Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Predict AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots

The Pats are a dink and dunk offense. The Steelers showed that when you play aggressive press coverage they can be stopped.
    90% of the game is half mental

Ravens 28
    Pats 24

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    Ravens 28
    Pats 24
    Will you be witnessing this score from clubs or sky suite at Gillette Stadium?

27-24 Patriots

Ravens lead 24-20 and Brady leads a touchdown drive with less than a minute.

Ravens hold on for a 21-20 win. And, I'll have another ulcer.

Blog Entries

i think well see a determined defense force some turnovers and Flacco throw for at least 2 TDs. im going with 27-21 ravens.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Will you be witnessing this score from clubs or sky suite at Gillette Stadium?
    No, Della Roses in Canton. I will be going back to my old home of Indy though.

My prediction is that Sunday evening will be a frosty one between my Patriots-fan wife and myself. DOH!

The outcome of this game is in the hands of the Ravens. In other words, if the Ravens play well, NE will not beat them. I do not understand all this homage that is being paid to the Patriots. One guy says they are suddenly unbeatable and the entire national sports press repeats it, even including ex- NFL players. The fact is this is a team that, over the last 5 weeks of the season, went toe-to-toe with the Redskins, and got behind Denver by 9, Miami by 17, and Buffalo by 21. If they get behind the Ravens by 17, the Ravens are not going to let them go out and put up 49. Brady, Welker and Gronkowski are great players, but this is 22 against 22, not 3 on 3. Who is going to shut down Torrie Smith and Q? Is the NE defense really going to stop Ray Rice?

There are 3 teams that played a flag football style this year - GB, NO, and NE. Two of them got knocked out when they were forced to play tackle football. If the Ravens play like they can, aggressive and physical, the third will get knocked out this week, and it should be a decisive win. Ravens, 31 - 17.

This is a tough one to call ... as well it should be ... #1 seed v. #2 seed.

Offense: Patriots
    Defense: Ravens
    Special Teams: Push
    Coaching: Patriots
    Home Field: Patriots

Based on this rough analysis, the Patriots should come out on top by single digits ... likely 6 to 9 points.

The unanswered question is how well will the Ravens play on defense. The offense can not be counted on to win this game.

Final prediction: Ravens Defense comes to play. They hold the Patriots to 16 points. Ravens win 20 to 16

Not an optimist. But a realist. I still see this game playing to the Ravens strengths and Pats weaknesses. I can go into detail, but a few keys Pats throw 88% of passes
    In the middle of the feild, Ravens will play press coverage and play safeties close not worried about deep ball. Pats can't stop intermediate passes, they'd try not to give up big plays, Joe should have easy day, especially without much of a rush. I expect Pats to only rush 3-4 men to not give up big plays. They have no rushers who can best his man 1 on 1. Ravens will be the ones to control LOS, on both sides, so they win. Win in typical 3-10 point fashion.