Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco Could Set A Record Sunday

Flacco would also be the first QB to win 50 games in his first 4 seasons. A record I expect to last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It is to me.

Thanks for posting that, alien bird. Sometimes I wish we had the rep system back, but that's long gone.

Anyway. If I were to draw up an ideal quarterback, he wouldn't be that much different from Joe Flacco: He says great things about his teammates, he talks respectfully about other teams and people, he is a *winner*, and when my kid & I bumped into him, he could not have been nicer to my kid or more respectful to me.

We are seriously, seriously lucky. We could be in Pittsburgh, rooting for a self centered neanderthal, or Boston, rooting for a lady's man coached by a cheating turd, and telling ourselves "Well, at least they win. Other fans must be jealous." Not me. Not this fan of the Baltimore Ravens.

Thank God we have Joe. It doesn't really matter whether or not we win Sunday. We have a great team with outstanding players and quarterback, and head coach. We're very lucky. Go Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Yes, but it will matter a great deal to you and i and the rest of Baltimore Fandom and that is all that REALLY matters. ;)
    Very true.

It matters to me. I don't see the "elites" names on that list, Rogers, Brees, P Manning or Brady. Or, some of the others that get big accolades from the media like, Rivers and Roethlisberger. It's a great accomplishment and I think there's more to come. Go Ravens!

Blog Entries

Being tied with Mark Sanchez doesn't say much about that record.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    The national media bashing of Flacco is out of control this week. Strange to say, but I'm almost more excited by the prospect of them having to eat their words than the Ravens going to the Super Bowl.
    I'm with you. I'm usualy pretty casual about the media, but they are just killing him this week. If it's about his comment, then they are biggest group of women with no sense of humor ever!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The other names are pretty impressive. Being on the Ring of Honor is pretty cool, even if Ernest Byner is up there too. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I don't give a shit...just win two more games Joe!!

WWLD?, love it, Festivus!

Well some of the 'elites' just get too many home playoff games. A quick perusal of playoff results shows Brady is 3-2 in 5 road playoff games. He has played 11 home playoff games. Theoretically you want 0 road playoff wins each year, lol, and 2 home playoff wins.

The record would still be very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    +1

12. With the four-division format since 2002, it's relatively simple to rack up wild-card weekend road wins. Usually the 4 seed is pretty bad, sometimes the 3 is too. This year was pretty unusual in that regard (Well, Denver was still bad... haha). Sanchez's two divisional-round road wins are more impressive, he's 2-0 in those while Flacco is 1-2. Now we'll see if Flacco can move up to 1-1 in road AFCCs to better Sanchez's 0-2.