Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Webbie vs Welker

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Do not underestimate Webb. He was one of the best DBs in all of football this past year--the #2 CB in coverage per Pro Football Focus, second only to Revis. He has the potential to shut Welker down.
    I am certain (however unintentionally) that i am likely underestimating him. I just haven’t seen him play enough I guess. He very well may be able to take away WWW one on one, but watching Welker take opposing DB's lunch money week after week after week has left me jaded. Just about every team NE plays seems to have a guy that can take him out of the game before kick-off.

These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

[QUOTE=52decleetzu;404413]These morons in NE have no idea Webb who is, just read their board. They have never even heard of him and think he is a "returner that only got on the field due to injury". It is pointless to converse with them because he is "just another corner who Welk-ah will burn for 150 yaads."

They are clueless, and will figure out why he is one of the best CB's in the game on Sunday when he mans up on Welk-ah with no help because he doesn't need it.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, even Revis couldn't contain Welker the whole game. Aside from that, who's going to contain Gronk and Hernadez? Reed? Ray Ray? Sorry, but only in your dreams do those match ups favor the Ravens.

I'm probably oversimplifying things but:

Webb v Welker (both about 5'10, 180 or so, with Webb being faster, whereas Welker is quicker and shiftier)
    Carr v Branch (both around 5'9-5'10, 180 or so with Carr being pretty quick, whereas Branch runs precise routes, but is pretty slow)
    Cary v Ochostinko (both around 6'1, 190, Cary being more athletic and Ochostinko not being used much)
    Jimmy (6'2 220, strong physical fast) fast v Hernandez (6'2, 240 and basically a more muscular WR, fast, I saw him struggling with press coverage @ Pittsburgh, Jimmy's strength)
    Gronkowski bracketed by linebackers and safeties in the middle of the field.
    Ed Reed will play centerfield.
    I'm figuring Nakumura and Gorrer will have an active role too.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I'm probably oversimplifying things but:

Webb v Welker (both about 5'10, 180 or so, with Webb being faster, whereas Welker is quicker and shiftier)
    Carr v Branch (both around 5'9-5'10, 180 or so with Carr being pretty quick, whereas Branch runs precise routes, but is pretty slow)
    Cary v Ochostinko (both around 6'1, 190, Cary being more athletic and Ochostinko not being used much)
    Jimmy (6'2 220, strong physical fast) fast v Hernandez (6'2, 240 and basically a more muscular WR, fast, I saw him struggling with press coverage @ Pittsburgh, Jimmy's strength)
    Gronkowski bracketed by linebackers and safeties in the middle of the field.
    Ed Reed will play centerfield.
    I'm figuring Nakumura and Gorrer will have an active role too.
    To be honest with you, i never even thought about Hernandez being that Small. He is basically a 6'2 Wide Receiver playing Tight end. Great point.

I could see him being Matched up on Jimmy Smith. Jimmy has had his lumps, but he is more than capable of matching up with Hernandez.

Great point on hernandez.

We are one of the few teams with a basically 6'3 corner, that can run with Hernandez, and is especially good in Press coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Yea i can see Webb playing Welker for the most part. I would also like to see Chris Carr working that slot. The TE's are the biggest mismatches for them though.
    Yeah, Chris Carr on Welker could work too. He's cut from the same cloth as Welker-smallish, shifty, quick laterally, etc. Gronk is the most glaring mismatch. Who is going to cover him? Pollard? That makes me a little nervous.