Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    We're becoming worse than Eagles fans. We finally have a solid QB and a large portion of the fanbase just rails on the guy. Baltimore fans are literally never happy.
    I wouldn't say that it's a large portion - more like a vocal minority. I guess if you base it on what you hear on talk radio, it is, but I'd suggest that callers to talk radio are NOT a true reflection of the thoughts and feelings of the majority of a fan base.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

2. Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    We're becoming worse than Eagles fans. We finally have a solid QB and a large portion of the fanbase just rails on the guy. Baltimore fans are literally never happy.
    Just because you hear more of the other extreme doesn't mean it represents the fanbase as a whole.

A few Muslims are Terrorist.. doesn't represent the Religion as a whole. Perception isn't reality.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

If we hard on Flacco, it is because it is the fans collective belief that this team has the talent to go to the Superbowl and win it. There have been several games where Joe has not played well. We have won some of those and lost some of those. But we are not Denver. We will not be taking out bill boards asking for the backup to be played. We have no heir apparent. The fans and media are not likely to run Joe out of town because his value is higher here than it is anywhere else. When Joe is a free agent, there is unlikely to be other teams looking to steal him away. If there is a team willing to pay Joe more than Ozzie, than I trust Ozzie to have a back up plan. But if the team commits to Joe and gives him a long term contract, the rumblings of a minority of fans will make no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    You are full of it man. There are only three or four cities that would be harder on him. He is getting roasted for having a 98 quarterback rating in his 5th playoff win when he had 5 dropped passes and was hurried on 22 of 28 dropbacks.
    Yeah...ok.

Pretty sure that any and every national media story on Joe is just as harsh if not more harsh than anything written here in Baltimore. He is getting roasted by the NATIONAL media.

And if you go to any other team fans board or bar, they don't think much of Joe...most people think he is on the same level as Mark Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think you are crazy if you think Baltimore is or would be any harder on Joe than virtually any other city in the NFL.
    This.

This board has now swung so far towards the opposite of the Flacco "hate" that's supposedly everywhere that's it's gotten ridiculous.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    This.

This board has now swung so far towards the opposite of the Flacco "hate" that's supposedly everywhere that's it's gotten ridiculous.

PP
    Yup.

If anything, people here in Baltimore are fighting each other for the right to throw Cam off the cliff in defense of Joe.

This.

PP
    PP, have you been reading this forum? Or the Sun, or PFT, or ESPN, NFL Network, 105.7, etc:?? The topic of this very thread is "Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?"

Seriously, how do you not see the level of animosity a growing chunk of this town seems to have for Flacco? To say it's not there on a national level as well is just not seeing reality.

And again, THIS is what we are talking about before one of the Raven's biggest games in a long time. Not how we're going to beat the Patriots. Not how we're going to the Super Bowl. No, it's whether or not Joe Flacco is a bum or not.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    PP, have you been reading this forum? Or the Sun, or PFT, or ESPN, NFL Network, 105.7, etc:?? The topic of this very thread is "Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?"

Seriously, how do you not see the level of animosity a growing chunk of this town seems to have for Flacco? To say it's not there on a national level as well is just not seeing reality.

And again, THIS is what we are talking about before one of the Raven's biggest games in a long time. Not how we're going to beat the Patriots. Not how we're going to the Super Bowl. No, it's whether or not Joe Flacco is a bum or not.
    This is a serious question.

What % of fans do you think actually voice their opinions via message boards and/or talk radio.

It's an EXTREMELY small number.

Talk radio has become a haven for complaining etc... When the Ravens win and Flacco does well, there is very little going on. You know why? Because the people who are satisfied with Flacco and like him don't feel the need to call in. When things go awry the phones light up. Thats the way it goes and I think it's pretty obvious to be honest. The typical vocal minority. Then in turn you will get some people calling in to support Joe when they feel he's getting too much flack. And the cycle goes on and on.

I've seen plenty of positive stuff on Joe Flacco. Hell, Merrill Hoge, who many call a Steelers homer, called Flacco the most underrated QB in the league the past few seasons! But yet that doesn't register a blip on the radar. There is a 3 page thread because Trevor Pryce said the Ravens would lose to NE!

