Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

Brady on NFL Netw. right now.

Showed his stat line vs Ravens:

6 TD, 6 INT.

71.4 QB rating, lowest vs. any team in NFL.

Blog Entries

From rotoworld:

"Since 2009, four of Tom Brady's 15 interceptions on throws at least 15 yards downfield have come against the Ravens.
    That's despite the fact that the Pats have faced the Ravens only three times since 2009
    . Both Brady and Bill Belichick made sure to praise Ravens FS Ed Reed at their Wednesday pressers, and there's little doubt Reed's (ankle) health will play an important role in the AFC Championship. Baltimore is likely to have a hard time pulling the upset if it can't force at least one or two turnovers."

Blog Entries

Stats show Brady is not a Ravens killer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sorry, I meant blitzes. Rex through all sorts of different things at them and then he would stop and not blitz at all trying to throw Brady off. That worked in the playoffs last year but not now.
    I did not see those games, do you recall what type of coverage they played?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sorry, I meant blitzes. Rex through all sorts of different things at them and then he would stop and not blitz at all trying to throw Brady off. That worked in the playoffs last year but not now.
    I think it came done-blitz successfully-but it has to be schemed right so there is a free runner getting to Brady while the man to man plays tight from the line of scrimmage.

If I was playing against the Pats, I would dial this up according to the offensive formation they are in (5 wides) for example, maybe 3 times a game. It has to be unexpected. Like a cb blitzing while covering the slot guy. (The slot guy has to be picked up of course) Or a free safety blitz.

If the free runner gets picked up though, the defense gets exposed.

I don't think the way to go is to rush 4 guys all day and flood the secondary. Maybe 70-80 percent of the time though. We have to really mix things up and keep Brady guessing. And put him on his ass a few times or at least move him off his spot.

Dan Connolly at center is a question mark. Mankins & Waters at guard? not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    McPhee man.. this game has his name written all over it. He's going to play a lot. I'm not sure the Pats interior line is good enough to keep up.

Did you also notice that in the 1st qtr, Brady had the ball out of his hands in less than 2 seconds, sometimes even less, early on/ That was to frustrate (& exhaust) the edge rush of Doom & Miller. Once that happened, he could stand in the pocket for a 10 count no problem.

I expect they'll do much the same in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm watching clips from the Pats game against Denver and he could've done his taxes in the pocket. They never laid a finger on him

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Stats show Brady is not a Ravens killer.
    Wins

Why? Brady is comfortable moving around in the pocket. Does it all the time. If the pressure is from the outside with little to no push up the middle, he'll do it every play.

Now if you mean collapse the pocket around him, then you could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If the Ravens can make Brady have to move around in the pocket, they will win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wins
    Boller

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    McPhee man.. this game has his name written all over it. He's going to play a lot. I'm not sure the Pats interior line is good enough to keep up.
    Really? You mean Mankins and Waters? Two Perennial Pro-Bowlers??? Are you joking?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    Did you also notice that in the 1st qtr, Brady had the ball out of his hands in less than 2 seconds, sometimes even less, early on/ That was to frustrate (& exhaust) the edge rush of Doom & Miller. Once that happened, he could stand in the pocket for a 10 count no problem.

I expect they'll do much the same in this game.
    The thing that stuck out to me was the poor play of Denver's young safties. They were really exposed.

Ravens will likely play it the same as 2 years ago - 4 man rush with man and zone mixed in behind. The difference in this game is they have Welker back and also Gronk is going to be a difficult matchup. They must pressure Brady with a 4 man rush like last time and get some INTs or strip the ball IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!