Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Wow even the NFL media can't get it right.

I wonder if they will even care enough to correct it?

Blog Entries

they will probably say "new" doesn't necessarily mean "first".

but Eli has also "only" been to one conf. championship game before this. Is he "new" too?

Holy shit...I am reading some of the NFL expert analysis on that article and I can't believe some it...be right back with some unbelievable quotes...

If Alex Smith can take down Drew Brees, I'm confident he can do the same to Eli Manning. What's funny: Everybody is debating the Hall of Fame credentials of Manning -- nobody seems to be giving much consideration to what Smith accomplished on Sunday. In fact, he was much more impressive than Manning.
    So, if Flacco can "take down" Brady in one game, can we start debating his HOF credentials. Incredible.

Joe Flacco is in a tough spot, but it's because of the Ravens' defense. Teams who can throw the football really well can give Baltimore problems. As we've seen the last couple of years, if you can make plays past the front seven, you can put up big numbers against the Ravens. Their secondary isn't nearly what it used to be, and Ed Reed is banged up. (And alarmingly, Arian Foster ripped Baltimore, while T.J. Yates moved the football before throwing ill-timed interceptions. Tom Brady ain't gonna do that.) The Patriots will be able to score because they can throw the football downfield with great success. They'll also play enough "situational defense" to contain Baltimore. Flacco may be the only one involved in a duel, but he'll lose.
    I sure would like to get Ozzie's take on whether getting rid of Fabian, Frank Sanders and moving Carr to the slot and replacing them with Williams, Webb and Jimmy Smith is a downgrade.

Blog Entries

Tuning out the NFLN, ESPN in 3,2,1....

Blog Entries

All they care about is what happened last game. They extrapolate that as if it is the entire story of the season.

Alex Smith has been a "game manager" all year long (and an overall poor QB every year except this year). Yet now he is something special because of 1 game? 7 or 8 years into his career? Now he is "the man"?

It's ridiculous.

Wow, that's pretty disgraceful. That article was nothing but haterade for Flacco and the Ravens anyway ...

Blog Entries

Prior to this season and even at times this season Alex Smith was looked at by most people as one of the biggest draft busts of all time.

Keep in mind, this was the #1 overall pick over guys like DeMarcus Ware, Roddy White, and Aaron Rodgers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Front page story...

http://www.nfl.com/

"Joe Flacco and Alex Smith are new to conference title games. Which can out-gun his seasoned opponent?"

Really....?
    Holy shit. I had to click on the link and see it for myself to actually believe it. Stunning.

Just lazy. Since last week I have been on a self imposed sports media blackout. I suggest many on this board do the same.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

And if you click to read the actual story, the headline becomes:

Better shot at making first Super Bowl: Smith or Flacco?
    Why not just put that on the fucking front page, instead of the "new to conference championships" lie?

"Joe Flacco and Alex Smith have never been to a Super Bowl. Which can out-gun his seasoned opponent to get there?"

Telling the truth is hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Just lazy. Since last week I have been on a self imposed sports media blackout. I suggest many on this board do the same.
    :word :word

:word :word