Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Listening to your local sports station this afternoon

With 2 Major Sports Franchises, one of which blows, and a bunch of colleges that suck at sports, there is a lack of things to talk about... especially when the Ravens win as often as they do.

I'm listening to Boston WEEI and it's not much better. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Except Manning isn't in the final four - Flacco and Smith both are... its not that difficult
    Who plays QB for the NYG's? :)

Seriously though.. I know the reasoning behind it, Im just saying that it's a lame topic that's much better saved for if it ends up being the HarBowl.

ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I'm listening to Boston WEEI and it's not much better. FWIW.
    WEEI is horrific.

98.5 The Sports Hub is what you want to listen to up here. WEEI is beyond brutal.

I had the misfortune of listening to 105.7 in the morning when I was in Balt in December. It was god awful.

Most media is "what have you done for me lately" as evidenced by the baptizing of Alex Smith as the next coming.

According to these people, one division game winning drive (at home) > the best record in the NFL, EVER in the first 4 years + 4 playoff births + a 6-3 record in the playoffs, etc etc.

But my question is, "why ride your teams second best offensive playmaker unless you have to?"

And right now, Ray Rice is the man.

Flacco has plenty of playoff wins, and some big game-winning drives to win big games too, albeit not a playoff drive...yet.

But those game winning drives in Pittsburgh the past two years were no small shakes. I have confidence he can do it if called upon.

7. Re: Listening to your local sports station this afternoon

The 6pm sports show on WBAL is pretty good. The host seems to shuffle between Quadray Ishmail, Brett Hellender, and Keith Mills, but they have lots of good guests.

Heard a really good interview with Ed Reed yesterday on NFL Sirius channel 088. Was dissappointed to hear that his ankle was feeling good. lol

I wish Brady would do more than just the mandatory WEEI Monday morning spot.

Blog Entries

the NFL on SIRIUS XM...

N'uff said.

listening to 98.5 in BOS now....while these guys, so far, seem pretty fair-handed, they just declared, "...the one area the Ravens are soft at is at quarterback, and that's one area you can't be soft..."
    Uh, soft? Not a word that I associate with Flacco. Every significant snap since he became the starter? Taken some hellacious hits and keeps on getting up, (without constant bitching and moaning, like some QB's)...Only QB to have his team in the playoffs the last four years?
    Inconsistant?...ok
    Slow release?....ok
    Soft?.....no way.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Jarrett Johnson calls into 98 Rock every Friday and Monday around 7:30am, I always like hearing his take going into and coming out of a game. It's not a full sports morning show though, they just cover sports on the :30's. I'm sure some of the other players have regular spots too, I just don't tend to listen to the sports stations for the above mentioned reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    listening to 98.5 in BOS now....while these guys, so far, seem pretty fair-handed, they just declared, "...the one area the Ravens are soft at is at quarterback, and that's one area you can't be soft..."
    Uh, soft? Not a word that I associate with Flacco. Every significant snap since he became the starter? Taken some hellacious hits and keeps on getting up, (without constant bitching and moaning, like some QB's)...Only QB to have his team in the playoffs the last four years?
    Inconsistant?...ok
    Slow release?....ok
    Soft?.....no way.
    Hopefully the refs will call roughing the passer on the pats defense this year. Last two games the pats defense has taken late shots and extra hits on Flacco after releasing the ball. While maybe not as elite as brady, Flacco should get the same calls that brady asks for and gets. Maybe thats the problem, Joe is tougher then brady and doesn't ask the refs to throw flags. Come Sunday at 6:10, the talking heads will have their hands full.