.

Blog Entries

This might be one of those cases where they don't reach too far into the bag if they don't have to. Even with this play-calling, dropped passes and a mistake or two by Rice, kept them from scoring 25-30 on the Texans defense.

I would not be surprised to see a much different game-plan against the Patriots.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore