Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Redding is going to have a big day. He's going to get 1 on 1 the whole game and make some plays. They can put JJ right behind him to contain the run. That's going to free Redding up for the unexpected.
    McPhee man.. this game has his name written all over it. He's going to play a lot. I'm not sure the Pats interior line is good enough to keep up.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

I have said this before as have many of you. If the Ravens don't get consistent pressure with 4 rushers we're going to have problems. The LBs need to be free to bottle up Goodhead and Green-Ellis and also drop into coverage when needed (and it will be needed). Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker feast on the middle of the field. If a blitz is dialed up they better get there and quick or it could be a long day with our offense playing uphill.

Blog Entries
    I'm watching clips from the Pats game against Denver and he could've done his taxes in the pocket. They never laid a finger on him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I see the Ravens playing a nickle formation throughout the game. Its the only way to counteract Brady's hurry-up offense and keep the right package on the field without the benefit of substitutions. I would guess there will be some blitzes but very few and they will need to be very well disguised. Pressure is going to have to come mostly from the middle. Ngata and Redding will need to have career games against an great O-Line. This is going to be a tough assignment. The Ravens have to find a way to force the Patriots to win running the ball or else they will never keep up.

I also think Flacco and the offense need to put up 10 points in the first qtr. If so we probably will have a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm watching clips from the Pats game against Denver and he could've done his taxes in the pocket. They never laid a finger on him
    The Pats offensive line consistently keeps Brady off his back and this year has been no exception (32 sacks all season). Ngata will have to (overcome injury to?) play lights out, plus there will need to be at least one surprise performance from the defensive line rotation. Suggs will be big time, but I don't think bringing 5+ is the answer Sunday. Our front 4 is going to have to play by far their best game of the season to keep Brady off rhythm and keep this in reach if the offense doesn't come out playing with its hair on fire. And when exactly was the last time they did that on a big stage?
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If the bring the LB's, that opens them up to a lot of underneath stuff to their TE's.

And I hear they are pretty good.
    Exactly my point. I think if we attempt to blitz our LBs were going to get burnt badly. Not saying we cant do it a few times but the more we do it the more likely we pay for it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can make Brady have to move around in the pocket, they will win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Exactly my point. I think if we attempt to blitz our LBs were going to get burnt badly. Not saying we cant do it a few times but the more we do it the more likely we pay for it.
    It really depends All depends on their formations. If they go 3 wide or less I say you blitz, 4 or 5 wide, I say show 4 and drop a man off the line to cover the quick slant or to jam a TE, depending on where he is lined up.

I really think the Patriots are going to do a lot of different formations and mix personnel to try to keep the Ravens off balance.

The main thing (to me) is keeping the LB's and safeties in the center of the field and the CB's play press/man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    When we do it we will need to play man to man from the line of scrimmage or from 5 yards out. Then it will be a race between the LB getting to Brady, vs a receiver coming open.

It can be done, if schemed up well. Look at some of the past games where the Jets have been successful doing that.

You're right though. We can't go to it all day. It has to be in the right circumstances.

Blog Entries

The Jets tried the same thing this year and it didn't work. One thing about Belechick is that he isn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Jets tried the same thing this year and it didn't work. One thing about Belechick is that he isn't going to make the same mistake twice.
    What do you mean same thing? Blitz or man?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What do you mean same thing? Blitz or man?
    Sorry, I meant blitzes. Rex through all sorts of different things at them and then he would stop and not blitz at all trying to throw Brady off. That worked in the playoffs last year but not now.