Do the Ravens practice outside in the Winter?

I read last week that the Ravens were practicing in the cozy comfort of their practice bubble last week on Wednesday or Thursday, and I was extremely surprised. I would have figured that they were preparing to play out in the cold for the game Sunday- especially since the Texans would have had no such option for a team that always plays/practices in a warm climate. Don't you think it would be a decent advantage to have our receivers and quarterback out throwing and catching the harder balls? I wouldn't doubt that this is what led to all of the drops the receivers had last week-

This week we are playing up NE where it's not going to be higher than the 20's- and I really hope that they get their asses outside to get used to catching passes out in the cold elements.

does anyone have any inside information on this- and how often they actually go outside when it's in the 30's or lower?

Blog Entries

Re: Do the Ravens practice outside in the Winter?

Don't worry. The Patriots aren't practicing outside either. Every team uses some sort of indoor facility or they are in the warm weather.

I

I would expect them to practice inside the majority of the time, I'm just wondering if they *ever* prepare for cold weather games outside in the cold- I would hope so, but I'm starting to wonder. Did the new collective bargaining agreement also rule-out outdoor practices? Then again, it doesn't seem to help Cinci since they don't even have indoor facilities.

Otherwise we really don't gain any advantage if we're treating our players so softly. Obviously we build our team to play in this weather- but you would think the experience would help, even if it's just the receivers and DB's (we also left several interceptions out on the field.)

and actually i thought i recall seeing in that Belichik thing on NFL network where he made his guys go out an practice in the cold- which is another reason why i'm wondering if it will hurt us this week. I happened to be at the 2009 playoff game in NE, and it was about 18 degrees that day- fortunately for us, we didn't even *have* to throw the ball with Ray running all over their Defense- and it also didn't seem to help Brady that day either- hopefully we are prepared for it.

Patriots spend many of their practices, particularly the padded practices, outside on the practice field or inside the stadium.

They're outside today:

AFC Championship week practice peek:

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff January 18, 2012 01:32 PM

The Patriots are currently on the field for their first practice of the week as they prepare for Sunday's AFC title game against Baltimore.

Colleague Michael Whitmer says all but one player was present during the media access window, with Tom Brady as the lone absentee.

Brady did chat with reporters this morning, so it is likely a scheduled day of rest for the quarterback, as he's gotten in recent weeks.

Patriots players are in shells and sweats on the lower practice field; it is cold and windy on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Don't worry. The Patriots aren't practicing outside either. Every team uses some sort of indoor facility or they are in the warm weather.

I