Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricky Williams and Chris Carr: Role players we need this weekend

We have to pound the ball this weekend with the run. Pats give up 120 yards a game on the ground. They need to get a heavy load of Ricky Williams so he can hit the hole hard and get those tough yards. Look for him to spell ray rice a lil more than usually to keep our backs fresh and to wear and tear the pats defense down.

Chris Carr is needed for his experience. he can play the slot for us and match up against their fast and quick receivers. I think covering those quick underneath routes the pats like to do willl be difficult for Williams and Smith. Carr can be a big help for us this week. This is a a game of match ups. im looking for these vets to step up.

Blog Entries

Re: Ricky Williams and Chris Carr: Role players we need this weekend

Good points, they are both needed for this game. So is Ayanbadejo

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If its the case, Carr should have fresh legs.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

If Carr was inactive again it would be a real head-scratcher.

I don't think we'll see Ricky as much as we did last week but he'll have his carries and perform as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If its the case, Carr should have fresh legs.
    Exactly. we have enough depth in these positions to rotate players in and out. We will need fresh legs.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Exactly. we have enough depth in these positions to rotate players in and out. We will need fresh legs.
    If I was Belicheck I would make sure to try to run early...they know we want to go nickel and dime so we are going to have to tackle first. My key is that Halioti have his A game Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Carr was inactive again it would be a real head-scratcher.
    Accdg to Ravens Insider , Carr was a healthy scratch, presumably in favor of Gorrer? That seems like a ST call (IIRC Gorrer made a ST play).

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman
    We have to pound the ball this weekend with the run. Pats give up 120 yards a game on the ground. They need to get a heavy load of Ricky Williams so he can hit the hole hard and get those tough yards.

Chris Carr is needed for his experience. he can play the slot for us and match up against their fast and quick receivers. I think covering those quick underneath routes the pats like to do willl be difficult for Williams and Smith. Carr can be a big help for us this week.
    Carr will not help much against the big TEs, but can free Webb & Williams to work on TEs and the deep route WRs ( Branch, 'Stinko, Welker) and as you say can play underneath w/ shorter WRs and RBs. Haruki gets some snaps in pass coverage this Sunday, too.

I know Rice has "earned" every down back and has scored this year from within the 5, but is anybody else willing to try a down of 5"10" 230 lbs. Ricky over 5' 8" 212 lbs Ray next time it's 3rd & 4th and goal @ the 8" line?? I know Ricey plays big but we can't not take 7 like that against Brady. Let's run outside the tackle down there w/ Rice maybe, or dust off the Rice option pass from Seattle/

Blog Entries

The last time they played the Patriots in the playoffs Carr had Tom Brady's number the entire game. IIRC he had a pick or two.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    I know Rice has "earned" every down back and has scored this year from within the 5, but is anybody else willing to try a down of 5"10" 230 lbs. Ricky over 5' 8" 212 lbs Ray next time it's 3rd & 4th and goal @ the 8" line?? I know Ricey plays big but we can't not take 7 like that against Brady. Let's run outside the tackle down there w/ Rice maybe, or dust off the Rice option pass from Seattle/
    I agree, but what do i know, I though Rice had the flu? :)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The last time they played the Patriots in the playoffs Carr had Tom Brady's number the entire game. IIRC he had a pick or two.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110017

Carr had an INT, So did Reed and Landry..

Carr is still not 100% and is no where near the HITTER that gorrer is. Carr stays inactive to keep Gorrer.

Wow go and look at the link and check out the WR that Joe had during that game. EEEEK

Are you allowed to cut a tightends feet out from him at the line of scrimmage? If you can why not just take Gronk out that way every play would have to mess up the timing of patterns..... If not we need to def press him and all the receivers at the line of scrimmage.

It's kinda the chicken or the egg thing- Are the ravens worried about the TEs or are the PAtriots worried about Suggs?

Those NE TEs make it difficult to get a rush from the edge. Most DEs gotta hold em up, or get to Brady quicker than he can get it out.

Haloti, Cody and Redding Need to get pressure up the middle...