Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86
  1. #16

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?



    I like Flacco but it's a fact he gets erratic and he hasn't really had a good playoff game except the KC game last year. However, I think the thing that most hurts him is the vanilla scheme that Cam serves up. If the fans know what's coming and have gotten Cam's 6-8 plays down pat, how easy is it for the opposition to do so? A good and imaginative OC would have Flacco's stats looking vastly better because he wouldn't be limited to throwing to guys running the same old routes or checkdowns to Rice.




  2. #17

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    One other thing, if Flacco was actually bad the criticism would be valid and I would say grow thicker skin. But that IS NOT THE CASE. Eli Manning was T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E his first FOUR years before he played well in the playoffs his 4th year. He DESERVED the criticism because he SUCKED. Period.

    If anyone took the time to go back and look at QB's in their first 4 years instead of just running their fucking mouth all day, they would see that he is well on his way to becoming a GREAT QB and is well ahead of the curve.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,621
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    one other thing, if flacco was actually bad the criticism would be valid and i would say grow thicker skin. But that is not the case. Eli manning was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e his first four years before he played well in the playoffs his 4th year. He deserved the criticism because he sucked. Period.

    If anyone took the time to go back and look at qb's in their first 4 years instead of just running their fucking mouth all day, they would see that he is well on his way to becoming a great qb and is well ahead of the curve.

    standing o-motherfucking-vation!!




  4. #19

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Eli Manning can be Mr. Pick Machine at times, and does not possess Joe's regular season win percentage. Put that with - besides their 07 playoff run/SB win, Eli hadn't won in the playoffs until this year.

    I don't think a single SB tells the entire story.

    I think if Flacco went to a larger market, and made the POs every season for 4 years, they'd make him a God. (Everywhere except Philly, NE, & Pitt because you are expected to win the SB every year in those cities).
    Except Eli is a better QB than Joe, IMO. I could care less about playoff wins, more goes into that than just the QB play (see NO and GB last week).

    That said, I think there are a lot of similarities between what Eli has gone through and what Joe is going through now. Same with Alex Smith (not that I think he's there yet). Heck, plenty of QBs have been run out of towns where the teams were not that good.

    As far as other places and 4 straight playoffs, sure, a lot of places would die for that. But, once you done that 4 straight times, it creates expectations, and now Joe - and the Ravens - are forced to live up to those expectations. Again, fair or not, it is what it is.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,621
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Except Eli is a better QB than Joe, IMO. I could care less about playoff wins, more goes into that than just the QB play (see NO and GB last week).

    That said, I think there are a lot of similarities between what Eli has gone through and what Joe is going through now. Same with Alex Smith (not that I think he's there yet). Heck, plenty of QBs have been run out of towns where the teams were not that good.

    As far as other places and 4 straight playoffs, sure, a lot of places would die for that. But, once you done that 4 straight times, it creates expectations, and now Joe - and the Ravens - are forced to live up to those expectations. Again, fair or not, it is what it is.

    Eli is a better quarterback NOW (even though that's HIGHLY debatable) but in his first 4 years, he SUCKED. Hell, he hadn't won his first playoff game UNTIL his 4th year - in the less competitive NFC no less.

    I kind of understand where you're getting at when you say "when you go to the playoffs four straight years it creates expectations" - yes, those expectations should be MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

    People act like before Flacco got here we were a contender year in out, had already been through a franchise quarterback, and won 3 superbowls. None of which is true.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Maybe Ray and Ed want to light a bit of a fire under his ass for this weekends game, who knows. If he can play well in NE and get some TDs, that's all you can ask. He won't be facing a swarming defense and the run game should support him. Just do it Joe!
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,512
    Shocker.

    A media themed thread that turned into a discussion about Joes play.

    Such a rarity.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #23

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Eli is a better quarterback NOW (even though that's HIGHLY debatable) but in his first 4 years, he SUCKED. Hell, he hadn't won his first playoff game UNTIL his 4th year - in the less competitive NFC no less.

    I kind of understand where you're getting at when you say "when you go to the playoffs four straight years it creates expectations" - yes, those expectations should be MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

    People act like before Flacco got here we were a contender year in out, had already been through a franchise quarterback, and won 3 superbowls. None of which is true.
    This.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    reisterstown
    Posts
    339

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    People don't understand the NY media. It's the biggest homer media in America. . . . until you royally screw up. Then they lynch you. At this point in Joe's career he'd be a media darling in NY. Now if he went out Sun and threw 3 picks and lost they'd crucify him and run him out of town. But if he played mediocre and won they'd call him one of the best in the league. They always overrate their own.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    No considering noone really cares what the media thinks anyway. A bunch of never played and has beens across the board. So what does there opinion matter? As for the Fans, MOST in Baltimore back Flacco and realize while he's not Brady or Manning he's a shitton better than fucking Boller, or even old man McNair when he was here, or Dilfer, or any of the other damn QB's we've had(to include Vinnie and I still stand behind him being a good QB). AND he's a damn sight better than more than half the QB's in the league.

    The "fans" that bash him are more "never played" idiots who aren't happy with anything and could find something to bitch about on even Steak and BJ day.




  11. #26

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Disagree, in bigger markets it would be worse, even more brutal, especially the media (heck, the national media is already much harder on him than the locals). Look at a guy like Eli Manning and what he's gone through - and he's already won a SB.

    I like Joe a lot and don't think he's going anywhere, but I do think he needs to put his big boy pants on and grow thicker skin. If you want to be a QB in the NFL, then you have to expect this kind of exposure and criticism (warranted or not). It just is what it is, and he's got to stop complaining about it because it only makes it worse.

    He need to take the advise in my signature....

    EDIT: To be clear, I'm not, in any way, shape or form, condoning all of the crap that's being said about Flacco or in any way agree with it. But, again, it's just part of being a QB in the NFL.
    I think the fact that he's paid so much attention to the criticism rubs me the wrong way, as well as the fact that he believes he's a elite QB because of team achievements. Can he eventually be elite? Idk, he has elite tool, and with some offensive coaching changes and focus on his fundamentals i think he has a chance. But he has to take responsibility for his own play.

    To answer the question of the thread i dont think that'll be the case. I think they wanna keep him long term and he wants to be in baltimore, if anything if his play really falls off a cliff he'll be ran out of town then him running out of town.




  12. #27

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Only Steve Bisciotti can run Joe out of town and that's not going to happen from what I've seen.

    He absolutely LOVES Joe Flacco.

    Nobody in that locker room should give a damn about what the media says.

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Unless your name is Ed Reed or Ray Lewis it doesn't matter how good of a player you are...the media just isn't really big on Baltimore teams. It's been like that for years.

    It's also not even the local media or fans really, it's more of the national media that really just looks at stats and makes their decision.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #29

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Tony Romo gets the media making excuses for him ALL. THE TIME. Jay Cutler hasn't really done shit, so he doesn't count, and Sanchez was the cats meow in New York until a few weeks ago.
    Ha!

    Yea, Romo really has it easy.

    PP




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    378

    Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i agree. the media is making flacco the eddie murray of baltimore football.

    Does look familiar, doesn't it.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland