Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left (Merged Threads)

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-playoff-qbs/

1st 4 Years in the NFL

Games
    Starts
    Completion %
    Yards Per Game
    Touchdowns
    Interceptions
    QB Rating

Joe Flacco 64
    61%

Tom Brady 48
    62%

Alex Smith 30
    54%

Eli Manning 57
    55%

This is quite surprising and maybe we're asking to much of Joe..any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left - very surprising

The problem that most fans have - especially the superficial ones - is that Flacco shows flashes of brilliance and then hunkers down into mediocrity here and there. It makes you wonder if the kid can get it done or not.

IMO I think the guy has the ability to be a top QB in the league. I don't know that he'll go down as one of the greats, but he's good enough to carry a team when they need him and he's good enough to win a SB with. At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters? In a graduating class of Doctors do you know what the guy who finishes last in his class is called? Doctor.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left - very surprising

good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The problem that most fans have - especially the superficial ones - is that Flacco shows flashes of brilliance and then hunkers down into mediocrity here and there. It makes you wonder if the kid can get it done or not.

IMO I think the guy has the ability to be a top QB in the league. I don't know that he'll go down as one of the greats, but he's good enough to carry a team when they need him and he's good enough to win a SB with. At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters? In a graduating class of Doctors do you know what the guy who finishes last in his class is called? Doctor.
    But is he an elite Doctor? ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    But is he an elite Doctor? ;)
    Sure, why not?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Can't wait to see Flacco with a different OC. The same old-same old, isn't improvement. Tom Brady had a new OC after his 4th year. He really upped his passing yards while maintaining a great completion percentage after that happened. Flacco needs the same experience. He's gone as far as he can with Cam. It's time to take the next step and get someone new in.

I don't know that he's elite until we see him running the 2 minute offense making the calls himself in a big game. The Steelers game will go down as one of my favs.

Sure, why not?
    That was just to let you know.

Blog Entries

Not true. I for one could accept that from Joe. My problem with Joe is he goes from one side of the spectrum to the other. One game he looks like an absolute stud QB. The next game he's freaking Mark Sanchez.

If Flacco was just the ho-hum mediocre QB, with flashes of brilliance I'd be pumped. Atleast we'd avoid the Jacksonville like performances from him. That's all I want from him or don't want from him. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady, he just can't be Flacco @ Jacksonville anymore. If he can do that I'll love him always.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Can't wait to see Flacco with a different OC. The same old-same old, isn't improvement. Tom Brady had a new OC after his 4th year. He really upped his passing yards while maintaining a great completion percentage after that happened. Flacco needs the same experience. He's gone as far as he can with Cam. It's time to take the next step and get someone new in.
    This! Ditto with Brees exploding with Sean Payton. I can't stand the criticism of Flacco without the acknowledgment of how challenging this offense as currently run would be for anyboday.

I hate being negative but the lack of adjustments to the Texans pass rush was very upsetting. I'd love to be proven wrong by Cameron and Harbaugh this week. We saw the short passing game thrive in the playoff game against Kansas City and Week 1 against Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
    http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-playoff-qbs/

1st 4 Years in the NFL

Games
    Starts
    Completion %
    Yards Per Game
    Touchdowns
    Interceptions
    QB Rating

Joe Flacco 64
    61%

Tom Brady 48
    62%

Alex Smith 30
    54%

Eli Manning 57
    55%

This is quite surprising and maybe we're asking to much of Joe..any thoughts?
    Hope Joe continues to improve over his existing stats. Really doesn;t matter as long as he keeps winning. Being a explosive QB does not guarantee success in the postseason. Just ask those QBs knocked out in this postseason. Having a balanced team is what three of the four teams left have in the post season. Pats will see how they hold up against a top 10 defense, so far their only loses have been against teams with a good defense.

Anyone with a clue realizes that Flacco's first 4 years are up there with ANY elite QB playing right now in the NFL.

Go ahead and pick one if you don't believe me. I have looked at every one.

It is almost comical how the national media and certain fans don't, nor want to realize this.