Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Webb on Walker. You need to cover Gronk with a safety typically but with Williams and Smith's size, they should be able to match up with him. The problem is when he catches the ball and is rumbling down the field, who wants to take him on?
    Pollard will. He likes hitting people. My worry is ed not trusting his shoulder and getting trucked.

I think youre right about webb on welker. Although i think gronk should be the focus point. Welker is an underneath guy for the most part and a safety valve for brady. I think its easier to stop him than old 6'7 265lb gronk. Cary wont be able to guard him because he allows too much cushion and i think smith is the best matchup for gronk unless pollard or reed is on him, more likely the former. Personally i think the front four will be the most important battle of the day. We have to win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ravens need to be as physical as they've been all year. Throw off Brady's timing with a little press coverage assuming the line can get there. They need to watch out for Branch too, he can sneak behind you every now and then.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

3. Re: Webbie vs Welker

Pollard or Jimmy Smith on Gronkowski is a good idea, we have to be physical with them all game long at the LOS. Is this a game where knowing they throw it a lot, you have a front 4 like Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, and Kruger to get after Brady? Personally I think our front 4/5 is not much of a threat outside of Suggs. Maybe you really put a whole different formation out there for this game. Webb on Welker all game, play a lot of DB's with Smith and Pollard over the TE's, Ed 15 yards off the ball, Williams on Branch, and have a front 4 of Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, and Kruger (rotate), with Ray and JJ at LB. I think they have to throw this offense off as best as they can.

I might be wrong, but I think Carr covered Welker in the past.......either way, the key with Welker is to pound the crap out of him if he does catch the ball. Also, in general, mix it up and keep Brady thinking, about where Reed is, about who is doubled, and get the DT up in his face. If Halioti can get a push all game, we can take Brady out of his comfort zone. I really think this is going to be more about our DL than anything.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Here you go bleed, we may not always agree but I have something for you. A person I know snapped this at the airport.

ravens predator.jpg

Blog Entries

That is sick!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Now that's cool! I want one

Blog Entries

that's awesome!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yeah it's about as bad ass as you can get. It looks quality too - the paint effects and everything. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Yea i can see Webb playing Welker for the most part. I would also like to see Chris Carr working that slot. The TE's are the biggest mismatches for them though.
    Yowsa. They sure are. We have to be ready to double team Gronkowski if it comes to that. Bellicheat has been winning w/ his TEs for a while now and is gonna make someone stop him.

The Pats wideouts, then seem to cluster around 2 profiles: [more] Smurfish : Edelman, Woodhead or JarJar Been Elvis if split, wide, or in motion & Welker; vs. [more] veteran route runners: Branch, OchoStinko, Welker can play this role, too. . I don't think we could keep Webb on Welker the whole game. Welker in the slot is gonna have to draw somebody else.

They say in tRavens Insider that Carr was a healthy scratch v. Houston ( probably ST-related [and Gorrer made an ST play IIRC],as well as DL-related as suggested in the blog. We definitely could use a healthy Carr vs. the Pats, especially their smurfish WRs. Haruki gets snaps as nickle & dime DB, also. All hands on deck!
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 01-17-2012 at 02:17 PM.

That Predator helmet is EPIC!

Webb is a very good player. But expecting him to match up with WWW in man coverage all day is an absolute best case scenario. That is a tall, tall order. Welker gets open like it's nobody’s business and Brady doesn’t need much room to find him.

I do agree it's your best chance. I just would not bank on it actually happening.