Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello From New England!

What's up Raven fans. I'm a season ticket holder for the Pats and looking forward to this game Sunday. We all know how tough the Ravens play us and they are the one team from the AFC that scared the crap out of me.

So I wanted to say good luck.

Re: Hello From New England!

Thanks. You'll find this board a great place for civil, intelligent football talk if you do the same, which it seems you are here to do.
    It seems like this is exactly the game the AFC needed to determine the champion. Should be a classic.
    This game could really go either way. The only thing that would shock me is if the Ravens won in a blow out. The Pats blowing us out would not be surprising. But I have to go with my heart and say the Ravens pull this one out in a nail biter. The key is Rice eating up clock and keeping the ball out of Brady's hands and the D getting to him early and often.
    For the Pats to win Brady needs to pick on our secondary.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingshmegland View Post
    What's up Raven fans. I'm a season ticket holder for the Pats and looking forward to this game Sunday. We all know how tough the Ravens play us and they are the one team from the AFC that scared the crap out of me.

So I wanted to say good luck.
    Welcome. I am a life-long Baltimorean, but I used to live up in Boston and loved it -- I even cheered for you guys to knock off the Yankees in '04 and the Rams in '01 and you did not disappoint.

Congrats on another great season -- and to think that we let Belicheck go right before the Ravens started playing in Baltimore. I would love to have that decision back -- but all of that is water under the bridge.

You guys will be a very tough challenge for us -- there is no better QB left in the playoffs than Brady and no better coach than Belicheck. I think you guys have enough to win at home, but hope that the Ravens prove me wrong.

While I can't wish your team luck this weekend (as if they needed it), I do wish you well and hope the game is exciting and hard fought.

As a NE fan how do you see this game playing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    Ravens win. Pats lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post

Hey! Thanks everyone. Well every game we've had except the 2009 playoff game has been tough, hard fought, tight games. I expect nothing less.

I expect the Ravens D to press on the tight ends and slow down Gronk and Hernandez getting into their routes. Double Welker and put Reed on Gronk. If the Ravens can get pressure from the front 4 or in some varying degree any 4, it will be a long day for the Pats.

I expect the Pats to spread it out with lots of movement. Get the tight ends in motion to help with the separation they need.

As bad as Flaco has been, I have no faith in our secondary. So who the hell knows?! LOL I'm looking at a 72-24 or 30-28 for either team. Though this will be a great game to watch.

What's up with Brady?
    Heard he had a sore left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    What's up with Brady?
    Heard he had a sore left shoulder.
    As usual, half the Patriots team is on the injury report. No one (of consequence) is missing this game.

They said that he injured it in week 16 against Miami. But how he played durrng the last week and the playoff game so far. I'm not worried.

Clark Judge now dismissing our playoff victory in NE by swearing that Brady played with cracked ribs that he and NE will never admit to. Lol. Can't wait to hear the spin if we win this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingshmegland View Post
    Hey! Thanks everyone. Well every game we've had except the 2009 playoff game has been tough, hard fought, tight games. I expect nothing less.

I expect the Ravens D to press on the tight ends and slow down Gronk and Hernandez getting into their routes. Double Welker and put Reed on Gronk. If the Ravens can get pressure from the front 4 or in some varying degree any 4, it will be a long day for the Pats.

I expect the Pats to spread it out with lots of movement. Get the tight ends in motion to help with the separation they need.

As bad as Flaco has been, I have no faith in our secondary. So who the hell knows?! LOL I'm looking at a 72-24 or 30-28 for either team. Though this will be a great game to watch.
    Now there's a fan from enemy territory who knows what he's talking about. Great post.

I'm not sure about Reed on Gronk because Reed isn't 100% physical and Gronk might run over him. Just not sure there.

But we need somebody to beat him up at the line
    and keep dogging him til he's tired and can't go
    any more.

That was a typical Belli draft. Gronk was
    risky due to his injuries in college and he turns out
    to be the best in pros.

Belli was scared Ozzie was going to get him and
    jumped in front. He wanted Rice but didn't think Oz would draft him because we had McGahee.

Stopping Gronk will be the key to the game, that
    and the pass rush. It disappeared on Sun but we
    got by.

We won't in NE if Brady has time.

Blog Entries

What does the New England fan-base know of Lardarius Webb and, in general, who do they think is Baltimore's best CB?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore