Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Did anyone just see Harrison & Buchanan on CSN?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    The criticism for Joe Flacco is completely nonsensical.
    Seriously. the Flacco bashing has gotten completely out of hand. Bunch of sheep.

Americanmade2012 Guest

The problem is this is a message board and we will always get people with opinions and flacco could throw for 600 yards and people would still bash him and you know its true.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I remember when this board was full of Ravens fans chatting back and forth about the Ravens.

Anyone else remember that?

PP

Good times, and PP this is proving my point.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

While comparing Brady to Flacco at this point in their careers is completely stupid, Joe and Brady aren't playing each other. Joe is going against the Pats' defense, which is terrible and Brady is going against the Ravens' defense, which is pretty good. Add in that we have a much better running game and I think it'll be a lot closer than people expect.

The Ravens aren't a great road team but they play up or down to their opponent. I think the Ravens win.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The last time this many people said the Ravens didn't have a chance in the playoffs they won the Super Bowl.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I remember when this board was full of Ravens fans chatting back and forth about the Ravens.

Anyone else remember that?

PP
    Agreed.

By my count, this is the tenth thread started since Sunday about some sort perceived dissing by the media.

I'm stunned at the thin skin some of the new folks have.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

By my count, this is the tenth thread started since Sunday about some sort perceived dissing by the media.

I'm stunned at the thin skin some of the new folks have.
    I made a thread talking about the game strategy and it got two replies and was buried onto the second/third page. Maybe if everyone who spent all their posts bitching about the stupid threads made some interesting ones than we wouldn't have such a problem here.

Just a suggestion.

Blog Entries

Who the fuck cares what Rodney HGHarrison thinks? That guy has not once said anything positive about the Ravens. In fact, after the 1st week's beat down of Pittsburgh he said (and I quote) "The Ravens are going to get their butt whooped in November."

So, yea. Rodney HGHarrison is a moron.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

first off, I dont think Harrison ever knows what hes talking about. secondly, this whole Flacco is god awful talk is getting out of hand. he went from a top 10 QB to now hes not even above average? If they stack the line to stop rice, itll be a great day for baltimore and flacco. their secondary is pretty pitiful this year and leaving them out to dry like that would be a huge mistake that could be taken advantage of. If Cam can make some in game adjustments early to however they decide to play us, well should be in good shape either way. Problem is im not so sure Cam has ever done that so we better hope his first game plan works.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Rodney Harrison & Ray Buchanan both picked the Pats to win by two TDs. Said that Pats would stack 8 in the box to shut down Rice and they don't believe Flacco is good enough to lead the Ravens back from a 14 point deficit.
    I guess I dreamt the Ravens came back from 21 points down against the Cardinals? Oh by the way, the Cardinals were ranked 17th in pass defense while the Patriots were ranked 31st. The Texans were ranked 3rd.

Its never been more obvious to me than this season that the media and ex-players giving opinions are clueless.

Per the usual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Is anyone really surprised by the media picks and does every comment from a talking head deserve a thread? They've been bashing the Ravens all season for their inconsistency and have decided that Flacco is going to be thier whipping boy. So why is everyone so up in arms about it? The only way for these guys to pick the Ravens is for them to swallow a lot of pride, and you know that isn't happening. The Ravens have to lose or they all look like bigger idiots than they are. This is nothing new.

Wake me up when something interesting happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Its never been more obvious to me than this season that the media and ex-players giving opinions are clueless.
    I always expect a certain amount of that, but you're right, the chatter around the nation (and in Boston especially; I know because I live there and hear it) about this game has reached new depths of ignorance and absurdity. It's gone from the tragic to the comic to the sublime in the span of only a few days.

Picking the Pats to win is fine and one can make a perfectly reasonable argument to defend that point of view. The problem is that hardly anyone does that, but they still pick the Pats to win by 14+ points. And somehow they keep their jobs as commentators and writers. Even if they turn out to be right, it will be for the wrong reasons.

Last night on Boston TV an ex-Patriots players literally said that the Ravens cannot even slow down the Patriots passing attack. Reason? Our "cornerbacks are too slow". Good god. Just go ahead and make things up out of the clear blue sky why don't you. These people don't even watch the games closely or else their opinions would not be so ignor-arrogant. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Last night on Boston TV an ex-Patriots players literally said that the Ravens cannot even slow down the Patriots passing attack. Reason? Our "cornerbacks are too slow". Good god. Just go ahead and make things up out of the clear blue sky why don't you. These people don't even watch the games closely or else their opinions would not be so ignor-arrogant. Hilarious!
    That is because I think very few people actually look at game film, analyze stats and do any real analysis before making a statement.

I honestly think most of the national media equate the Ravens secondary with Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard. So they see great but declining skills in Reed and mediocre (coverage) skills in Pollard and just assume the secondary is getting worse.

I would bet half the national analysts would not even know who Webb is or what team he plays for if asked.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I honestly think most of the national media equate the Ravens secondary with Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard. So they see great but declining skills in Reed and mediocre (coverage) skills in Pollard and just assume the secondary is getting worse.

I would bet half the national analysts would not even know who Webb is or what team he plays for if asked.
    It's not just the national media who is lazy. Marvin Lewis said that the Ravens defnesive backs were the most penalized in the league. Some of these guys just need to get their heads out of their asses and get into this season, not seasons past.