Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: This season just needs to end

I haven't read the Reed-Flacco thread downward-spiral-to-nowhere, but I think we know Joe well enough at this point that this isn't the sort of thing that bothers him. He might not win on Sunday, but it won't be because Ed Reed hurt his feelings (even though he didn't).

Re: This season just needs to end

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    How do u think reed would like it if a teammate aid he was timid and scared to make tackles... Ala Bernard Scott...reed made assumptions at joe was rattled... Not very cool. And he finger pointed... Also not cool.
    Really?
    And from those 14 minutes, the world is focused on three words: Reed, Flacco and rattled.

In a majority of the articles I’ve read, for whatever reason, writers excluded Reed’s powerful statements about his confidence in Flacco’s ability to match the production of New England’s offense.

When asked if Flacco and the offense can keep pace with Brady, Reed didn’t blink.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” he said. “Without a doubt.”

“I think Flacco can have a breakout game, especially after last week. I know he’s p.o.‘ed about what happened and his performance. He could feel a little rust coming off of a bye week and not going full speed as much. So I know he is definitely coming back to show himself off.”

But instead of focusing on that, headlines around the web are focusing on Reed’s analysis of the Ravens’ offensive production against the stout Texans’ defense.

It’s analysis that Reed admits is “hearsay” and “you never know what somebody else is seeing.”
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

3. Re: This season just needs to end

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe the Ravens O-line and defense will push around the Patriots.

One of the reasons Houston's O-line & Def looked so good last week (besides being talented) is cause they came in here and were told by everyone they had no chance of winning. You could see the fire in that teams belly when it came to the battle in the trenches.

Take a look and listen to everyone (outside most folks in Baltimore) and you'll hear the same thing being said about the Ravens this week. The disrespecrt is at an extremely high level.... I just hope John Harbaugh is feeding off of it and using it to get his guys ready.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If you listen/read the interview with Ed Reed it's not nearly as bad nor as big of a deal as the media is portraying it to be.

Educate yourself.

It doesn't matter what any of the media pundits say. All that matters is what goes on in the locker room. I doubt Harbaugh is going to let an article/interview that was clearly taken out of context ruin what the Ravens have going for them right now.
    Just heard it on WBAL. The media is such a joke there days!

Quote Originally Posted by KLynch View Post
    The media is such a joke there days!
    Made the mistake of watching "Touchdown, Baltimore!" last night. Never doing that again.

this season needs to end? this is the most pathetic thread i have ever seen on any board. you sir, should be ashamed. i dont care what was going on with the team, i would never want the season to end

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    This is just a mess. Ravens players calling out Ravens players. And Ravens fans calling out Ravens fans. I'm sure this is not going on up in NE.

We are making Eagle fans look calm at this point. It's getting out of hand. What is wrong with everyone? We used to be so excited about getting this deep in the playoffs. Now all we do is complain, yell, complain, and want to fire players and coaches. Unreal. We should be ashamed of ourselves - especially if you are an Orioles fan too.
    You're welcome to jump off the Ravens' SuperBowl Express anytime you want. No one is stopping you. I'm staying on for the whole ride!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    You're welcome to jump off the Ravens' SuperBowl Express anytime you want. No one is stopping you. I'm staying on for the whole ride!
    I was talking about the fans and media. The fans in this city are going to drive Flacco out of town (see - Eddie Murry) if this keeps up.

Also, Jim Rome just KILLED Flacco on his show as the top story, saying he needs to grow up and stop letting Ray Rice, Reed, and Lewis winning all the games for him.

Don't forget the point of a forum is for fans to express opinions, ideas and any other general thoughts. The board would be quite boring if I agreed with everyone.

To me the trolls are the people that post stuff that they don't even believe themselves just to get a rise out of people. Don't confuse a true troll with someone that merely has an opinion you totally disagree with. To often I see someone get called a troll for expressing an unpopular opinion, then the complaints on how nice the board used to be seem to follow.

Use your best judgement on who is expressing a real opinion and who is here to just get a rise.

This is just a mess. Ravens players calling out Ravens players. And Ravens fans calling out Ravens fans. I'm sure this is not going on up in NE.

We are making Eagle fans look calm at this point. It's getting out of hand. What is wrong with everyone? We used to be so excited about getting this deep in the playoffs. Now all we do is complain, yell, complain, and want to fire players and coaches. Unreal. We should be ashamed of ourselves - especially if you are an Orioles fan too.
    I agree with others that perhaps you should ignore the knee jerk reactions of people on sports talk radio as well as the knee jerk reactions of some posters on this board.

That is the only explanation i can think of for the obvious knee jerk reaction of starting a thread titled "This season just needs to end." Especially right before our team plays in the AFCCG lol. ;)

I am enjoying the hell out of this season. At the beginning of the year i thought the Ravens would make the playoffs but i was doubtful they'd win the division, and doubtful they'd go as far as the AFCCG. I never dreamed they'd sweep the division, go undefeated at home, and beat every team with a winning record they faced!!!

I'm having fun! I ain't worryin' about who said what when. For those of you who are upset, or who forgot to celebrate your ass off gouing down thew stadium ramps the other day, or who don't marvel at where Our Team is at right now, i'm just sorry you're missing out on a good time! :)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I was talking about the fans and media. The fans in this city are going to drive Flacco out of town (see - Eddie Murry) if this keeps up.
    What drove Eddie Murray out of town was a petulant media (one radio host in particular) and a short-sighted, dying owner.

12. Re: This season just needs to end

Also, Jim Rome just KILLED Flacco on his show as the top story, saying he needs to grow up and stop letting Ray Rice, Reed, and Lewis winning all the games for him.
    1) Jim Rome still has a show?

2) Someone actually watched it?

What is his show on the Versus Network?