Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Predict AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots

If the Pats win you might get lucky if you know what I mean. You may not be in the mood though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    My prediction is that Sunday evening will be a frosty one between my Patriots-fan wife and myself. DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    The unanswered question is how well will the Ravens play on defense. The offense can not be counted on to win this game.
    Actually, the 2 biggest strengths on the Ravens and Patriots - defense and offense - somewhat cancel each other out. Potentially the biggest mis-match is the Ravens offense versus the Patriots defense.

In my mind, if the Ravens are going to win, they will need a complete team effort, including around 30 points from the offense.

And nothing short of a complete team effort should punch your ticket to the SB.

For the record, I think they come up a tad short.

Patriots 34
    Ravens 31

Blog Entries

Ravens 23 - Pats 20 on a late Cundiff FG, as we Ravens fans have to drink profusely and make cardiologist appointments, as usual... Bc

Ravens put up 30+ pts in this game unless there's precipitation and/or egregious turnovers

31-27
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

McGahee & Ball had 120 yards combined rushing against the Patriots Saturday. What do you think Rice & Williams are going to do to them. If the Pat's commit everybody to stop the run Flacco will burn them. Ravens jump out to a big lead and then hold on for dear life, hopefully the rope will be long enough.

Ravens 30
    Pat's 24

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Actually, the 2 biggest strengths on the Ravens and Patriots - defense and offense - somewhat cancel each other out. Potentially the biggest mis-match is the Ravens offense versus the Patriots defense.

In my mind, if the Ravens are going to win, they will need a complete team effort, including around 30 points from the offense.

And nothing short of a complete team effort should punch your ticket to the SB.

For the record, I think they come up a tad short.

Patriots 34
    Ravens 31
    Not sure the Ravens can put up 30 points this weekend......Pats D has let up over 30 points once this season (week 1 I believe), Hard to think the defesive minded Ravens will put up 30 in January, on the road and in the playoffs. Ravens players are even doubting Flacco so I can't picture an offensive explosion. Ravens can win but I think 24-21 or 21-17 more the likely score.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Potentially the biggest mis-match is the Ravens offense versus the Patriots defense.
    I agree with this but I just don't see the offense having a break-out game here. They will score points but I don't see them scoring more than 23 and most likely no more than 20. That means the defense has to stop Brady and his offense a bunch. Assuming 12 possessions per game, they can only give up two touchdowns and a field goal. That is a tall order.