Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady



    Did you also notice that in the 1st qtr, Brady had the ball out of his hands in less than 2 seconds, sometimes even less, early on/ That was to frustrate (& exhaust) the edge rush of Doom & Miller. Once that happened, he could stand in the pocket for a 10 count no problem.

    I expect they'll do much the same in this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm watching clips from the Pats game against Denver and he could've done his taxes in the pocket. They never laid a finger on him




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Stats show Brady is not a Ravens killer.
    Wins
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #33

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Why? Brady is comfortable moving around in the pocket. Does it all the time. If the pressure is from the outside with little to no push up the middle, he'll do it every play.

    Now if you mean collapse the pocket around him, then you could be right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If the Ravens can make Brady have to move around in the pocket, they will win.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wins
    Boller




  5. #35

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    McPhee man.. this game has his name written all over it. He's going to play a lot. I'm not sure the Pats interior line is good enough to keep up.
    Really? You mean Mankins and Waters? Two Perennial Pro-Bowlers??? Are you joking?




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    Did you also notice that in the 1st qtr, Brady had the ball out of his hands in less than 2 seconds, sometimes even less, early on/ That was to frustrate (& exhaust) the edge rush of Doom & Miller. Once that happened, he could stand in the pocket for a 10 count no problem.

    I expect they'll do much the same in this game.
    The thing that stuck out to me was the poor play of Denver's young safties. They were really exposed.

    Ravens will likely play it the same as 2 years ago - 4 man rush with man and zone mixed in behind. The difference in this game is they have Welker back and also Gronk is going to be a difficult matchup. They must pressure Brady with a 4 man rush like last time and get some INTs or strip the ball IMO.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #37

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The thing that stuck out to me was the poor play of Denver's young safties. They were really exposed.

    Ravens will likely play it the same as 2 years ago - 4 man rush with man and zone mixed in behind. The difference in this game is they have Welker back and also Gronk is going to be a difficult matchup. They must pressure Brady with a 4 man rush like last time and get some INTs or strip the ball IMO.
    You may also want to consider that the Patriot O-line is much differen't than 09, it's easily top five in the NFL.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Also interesting - in 2004 and 2007, when Brady beat the Boller-led Ravens, Suggs did not play in either game.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta01 View Post
    You may also want to consider that the Patriot O-line is much differen't than 09, it's easily top five in the NFL.
    NYLife Proteciton Index is one of the best OLine rating systems out there - they were rated #2 in 2009 and #7 right now

    http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/prot...rall&year=2009
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #40

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta01 View Post
    You may also want to consider that the Patriot O-line is much differen't than 09, it's easily top five in the NFL.
    actually it's not.

    -They ranked 26th in yards per run (4.0).
    -They ranked 10th in Qb sacks given up (32)
    -They ranked 11th in Qb hits given up (71)

    Not top 5 by any stretch... nice try again. Stats are a bitch ain't they?




  11. #41

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The thing that stuck out to me was the poor play of Denver's young safties. They were really exposed.

    Ravens will likely play it the same as 2 years ago - 4 man rush with man and zone mixed in behind. The difference in this game is they have Welker back and also Gronk is going to be a difficult matchup. They must pressure Brady with a 4 man rush like last time and get some INTs or strip the ball IMO.
    I think they will definitely mix in quite a bit of man... except of 3rd down when they bring nickel & dime packages in.




  12. #42

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    I'm not one of the Ravens fans who blame the officials for all our shortcomings, but I am somewhat worried about how the game will be called from the standpoint of us being able to hit Tom Brady without being unjustly penalized. So hopefully whatever kind of pressure or hits we can get on him will not go flagged.




  13. #43

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Now go back and compare the # of Bray's attempts vs % of hits, sacks.

    To compare,

    Pats 612 att / sacked 32

    Bal 544 att / sacked 33

    Given they lost their starting RT, C for most of the year, and the LT & LG missed time? Pretty good.



    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    actually it's not.

    -They ranked 26th in yards per run (4.0).
    -They ranked 10th in Qb sacks given up (32)
    -They ranked 11th in Qb hits given up (71)

    Not top 5 by any stretch... nice try again. Stats are a bitch ain't they?




  14. #44

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    Now go back and compare the # of Bray's attempts vs % of hits, sacks.

    To compare,

    Pats 612 att / sacked 32

    Bal 544 att / sacked 33

    Given they lost their starting RT, C for most of the year, and the LT & LG missed time? Pretty good.
    Air Coryell buddy, long routes take time to develop. Throwing underneath to TEs and Welker doesnt. not saying youre wrong but its not an apples to apples comparison.
    -JAB




  15. #45

    Re: Pressuring Tom Brady

    Keep the pressure on Brady and he becomes just another harried QB prone to mistakes.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland