Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pressuring Tom Brady

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-you%E2%80%99/

I think the best way to beat the pats will be to get pressure. in particular, pressure up the middle and without blitzing. When Brady gets pressured out of the pocket or forced to throw with a defender coming right at him, he makes mistakes like any other QB will. Hes one of the best in the league in the pocket and reading defenses. Our Defense seems to mostly get pressure from the outside however, but i do think we are capable. Im hoping for a big game from the likes of Ngata Cody Redding and McPhee. we get that type of middle of the line pressure and i think well see success overall as a defense. Do you think we can get pressure with our front four against the Pats?
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-18-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

Redding is going to have a big day. He's going to get 1 on 1 the whole game and make some plays. They can put JJ right behind him to contain the run. That's going to free Redding up for the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Redding is going to have a big day. He's going to get 1 on 1 the whole game and make some plays. They can put JJ right behind him to contain the run. That's going to free Redding up for the unexpected.
    I like the way you are thinking.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

4. Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

We have to come right after him. Pressure on the outside is great if there aren't too many holes in the line for him to step up and make throws. If we collapse the pocket on him up the middle, he won't be able to step up and make the throws he normally makes. They are going to try and spread us out which is going to mean we have to get pressure without the blitz. We need Ngata and Redding to step up and make sure he won't be able to step around the pressure from Suggs.

Suggs will step up this game, no question. I remember the last time we played in the AFC Championship game against Pitt. Suggs basically played with 1 arm and I believe he had 3 sacks.

It will be very interesting to see how Pagano attacks this offense. They can be shut down.

Agreed 100%. I expect we'll see a steady diet of Kruger/McPhee, too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

They're going to bring the LBs too; remember the game Ray had last time. But I agree, Redding could be key and when they insert McPhee and Kruger. Ngata could show up big also.

It'll be very intereting to see how they scheme on D but I expect few blitzes and more zone in the back

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This is the game where we really find out who the defensive player of the year is on this team. For example, if Ngata has the type of game that he is capable of having, that alone could throw off the rhythm of New England's offense, before we get to any other aspect of the defense. Brady won't be able to step into most of his throws.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

i dont think we can shut them down, but i believe we can stop them from scoring more than 24 points

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They're going to bring the LBs too; remember the game Ray had last time. But I agree, Redding could be key and when they insert McPhee and Kruger. Ngata could show up big also.

It'll be very intereting to see how they scheme on D but I expect few blitzes and more zone in the back
    If the bring the LB's, that opens them up to a lot of underneath stuff to their TE's.

And I hear they are pretty good.

Would love to see a variety of stunts designed to get pressure up the gut in Brady's face. He hasn't had to move off his spot in the pocket at all in the last few games. Not to mention I feel like he uses the TEs most in the middle of the field.

Kruger gets a sack, you read here first. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If the bring the LB's, that opens them up to a lot of underneath stuff to their TE's.

And I hear they are pretty good.
    Not if the QB is on his ass.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!