Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Old Fashioned Offense

What bugs me most is that they have changed so many rules to benefit the passing game the past couple of years. So many teams have modified their offenses to take advantage of this. We've see the Titans bring back elements of the Run & Shoot and the Broncos use the option because of the players on their team.

When is Cam going to adjust this offense to suit the talent on this team? We desperately need some new thinking on this offense. Clean them all out and bring in someone who isn't friends with John Harbaugh and never coached with his father or played with his brother. Run this team like the business that it is and hire the best man for the job.

Well I'm officially on board with the fire Cam Cameron bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What bugs me most is that they have changed so many rules to benefit the passing game the past couple of years. So many teams have modified their offenses to take advantage of this. We've see the Titans bring back elements of the Run & Shoot and the Broncos use the option because of the players on their team.

When is Cam going to adjust this offense to suit the talent on this team? We desperately need some new thinking on this offense. Clean them all out and bring in someone who isn't friends with John Harbaugh and never coached with his father or played with his brother. Run this team like the business that it is and hire the best man for the job.
    What bothers me is that we've seen the Ravens implement some of these concepts at times but without regularity. Boldin and Heap dominated the playoff game against Kansas City with crossing patterns and YAC. In the playoff game against Pittsburgh Flacco threw a TD pass to Heap on a rub route. We saw some of it week 1 with some TE screens against Pittsburgh. At times we've seen short patterns on 3rd and 2 to move the chains.

So we know it's possible for Cam to change. I'm just going to hope that all of the iso-crap and 20 yard corner patterns to Pitta on 3rd and 2 were just game plan specific and that Cam puts together a great game plan for this week.

Greg Cosell thoughts on the Ravens offense

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4677/joe-flacco

Appearing on Sirius XM Radio Thursday morning, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell described the Ravens' offense as "incredibly predictable."
    "Watching their tape is like watching the 1960s," he
    continued. "One receiver to each side. Isolation routes. No bunch sets or rub routes." Added Cosell, "I've never seen a group of receivers so unable to beat man coverage." The Ravens' offense has become so predictable because they were blowing easy wins when attempting to run a pass-first offense in the season's first half.

Agree that the offense needs to improve, and Cam most likely needs to go.

But it won't make any difference what offense is run, or who is running it, if the offensive line doesn't do a better job of protecting Flacco from 4 defensive linemen. He needs a clean pocket to excel.

Brian Cushing said esentially the same things about the Ravens' offense after the Texan game.

Nothing everyone here didn't already know.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Agree that the offense needs to improve, and Cam most likely needs to go.

But it won't make any difference what offense is run, or who is running it, if the offensive line doesn't do a better job of protecting Flacco from 4 defensive linemen. He needs a clean pocket to excel.
    True, but the counter to that is that you can gameplan for not having an OL that is great at pass protection.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Greg Cosell thoughts on the Ravens offense

Blog Entries

Everyone know's the Ravens offense. It's bad when (as a fan) can sit in the stands and predict what's coming. I'm really suprised more teams didn't use the Titans and Jags defensive approach when playing us. Physical man press coverage.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Sorry, didnt see this thread, can one of the mods delete the one i made...

I've always felt the routes were to predictable, that was one of my problems with Cam. I dont really see what can be done or improve with him on board because it seems as if Harbs saved his job last year and said he'd be more involved and it doesnt seem like it amounted to anything. We need a new OC that will bring us into the 2000's at least lol

Blog Entries

Cam has had 4 years to mold and develop an offense that is consistent. He has talent. He has the support of the front office who has gone out and gotten the players that Cam said he needed.

The Ravens are lucky that they have the talent that they do have on offense because they are winning in spite of Cam.

I mean, just look at the last 4 years:
    2008 Draft - Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Oniel Cousins, Marcus Smith, David Hale, Justin Harper, & Allen Patrick.
    2009 Draft - Michael Oher, Davon Drew, & Cedric Peerman.
    2010 Draft - Ed Dickson, Dennis Pitta, David Reed, Ramon Harewood,
    2011 Draft - Torrey Smith, Jah Reid, Tandon Doss, Tyrod Taylor, Anthony Allen

That's a lot of offensive talent. No one from the 08 draft class past Ray Rice is left on the team and No one in the 09 draft past Oher is left on the team. It's not like Cam doesn't have a say in these folks.

Vonta Leach, Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, Matt Birk, Bryant McKinnie, Kris Wilson, Ricky Williams, TJ Houshmandzadeh...

Al Saunders & Jim Zorn...

The front office has done a lot to give the offense as much talent as possible while still maintaining a healthy defense.

Cam, Andy Moeller, and Jeff Hostler all need to pack their bags at the end of the season and split. They've done little with a lot of talent and they've gotten this offense about as far as it's going to go with their coaching philosophy.

The only offensive coach who has done a good job, IMO, is the backs coach Wilbert Montgomery. He deserves to stick around.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 01-19-2012 at 12:03 PM.