The Ravens fanbase isn't some sort of anomaly Sting. They are just like most other fan bases that care about their teams

The reality is that most fans aren't nearly as engaged in the team as people like us. They don't follow nearly as close as we do. We are the minority. I know PSL holders who rarely read about or pay attention to anything except the actual games.

Of course I can't be sure but I'd wager a whole lot of money that the vast majority of them have absolutely no issue with Flacco. None.

And I think you misread my post. I said it's the national media which makes me chuckle because the premise of the thread is the media running him out. What, the national media is gonna run Joe Flacco out of Baltimore?

You do realize that the majority on this board are HUGE Flacco backers right? I mean, the fervor created by negative press towards him is met with FAR more fervor in defense.

BTW, you can thank Ed Reed for stoking those flames.

And about the Boller comparisons. That's just hyperbole on your part man. I've seen literally no mention of that. People stating Joe is an average QB somehow get labeled as thinking he's the equal of the garbage QBs we've had in the past.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 01-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

9. Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

PP is pretty spot on bro.

This board is just like every other legit board. Its really not bad. I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 people with hate for Flacco. Kbbuk or whatever his name, is, and one other guy. That's it. If you can show me more than 3 consistent posters with Real Hate for Flacco then i'll let off, but somehow that means everyone hates Joe. MAJORITY OF FANS LOVE FLACCO. I really don't see the supposed Joe hate on this board, which apparently a "Majority" of people hate him. IF anything its the polar opposite, and its becoming increasingly hard to state your opinion, if it isn't extremely Pro Flacco. This board is very supportive of Flacco. Like you said the fact that we're talking about this at this time, should tell you something.

Come on man, don't tell me you don't see that?

I am one of the few I guess that listen to WNST on a regular basis in the morning. And I read this forum a lot as a way to pass the time at work.

I have read and heard locally a lot more people blaming Cam for just about everything.

I guess the Ed Reed thread has warped some opinions that we are out to get Joe as I don't see any other threads that really can be construed as animosity for Joe, but if you want to blame someone for that, blame Ed for being dumb enough to run his mouth to the media.

11. Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

This is a serious question.

What % of fans do you think actually voice their opinions via message boards and/or talk radio.

It's an EXTREMELY small number.

Talk radio has become a haven for complaining etc... When the Ravens win and Flacco does well, there is very little going on. You know why? Because the people who are satisfied with Flacco and like him don't feel the need to call in. When things go awry the phones light up. Thats the way it goes and I think it's pretty obvious to be honest. The typical vocal minority. Then in turn you will get some people calling in to support Joe when they feel he's getting too much flack. And the cycle goes on and on.

I've seen plenty of positive stuff on Joe Flacco. Hell, Merrill Hoge, who many call a Steelers homer, called Flacco the most underrated QB in the league the past few seasons! But yet that doesn't register a blip on the radar. There is a 3 page thread because Trevor Pryce said the Ravens would lose to NE!

The Ravens fanbase isn't some sort of anomaly Sting. They are just like most other fan bases that care about their teams

The reality is that most fans aren't nearly as engaged in the team as people like us. They don't follow nearly as close as we do. We are the minority. I know PSL holders who rarely read about or pay attention to anything except the actual games.

Of course I can't be sure but I'd wager a whole lot of money that the vast majority of them have absolutely no issue with Flacco. None.

And I think you misread my post. I said it's the national media which makes me chuckle because the premise of the thread is the media running him out. What, the national media is gonna run Joe Flacco out of Baltimore?

You do realize that the majority on this board are HUGE Flacco backers right? I mean, the fervor created by negative press towards him is met with FAR more fervor in defense.

BTW, you can thank Ed Reed for stoking those flames.

PP
    :word

That's pretty spot on.

12. Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

You just gave me a bright idea PP, every time i hear someone on TV say something positive about Joe i'll start a thread about it. I hear quite a few people sing Joe's Praises but i never see threads on those. I'm curious to see how many hits a positive thread gets when there's no defending to be done.

Stay tuned..