Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Old Fashioned Offense

I think this is basically what a lot of us have been saying about Cam all season, including last year as well. Cam is unimaginative and his worst trait is inability to change game plans. Ravens used to be one of the best teams at half time adjustments, i cant say thats been the case since hes been here. Im really hoping that something changes this week. Im not sure why it would change now, as weve had other big games that he didnt but i can only hope.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Agree that the offense needs to improve, and Cam most likely needs to go.

But it won't make any difference what offense is run, or who is running it, if the offensive line doesn't do a better job of protecting Flacco from 4 defensive linemen. He needs a clean pocket to excel.
    If guys are open Flacco won't need as much time. Joe is forced to hold the ball way too long waiting for a receiver. The only offense I can compare it to is the one the Bears just dumped. Obviously we want the pass blocking to improve but it's not nearly as bad as it looks.

Blog Entries

This is a serious indictment of Cam. Harbaugh as well, because it's happening on his watch. Cam should have been fired after last year. The fact that this team wins in spite of him is a testament to its talent.

Poor Joe..no wonder he gets sacked so much. We're running an Air Coryell offense without the right personnel lol...

This is like Mike Martz to Jay Cutler...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This is a serious indictment of Cam. Harbaugh as well, because it's happening on his watch. Cam should have been fired after last year. The fact that this team wins in spite of him is a testament to its talent.
    :word

Agreed 100%.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

NFL Films Greg Cosell: Ravens offense predictable, is a throwback to the 1960's

4 years with Cam and our offense has added a lot more talent..the result, offense is marginally better than Joe's rookie year

Blog Entries

It really drives me nuts how Cam will call all this long developing low % routes in a row. I think it's a big reason why Flacco's comp % dropped. I want to see more high % plays then work into deep shots. IE, I'd love to see them call some slants to Torrey. Then, have Torrey run the slant-go double move and leave the cb in the dust.

Re: NFL Films Greg Cosell: Ravens offense predictable, is a throwback to the 1960's

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...hioned-Offense

Being discussed already

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It really drives me nuts how Cam will call all this long developing low % routes in a row. I think it's a big reason why Flacco's comp % dropped. I want to see more high % plays then work into deep shots. IE, I'd love to see them call some slants to Torrey. Then, have Torrey run the slant-go double move and leave the cb in the dust.
    Air Coryell is directly attributed to Joes low throwing percentage, as well as the drops weve all seen. as far as imaginative underneath routes, i think youre asking way too much of Cam. Thats like asking Bill Walsh to use the Run. Youd think with his Job/Ravens season on the line hed be more willing to bend on his philosophies that are clearly not working, but i think Cams to proud/dumb for that honestly. He hasnt designed a system that best suites his players as much as he tries to fit players into his system. I think the best coaches are flexible and switch to what gets the most out of their teams. Cam isnt a great coach.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Since were on the subject of playcalling, is it just me or does it seem like the more the season(s) has gone along the playbook gets smaller and less creative.

I mean where are the gameplan that beat the Steelers the first game with all the TE crossing route.

That is the most frustrating part to me is we know Cam is capable of designing a good play and game plan but doesn't always use it.

Not sure a post can get me more frustrated. BUT let's dance with who 'brung' us for a couple more games, hopefully! Here's to Cam coaching like the guru he thinks he is this weekend!