Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Will the media and fans run Flacco out of Baltimore?

It would be much worse in other cities...especially bigger markets like NY. Look at Mark Sanchez who is getting absolutely killed atm..

Baltimore market is pretty tame imo..everyone is just on edge because you can almost taste the super bowl with one more win. Everyone is on pins and needles and don't wont to screw up, everything has to be perfect.

You're going to get a lot of scrutiny but imo all that adversity can either make or break you and so far the Ravens have done well..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez and Jay Cutler have taken 10x worse than anything Flacco has. The Flacco-bashing by the national media is unhinged and ridiculous this week but it's time for him to STFU about it.
    Tony Romo gets the media making excuses for him ALL. THE TIME. Jay Cutler hasn't really done shit, so he doesn't count, and Sanchez was the cats meow in New York until a few weeks ago.

Luckily the people who run the Ravens sit back and LAUGH uncontrollably at the idiots in the media and the morons who permeate this fanbase. These people only wish they had the type of power to "run someone out of town". Inside the castle they are meaningless. Not worth their time. Mocked behind closed doors, and called the fools they are. Of course they would never come out and say that, but I guarantee that is what goes on when any of this idiots start yapping about things they have no clue about.

These are the dumbest humans on the face of the earth, in the most embarrassing time for sports media in my lifetime. They are a joke, and are so detached from reality living in their "let's see what we can stir yup today world" I would be embarrassed to even associate with them. Are their exceptions? Sure, but it aint many. There is one that runs this site, one from the CC times and couple at CSN who actually do their jobs, could care less about being "famous" and stay above the fray.

It is disgusting what the media in this town and nationally has become, mainly thanks to ESPBULLSHIT and their ilk. Just sit up ther and run your mouth and look pretty on TV, who cares of what you say has even one shred of accuracy. Read what they wrote for you to say off the teleprompter and do not spend one second knowing what the hell you are talking about.

But that is OK, because I am doing something about it and soon enough will make every Flacco basher look like the fools they are. It is time to set the record straight and since no one else wants to do it might as well be me.

I like Flacco but it's a fact he gets erratic and he hasn't really had a good playoff game except the KC game last year. However, I think the thing that most hurts him is the vanilla scheme that Cam serves up. If the fans know what's coming and have gotten Cam's 6-8 plays down pat, how easy is it for the opposition to do so? A good and imaginative OC would have Flacco's stats looking vastly better because he wouldn't be limited to throwing to guys running the same old routes or checkdowns to Rice.

One other thing, if Flacco was actually bad the criticism would be valid and I would say grow thicker skin. But that IS NOT THE CASE. Eli Manning was T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E his first FOUR years before he played well in the playoffs his 4th year. He DESERVED the criticism because he SUCKED. Period.

If anyone took the time to go back and look at QB's in their first 4 years instead of just running their fucking mouth all day, they would see that he is well on his way to becoming a GREAT QB and is well ahead of the curve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    one other thing, if flacco was actually bad the criticism would be valid and i would say grow thicker skin. But that is not the case. Eli manning was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e his first four years before he played well in the playoffs his 4th year. He deserved the criticism because he sucked. Period.

If anyone took the time to go back and look at qb's in their first 4 years instead of just running their fucking mouth all day, they would see that he is well on his way to becoming a great qb and is well ahead of the curve.

standing o-motherfucking-vation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Eli Manning can be Mr. Pick Machine at times, and does not possess Joe's regular season win percentage. Put that with - besides their 07 playoff run/SB win, Eli hadn't won in the playoffs until this year.

I don't think a single SB tells the entire story.

I think if Flacco went to a larger market, and made the POs every season for 4 years, they'd make him a God. (Everywhere except Philly, NE, & Pitt because you are expected to win the SB every year in those cities).
    Except Eli is a better QB than Joe, IMO. I could care less about playoff wins, more goes into that than just the QB play (see NO and GB last week).

That said, I think there are a lot of similarities between what Eli has gone through and what Joe is going through now. Same with Alex Smith (not that I think he's there yet). Heck, plenty of QBs have been run out of towns where the teams were not that good.

As far as other places and 4 straight playoffs, sure, a lot of places would die for that. But, once you done that 4 straight times, it creates expectations, and now Joe - and the Ravens - are forced to live up to those expectations. Again, fair or not, it is what it is.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Except Eli is a better QB than Joe, IMO. I could care less about playoff wins, more goes into that than just the QB play (see NO and GB last week).

That said, I think there are a lot of similarities between what Eli has gone through and what Joe is going through now. Same with Alex Smith (not that I think he's there yet). Heck, plenty of QBs have been run out of towns where the teams were not that good.

As far as other places and 4 straight playoffs, sure, a lot of places would die for that. But, once you done that 4 straight times, it creates expectations, and now Joe - and the Ravens - are forced to live up to those expectations. Again, fair or not, it is what it is.

Eli is a better quarterback NOW (even though that's HIGHLY debatable) but in his first 4 years, he SUCKED. Hell, he hadn't won his first playoff game UNTIL his 4th year - in the less competitive NFC no less.

I kind of understand where you're getting at when you say "when you go to the playoffs four straight years it creates expectations" - yes, those expectations should be MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

People act like before Flacco got here we were a contender year in out, had already been through a franchise quarterback, and won 3 superbowls. None of which is true.

Blog Entries

Maybe Ray and Ed want to light a bit of a fire under his ass for this weekends game, who knows. If he can play well in NE and get some TDs, that's all you can ask. He won't be facing a swarming defense and the run game should support him. Just do it Joe!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Shocker.

A media themed thread that turned into a discussion about Joes play.

Such a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Eli is a better quarterback NOW (even though that's HIGHLY debatable) but in his first 4 years, he SUCKED. Hell, he hadn't won his first playoff game UNTIL his 4th year - in the less competitive NFC no less.

I kind of understand where you're getting at when you say "when you go to the playoffs four straight years it creates expectations" - yes, those expectations should be MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

People act like before Flacco got here we were a contender year in out, had already been through a franchise quarterback, and won 3 superbowls. None of which is true.
    This.

People don't understand the NY media. It's the biggest homer media in America. . . . until you royally screw up. Then they lynch you. At this point in Joe's career he'd be a media darling in NY. Now if he went out Sun and threw 3 picks and lost they'd crucify him and run him out of town. But if he played mediocre and won they'd call him one of the best in the league. They always overrate their own.