Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

With the media constantly running their mouths about Flacco, with (what seems like) half of the fanbase HATING whatever Flacco does, with Baltimore having a rep of being one of the most unglamorious places to play...Will it all ultimately run Flacco out of town?

I *think* that if Flacco played in a huge media market (NY, Dallas, Left Coast, etc) he would be loved and adored. How many teams can say that their team went to the POs 4 years in a row (now). None, except Baltimore. Except, it seems that to a lot of people in B More, what he does is simply not enough. Dallas hadn't won a playoff game in eons before a few years ago. The Jets got a spark with Sancheese but pissed it away this year. The Chargers always seem to implode at one point in the season damn near every year. Finally, the Redskins haven't sniffed anything in forever. All of the above teams would welcome Flacco (and more importantly his RECORD) with open arms.

I don't understand it - it's not like we're Philly, who've NEVER won a Superbowl - we've won shit before, we should know better. We're not going to reach 6-7 rings anytime soon, and it seems like some Ravens fans have Steeler complex. We HAVE to match or surpass their Superbowl trophies. Of course they won't say it, but I suspect it's true.

Why people in Baltimore seem to hate him is beyond me. The media, I can sort of understand because I don't think they like Baltimore anyway, no matter what happens (but that's another thread).

I said all of that to say this - fans need to start appreciating him because when contract talks come around, he may very well leave. He may say, fuck all of the BS that I had to go through in Baltimore, and let me go to a major market where I'll be loved, adored, and filthy rich. Winning may come secondary then.

I can imagine what would happen if THAT occured.

Count your blessings, ya know. You never miss the water until the well is bone dry.

2. Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

$105 million dollars says it doesn't.

Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    $105 million dollars and a new OC says it doesn't.
    Fixed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Fixed.
    I like that. It's true too. Flacco and Bisciotti might actually be on the same page about Cameron anyway.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Get a ring in Indianapolis and this all goes away.

Well, until next season's first loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I *think* that if Flacco played in a huge media market (NY, Dallas, Left Coast, etc) he would be loved and adored.
    Disagree, in bigger markets it would be worse, even more brutal, especially the media (heck, the national media is already much harder on him than the locals). Look at a guy like Eli Manning and what he's gone through - and he's already won a SB.

I like Joe a lot and don't think he's going anywhere, but I do think he needs to put his big boy pants on and grow thicker skin. If you want to be a QB in the NFL, then you have to expect this kind of exposure and criticism (warranted or not). It just is what it is, and he's got to stop complaining about it because it only makes it worse.

He need to take the advise in my signature....

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not, in any way, shape or form, condoning all of the crap that's being said about Flacco or in any way agree with it. But, again, it's just part of being a QB in the NFL.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post

Well, until next season's first loss.
    *chuckle*

People want Aaron Rodgers every weekend. Of course, just find Mr. Discount Double Check, and ask him, and he might tell you that against a tough defense even *he* isn't Aaron Rodgers. And we play many of our games against some of the toughest defenses in the league.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

i agree. the media is making flacco the eddie murray of baltimore football.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    If he "game manages" them to a championship (which I am perfectly ok with), he'll get the Eli treatment.

If he puts up 300+, 3 TDs and 125 QB rating on the Patriots and Giants....well, then I would really like to see what the media would say, because I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i agree. the media is making flacco the eddie murray of baltimore football.
    Not sure that one fits. Murray was the unquestioned leader of the team and had taken them to multiple playoffs and a championship.

I agree with Ravor: Some of this is on Flacco to just grow a thicker skin.

Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez and Jay Cutler have taken 10x worse than anything Flacco has. The Flacco-bashing by the national media is unhinged and ridiculous this week but it's time for him to STFU about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Disagree, in bigger markets it would be worse, even more brutal, especially the media (heck, the national media is already much harder on him than the locals). Look at a guy like Eli Manning and what he's gone through - and he's already won a SB.

I like Joe a lot and don't think he's going anywhere, but I do think he needs to put his big boy pants on and grow thicker skin. If you want to be a QB in the NFL, then you have to expect this kind of exposure and criticism (warranted or not). It just is what it is, and he's got to stop complaining about it because it only makes it worse.

He need to take the advise in my signature....

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not, in any way, shape or form, condoning all of the crap that's being said about Flacco or in any way agree with it. But, again, it's just part of being a QB in the NFL.
    Eli Manning can be Mr. Pick Machine at times, and does not possess Joe's regular season win percentage. Put that with - besides their 07 playoff run/SB win, Eli hadn't won in the playoffs until this year.

I don't think a single SB tells the entire story.

I think if Flacco went to a larger market, and made the POs every season for 4 years, they'd make him a God. (Everywhere except Philly, NE, & Pitt because you are expected to win the SB every year in those cities).