Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Predict AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots

I have no idea. Literally, not even one small inkling. Our corners minimize the damage of Welker and Branch while Pollard/Reed team up with the LBs to contain Gronk. We are going to have to get our hands on all of the receivers at the snap to disrupt the timing and Suggs needs to have a big game.

If we win the turnover battle, we will win the game. If it's even, we lose a close game at the end.

Ravens 31
    Pats 27

The Ravens average 24 pts./gm. Because we're playing a bad defense I'll give us another td and say we score 31 pts.

New England averages 32 pts./gm. Because they're playing a good defense they'll get one less td and score 25 pts.

Simple analysis but all it means is that we need to hold to form on offense and defense and we can win this game by a td. How we do it is up for discussion but being 1 td better than the norm is not an impossible task.

I have complete confidence in asking a defense that gives up 16 pts./gm. to hold the Patriots to 25 pts. For me the the x factor is asking the offense to score 31 against a defense that gives up 290 yds passing/gm and 120 yds rushing/gm. If Flacco and Rice get those kind of numbers I think the offense gets their 31.
    Last edited by Sec545; 01-17-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Americanmade2012 Guest

27-13 ravens

Ravens 30
    Pats 27

Billy Cundiff hits a 45 yard FG as time expires.
    90% of the game is half mental

The last four meetings:

2007 Patriots 27-24 (pre-Harbaugh, at home)
    2009 Patriots 27-21 (road)
    2010 Ravens 33-14 (road, playoff)
    2010 Patriots 23-20 (road, OT)

Combined scoring:

Ravens 98
    Patriots 91

Averaging:

Ravens 24.50
    Patriots 22.75

Result:

BAL 24
    NE 23

"Numbers don't lie." (Pythagoras)

ravens 27
    patriots 21

reason: i'm a ravens fan/homer.

For most of us the confidence factor is not there simply because this is a "what have you done for me lately" league and we all know the ravens didn't play their best football. Rarely do you see two consecutive weeks of bad football. If we get back to ravens football (re-establising Ray Rice, winning the turnover battle, sound defense) we will win

Ravens 27
    NE 20

The defense gives up yards, but tightens up in the red zone.

Pats 28
    Ravens 24

Quote Originally Posted by Sec545 View Post
    The Ravens average 24 pts./gm. Because we're playing a bad defense I'll give us another td and say we score 31 pts.

New England averages 32 pts./gm. Because they're playing a good defense they'll get one less td and score 25 pts.

Simple analysis but all it means is that we need to hold to form on offense and defense and we can win this game by a td. How we do it is up for discussion but being 1 td better than the norm is not an impossible task.

I have complete confidence in asking a defense that gives up 16 pts./gm. to hold the Patriots to 25 pts. For me the the x factor is asking the offense to score 31 against a defense that gives up 290 yds passing/gm and 120 yds rushing/gm. If Flacco and Rice get those kind of numbers I think the offense gets their 31.

Something's gotta give. Brady passed for 39 touchdowns this year (though if I'm doing the math right, only 16 of those were in home games). He added SIX against a very suspect Denver defense. The Ravens allowed only 11 passing touchdowns all year, and by defensive passer rating were the best passing defense in football. Of those 11 allowed, only five were on the road. Additionally, the Ravens never gave up more than one passing TD in a game this year.

I honestly think the Ravens secondary against Pats receivers is a win for us. I don't really know how well we match up against the Hernandez/Gronkowski duo. Our D-line against their O-line? The Pats gave up a total of 23 sacks in home games this year, in other words averaging almost three per game. I see us being able to pressure Brady.

The Pats gave up an average of 19.25 ppg at home this year. However, that's skewed by only giving up 3 to the Chiefs and the offensive luminary known as Tyler Palko. They gave up 21 to the Jets, 24 to the Colts and Dolphins... think we can do better than that.

Bottom line--I think Brady does pretty well, but not well enough. Ravens 30, Pats 24.

Blog Entries

Ravens 52 Patriots 16

Ravens 42
    The Brady's 28

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sec545 View Post

A game like this is all about intangibles. It's about who the team of destiny is. Stats go out the window. Just remember the 2000 playoffs. If this is the Ravens year once again they will win it. If not, they won't. In any case, it's looking to me like it will be hard for anyone to beat either the Giants or San Francisco in SB, both are looking like the team of destiny right now. But this could change this Sunday.