Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It is almost comical how the national media and certain fans don't, nor want to realize this.
    You're first mistake was assuming most of Flacco's biggest critics do in fact, have a clue.

The lack of objectivity regarding his incredibly impressive career performance to date is baffling. The guy is clearly on the same track as the likes of Brady or Eli but instead of being compared to them when they were 4th year guys he has to be compared to them in years 7-10. It's lazy analysis and all it does it reflect a lack of football knowledge.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369170,-76.761214
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Flacco vs remainig Qbs in the Playoffs

I thought this was an interesting take on Flacco's first 4 years compared to the remaining QBs in the playoffs. From left to right, column headings should be games played, games started, Comp %, yards per game, touchdowns, ints and QB rating. Sorry couldn't get the labels on here to begin with. This was taken right from the ravens website.

FWIW Joe is still a work in progress but I think his future is bright. I strongly believe the best has yet to come up but not without some more ups and downs.

Joe Flacco 64 64 61.0% 215.9 80 46 85.9
    Tom Brady 48 46 62.0% 213.2 69 38 86
    Alex Smith 30 30 54.0% 156 19 31 57.6
    Eli Manning 57 55 55.0% 199.7 77 64 70.6

Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left - very surprising

To that point, Brady had very pedestrian stats until 2007 -- his seventh year as starter when he was 30 years old.

I had never really looked at Eli Manning's career stats. Compare his 4th year to Flacco's 4th year:

Eli Manning '07: 56.1 Comp %, 6.3 Y/A, 23 TD and 20 INT
    Flacco '11: 57.6 Comp. %, 6.7 Y/A, 20 TD and 12 INT

And the Giants won the Super Bowl that year!

Eli Manning was TERRIBLE his first 4 years but turned it around year 5-8. AWFUL.

Oh but he won a Super Bowl on the back of a fierce pass rush and one of the luckiest catches of all time in year 4, so we can ignore everything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    That was just to let you know.
    Haha, I'm aware bud.

I typed that with a chuckle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Can't wait to see Flacco with a different OC. The same old-same old, isn't improvement. Tom Brady had a new OC after his 4th year. He really upped his passing yards while maintaining a great completion percentage after that happened. Flacco needs the same experience. He's gone as far as he can with Cam. It's time to take the next step and get someone new in.
    You have inside info Gota? This damned team likes to move slow and does not make the big changes. I am not confident that Cam will not be here next year. I think it is that the front office organization has convinced itself that our offense is good enough to win with our defense and Cam just may be back next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Not true. I for one could accept that from Joe. My problem with Joe is he goes from one side of the spectrum to the other. One game he looks like an absolute stud QB. The next game he's freaking Mark Sanchez.

If Flacco was just the ho-hum mediocre QB, with flashes of brilliance I'd be pumped. Atleast we'd avoid the Jacksonville like performances from him. That's all I want from him or don't want from him. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady, he just can't be Flacco @ Jacksonville anymore. If he can do that I'll love him always.
    Yea, but for what it's worth I think you can actually count the "Sanchez-esque" outings on one hand. Up until this past season he was a very efficient passer who didn't make a lot of mistakes with the ball because he didn't make a lot of low-percentage throws. Outside of the fumbles, which are almost as equally on an inadequate offensive line, Flacco has been pretty even keeled since he got into the league.

As GOTA mentioned above, he's gone about as far as he can with Cam and his production is stagnating. Get him a new coordinator who knows how to utilize the strengths of the team and watch him throw for 4000+ and 30 TD's.

Re: Flacco vs remainig Qbs in the Playoffs

Compared to the other guys' first four years, Joe has done just fine. I can't understand why some fans are so down on him. He is easily the best QB we have EVER had . . .

One other interesting note while looking at Eli Manning's career numbers. In the NFC Championship game vs. Green Bay in '07 here are his stats:

52.5% Comp %, 6.3 Y/A, 0 TD 0 INT

Compare to Flacco vs. the Texans which the media has decided was dreadful:

51.9 Comp. %, 6.5 Y/A, 2 TD 0 INT

The national perception remains that the Ravens are dominated by the defense and the QB is a "caretaker".

Performances by Flacco in Jacksonville and San Diego this year and his very mediocre numbers in his playoff games on the national stage reinforce the national perception that he is not very good.

Performances like his 92-yard drive in Pittsburgh, or his (should-have been) comebacks in Atlanta in 2010 and Minnesota in 2009, or his very good game at New England last year are overlooked as aberrations.

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    One other interesting note while looking at Eli Manning's career numbers. In the NFC Championship game vs. Green Bay in '07 here are his stats:

52.5% Comp %, 6.3 Y/A, 0 TD 0 INT

Compare to Flacco vs. the Texans which the media has decided was dreadful:

51.9 Comp. %, 6.5 Y/A, 2 TD 0 INT
    Anyone want to take a guess what the defense he played was ranked?

11th.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    You have inside info Gota? This damned team likes to move slow and does not make the big changes. I am not confident that Cam will not be here next year. I think it is that the front office organization has convinced itself that our offense is good enough to win with our defense and Cam just may be back next year.
    It was pretty evident that Bisciotti was NOT happy with the offensive ups and downs last season and the only reason Cam's butt was saved was the lockout because it made more sense to keep the devil you know rather than go with the one you know nothing about. They pinned the offensive woes on Jim Zorn and let him go instead, which to this day I think was the biggest mistake they've made in quite some time. Flacco needs a QB's coach because he and Cam don't really get along all that well.

It was also pretty clear that Bisciotti was really unhappy with the offense this year. He paid a lot of money for the best run blocking FB in the league and up until November Cam didn't really use Leach at all for what he was intended to be used for. If you compare the rushing states from the first couple of weeks to the last couple of weeks it's pretty incredible. That's why guys like Suggs have been saying "feed the beast"...meaning get the ball to Ray Rice as much as possible.

Frankly, I can't wait for the day that Cam decides to take a consulting position somewhere else that allows him more time to spend with his family and they bring in an offensive coordinator that is ready to go and willing to work with the players to develop a game plan that makes sense. That's why the Bengals have been so impressive after bringing in Jay Gruden. I've read on their boards that Jay Gruden actually develops the gameplan mostly based on input from Dalton and a couple of the other guys on offense. Cam doesn't do that.