Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This season just needs to end

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    If you can filter out the occasional extreme posters on this board (on both ends), you can actually get some very level-headed, informed and reasoned analysis on this site.
    This is how I see it too; get past the bi-polar crowd and it's a great board. Easy enough to ignore what you think is useless

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Cracks me up when people say it is 100X worse because of SunSpot exodus. Sorry, I didn't know this was a private sandbox that so many original posters must be paying for out of their own pocket. Fact is, I could have joined in 2006, but I was already friends with GOTA, WickedSolo, and others it just seemed pointless to post on more than one board about the Ravens. When that site went belly up and we all moved here, the timing was right.

This is the only site to go to for the Ravens.

Fact is when the team is on the verge of a Super Bowl, all fans come out of the wood work. Like there were never trolls on here till 2011? You guys need to thicken your skin up, use ignore, or come back with real arguments outside of crying about 2011 Sunspot Influx.

As for the OP, you obviously did little research or have zero insight into the team. I listened to Ed Reed live, and he said Joe and the whole team need to play better. Letting the media take a hatchet job to the the players and you believing it is what is pathetic. Suggs just came out and defended Flacco. That team is united.

As for its fan base, look at it like this; even when there are 71,000 fans at the stadium there are always going to be a few tools. Like family members, I'd be amazed if everyone registered at this site gets along great and agrees 100% with every member of their family and extended family.

Logic and truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Wicked, that doesn't make me feel better. This used to be a 90% civil, and much more cerebral board. I miss it.

I just ignored my first person in 5 years on this site.
    I understand and I've definitely noticed a difference since back in the summer when guys like me, CaptainSilver, Excel, GOTA, Ravor, and Shas all came over.

I can deal with trolls. What I dislike and find obnoxious are the guys who claim to be fans, but want to see the Ravens lose and dislike pretty much every player on the squad. However, those guys are pretty easy to weed out and if you feel the need to put them on ignore then I guess that's what is necessary. Honestly, I just don't even really pay attention to those guys' threads because they are all full of a whole lot of stupid.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Cracks me up when people say it is 100X worse because of SunSpot exodus. Sorry, I didn't know this was a private sandbox that so many original posters must be paying for out of their own pocket. Fact is, I could have joined in 2006, but I was already friends with GOTA, WickedSolo, and others it just seemed pointless to post on more than one board about the Ravens. When that site went belly up and we all moved here, the timing was right.

Fact is when the team is on the verge of a Super Bowl, all fans come out of the wood work. Like there were never trolls on here till 2011? You guys need to thicken your skin up, use ignore, or come back with real arguments outside of crying about 2011 Sunspot Influx.

As for the OP, you obviously did little research or have zero insight into the team. I listened to Ed Reed live, and he said Joe and the whole team need to play better. Letting the media take a hatchet job to the the players and you believing it is what is pathetic. Suggs just came out and defended Flacco. That team is united.

As for its fan base, look at it like this; even when there are 71,000 fans at the stadium there are always going to be a few tools. Like family members, I'd be amazed if everyone registered at this site gets along great and agrees 100% with every member of their family and extended family.

Logic and truth.
    Agreed. I was a lurker over here for a few years. I posted every now and then, but like you I wasn't interested in posting on more than 1 forum.

I also agree that this is really the only Ravens forum available. I think there may be one more site out there, but I've lurked on it a few times and literally there are hardly any posters.

We all share the same interest n I know at times I can be hard on Flacco but I just want hiim to play like he been in the playoffs each year as a Raven
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

There was two distinct exoduses from Sunspot - there was the initial one that occurred this summer I think, when a number of longtime posters just got fed up with how that board had become. Then a second one occurred when Sunspot started charging to view it's pages, and a bunch of posters got wind of this forum.

The second exodus seemed to include a ton of people that the first exodus was looking to get away from. Mostly the "bi-polar" as it was put, type posters, and some that are outright trollish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    This is just a mess. Ravens players calling out Ravens players. And Ravens fans calling out Ravens fans. I'm sure this is not going on up in NE.

We are making Eagle fans look calm at this point. It's getting out of hand. What is wrong with everyone? We used to be so excited about getting this deep in the playoffs. Now all we do is complain, yell, complain, and want to fire players and coaches. Unreal. We should be ashamed of ourselves - especially if you are an Orioles fan too.
    If the Ravens get knocked out for a 4th straight year you'll hear more complaining not less.

The season needs to end with a Ravens Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    maybe you have a point, but people are complaining on here too. on top of that you now have our Hall of Fame Safety calling out the QB and it's blowing up on ESPN and national headlines.
    It is what it is. People on message boards voice their opinions, approvals, and disapproval's, players talk out of context, and there are sometimes things fans don't want to hear. It's up to you to either listen or ignore. If players are criticizing other players, albeit how minute, it's most likely because they know there is more potential and improvement to be had.
    As far as packing in the season, forget it. If you're tired of hearing fans voice their opinions, and the national radio/TV giving the Ravens criticism, then perhaps you should stop paying attention and tuning into the Ravens, and that goes for watching the AFCC game as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    There was two distinct exoduses from Sunspot - there was the initial one that occurred this summer I think, when a number of longtime posters just got fed up with how that board had become. Then a second one occurred when Sunspot started charging to view it's pages, and a bunch of posters got wind of this forum.

The second exodus seemed to include a ton of people that the first exodus was looking to get away from. Mostly the "bi-polar" as it was put, type posters, and some that are outright trollish.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Logic and truth.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post

I think I'm part of the 2nd exodus in terms of time frame, but only because I am a procrastinator and didn't try to go elsewhere until the whole pay thing. If you need a reference, I was invited here by B-Ravor via a private message.

As for the hysteria about what some player or media-type "said", I always like to look it up for myself before pissing myself and foaming at the mouth. Usually there is a deeper and more accurate story than the one that's out there.

As for the original post on this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it has gotten 100x worse since the great SunSpot defection a few months back.

As for Reed, he shouldn't have given the interview knowing the media will take any chance to turn it on Flacco, but if you read the whole interview, he wasn't bashing Flacco at all.
    How do u think reed would like it if a teammate aid he was timid and scared to make tackles... Ala Bernard Scott...reed made assumptions at joe was rattled... Not very cool. And he finger pointed... Also not cool.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"