Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

No considering noone really cares what the media thinks anyway. A bunch of never played and has beens across the board. So what does there opinion matter? As for the Fans, MOST in Baltimore back Flacco and realize while he's not Brady or Manning he's a shitton better than fucking Boller, or even old man McNair when he was here, or Dilfer, or any of the other damn QB's we've had(to include Vinnie and I still stand behind him being a good QB). AND he's a damn sight better than more than half the QB's in the league.

The "fans" that bash him are more "never played" idiots who aren't happy with anything and could find something to bitch about on even Steak and BJ day.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Disagree, in bigger markets it would be worse, even more brutal, especially the media (heck, the national media is already much harder on him than the locals). Look at a guy like Eli Manning and what he's gone through - and he's already won a SB.

I like Joe a lot and don't think he's going anywhere, but I do think he needs to put his big boy pants on and grow thicker skin. If you want to be a QB in the NFL, then you have to expect this kind of exposure and criticism (warranted or not). It just is what it is, and he's got to stop complaining about it because it only makes it worse.

He need to take the advise in my signature....

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not, in any way, shape or form, condoning all of the crap that's being said about Flacco or in any way agree with it. But, again, it's just part of being a QB in the NFL.
    I think the fact that he's paid so much attention to the criticism rubs me the wrong way, as well as the fact that he believes he's a elite QB because of team achievements. Can he eventually be elite? Idk, he has elite tool, and with some offensive coaching changes and focus on his fundamentals i think he has a chance. But he has to take responsibility for his own play.

To answer the question of the thread i dont think that'll be the case. I think they wanna keep him long term and he wants to be in baltimore, if anything if his play really falls off a cliff he'll be ran out of town then him running out of town.

Only Steve Bisciotti can run Joe out of town and that's not going to happen from what I've seen.

He absolutely LOVES Joe Flacco.

Nobody in that locker room should give a damn about what the media says.

Blog Entries

Unless your name is Ed Reed or Ray Lewis it doesn't matter how good of a player you are...the media just isn't really big on Baltimore teams. It's been like that for years.

It's also not even the local media or fans really, it's more of the national media that really just looks at stats and makes their decision.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Tony Romo gets the media making excuses for him ALL. THE TIME. Jay Cutler hasn't really done shit, so he doesn't count, and Sanchez was the cats meow in New York until a few weeks ago.
    Ha!

Yea, Romo really has it easy.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i agree. the media is making flacco the eddie murray of baltimore football.

Does look familiar, doesn't it.

How can the national media run a guy out of a town?

The Eddie Murray thing isn't remotely similar.

And the Ravens organization doesn't give two shits about what message board posters or talk radio guys say.

Is this serious?

And let it be noted that I've been accused of being a Flacco "hater".

PP

What would be nice is to see Flacco and the Ravens go to the SB and shut off every talking head who bad mouth them. No interview for you, at all. Time to take the media to the woodshed and make them pay for all the BS they raised. That's how they should be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    What would be nice is to see Flacco and the Ravens go to the SB and shut off every talking head who bad mouth them. No interview for you, at all. Time to take the media to the woodshed and make them pay for all the BS they raised. That's how they should be handled.
    Or do what Eli Manning does and just answer each question calmly and not give a shit what some media members say or think.

PP

It is still mind-boggling to me that THIS is what we are talking about a mere 4 days away from the freaking AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. One game away from the Super Bowl, and we are discussing the team and Joe Flacco like he's Kyle Boller or Stoney Case.

It's just unreal to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It is still mind-boggling to me that THIS is what we are talking about a mere 4 days away from the freaking AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. One game away from the Super Bowl, and we are discussing the team and Joe Flacco like he's Kyle Boller or Stoney Case.

It's just unreal to me.
    This is what I'm boggled by. This team is 1 FREAKING WIN away from the Superbowl!! 1 WIN! Yet, you'd think the Ravens didn't even make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

It's just unreal to me.
    People forget how good they have it. Maybe they weren't fans before Flacco got here or something. He isn't a top 3 QB in the league but he is top 10.

random side note: If we lose this Patriots game I will be anxious to see what kind of contract numbers they will be talking for him.