Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Webbie vs Welker

Welker will get his catches. The key will be tackling him right away and not letting him use those rub patterns for huge YAC.
    Suggs/Ngata, JJ etc. need to get pressure on Brady.

If those two things happen, I'm hoping Reed causes some problems for the TEs and Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
    Webb is a very good player. But expecting him to match up with WWW in man coverage all day is an absolute best case scenario. That is a tall, tall order. Welker gets open like it's nobody’s business and Brady doesn’t need much room to find him.

I do agree it's your best chance. I just would not bank on it actually happening.
    Welker's going to get his catches, no doubt. The guy is great at catching in traffic and bringing in the ball even while covered. But again, if he catches 7 balls for only 50 yards, it's a win. Webb has been one of the best CBs in the NFL at limiting YAC this year. That's Welker's game--he's still the most reliable chains-mover for the Pats.

Do not underestimate Webb. He was one of the best DBs in all of football this past year--the #2 CB in coverage per Pro Football Focus, second only to Revis. He has the potential to shut Welker down.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Webb on Walker makes the most sense. Their TEs do the most damage in the red zone. If there's any game to play press coverage it's now. The key is keep the Patriots away from the red zone and limit them to FGs and perhaps an occassionally long TD. I would rather them score this way instead of consistently being the red zone all day where their TEs do their most damage
    We need to steal a page from the Jet's playbook from last year when they beat the Pats in the playoffs. Rex said Jimmy Leonard came up with a suggestion and it worked brillianty. Something about flooding the zone with extra DBs I think.
    This is really not true at all. The Patriots TE's have been dangerous all over the field, they have both scored long and short. While they are of course a major match up problem in the red zone, you can't ignore their Yards after catch numbers which have set up those red zone targets. Also the idea that one CB isgoing to contain Welker the entire game is comical, hasn't happened all year an won't on Sunday. Those guys are "GOING TO" get their catches and points. The only thing the Ravens can do is try and limit their field time by controling the run game and keeping Brady off the field, to me that's the Ravens only chance in this game.

4. Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    here you go bleed, we may not always agree but i have something for you. A person i know snapped this at the airport.

Attachment 717
    Whaaaatttt??????

Is he selling that?
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Whaaaatttt??????

Is he selling that?
    i doubt it. it was just a random encounter in the airport. would you sell it? i wouldn't - it's awesome.

6. Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    i doubt it. it was just a random encounter in the airport. would you sell it? i wouldn't - it's awesome.
    No amount of money could get me to part with that... i really do mean that too lol. They must be frequent 24x7 message board readers. OR Early Baltimoresun Message board Readers. I had this Signature on the suns board like a week after we drafted Webbie.... then they banned signatures later on, and i had to take it down. That's pretty fucking epic man, thanks for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Do not underestimate Webb. He was one of the best DBs in all of football this past year--the #2 CB in coverage per Pro Football Focus, second only to Revis. He has the potential to shut Welker down.
    I am certain (however unintentionally) that i am likely underestimating him. I just haven’t seen him play enough I guess. He very well may be able to take away WWW one on one, but watching Welker take opposing DB's lunch money week after week after week has left me jaded. Just about every team NE plays seems to have a guy that can take him out of the game before kick-off.

These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.

9. Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.
    :word

[QUOTE=52decleetzu;404413]These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, even Revis couldn't contain Welker the whole game. Aside from that, who's going to contain Gronk and Hernadez? Reed? Ray Ray? Sorry, but only in your dreams do those match ups favor the Ravens.

I'm probably oversimplifying things but:

Webb v Welker (both about 5'10, 180 or so, with Webb being faster, whereas Welker is quicker and shiftier)
    Carr v Branch (both around 5'9-5'10, 180 or so with Carr being pretty quick, whereas Branch runs precise routes, but is pretty slow)
    Cary v Ochostinko (both around 6'1, 190, Cary being more athletic and Ochostinko not being used much)
    Jimmy (6'2 220, strong physical fast) fast v Hernandez (6'2, 240 and basically a more muscular WR, fast, I saw him struggling with press coverage @ Pittsburgh, Jimmy's strength)
    Gronkowski bracketed by linebackers and safeties in the middle of the field.
    Ed Reed will play centerfield.
    I'm figuring Nakumura and Gorrer will have an active role too.

12. Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I'm probably oversimplifying things but:

Webb v Welker (both about 5'10, 180 or so, with Webb being faster, whereas Welker is quicker and shiftier)
    Carr v Branch (both around 5'9-5'10, 180 or so with Carr being pretty quick, whereas Branch runs precise routes, but is pretty slow)
    Cary v Ochostinko (both around 6'1, 190, Cary being more athletic and Ochostinko not being used much)
    Jimmy (6'2 220, strong physical fast) fast v Hernandez (6'2, 240 and basically a more muscular WR, fast, I saw him struggling with press coverage @ Pittsburgh, Jimmy's strength)
    Gronkowski bracketed by linebackers and safeties in the middle of the field.
    Ed Reed will play centerfield.
    I'm figuring Nakumura and Gorrer will have an active role too.
    To be honest with you, i never even thought about Hernandez being that Small. He is basically a 6'2 Wide Receiver playing Tight end. Great point.

I could see him being Matched up on Jimmy Smith. Jimmy has had his lumps, but he is more than capable of matching up with Hernandez.

Great point on hernandez.