Rotoworld says Antwan Barnes signed too

Good day for Ravens if true..
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Re: Rotoworld says Antwan Barnes signed too

It's not true. They apparently stole some info from Aaron and have since apologized but he's only agreed in principle.

I am real excited to see Barnes development. He is the player I was most excited about getting from the 07 draft.

Well the Sun reports he is signed now too
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

The 4th quarter is going to be most interesting during preseason games with looking at prospects like Barnes, Burgess, Gaither, and Troy Smith.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Guys don't worry about signings. Everyone will be at Training Camp day one, with the exception of Grubbs and T. Smith who could hold out for a week at the most. It happens every year, don't worry about it.

I got an email from the Ravens that said they signed both Yanda and Barnes. You guys should have quite an interesting training camp to visit.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenatic20 View Post
    Guys don't worry about signings. Everyone will be at Training Camp day one, with the exception of Grubbs and T. Smith who could hold out for a week at the most. It happens every year, don't worry about it.
    I seriously doubt that both will holdout. If a holdout does occur, it is more likely with Grubbs and definitely not with Troy Smith. What is Troy's leverage that makes you think he'd be a holdout? He's the last pick of the 5th round.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I seriously doubt that both will holdout. If a holdout does occur, it is more likely with Grubbs and definitely not with Troy Smith. What is Troy's leverage that makes you think he'd be a holdout? He's the last pick of the 5th round.
    He was the Heisman winner and he will argue that he has potential to be great in the future. The Ravens will only offer him late 5th round money. Just a possibility.

IMHO no way Troy Smith holds out. His market was established when he was passed-over 173 times by 32 teams. He needs every rep he can get to compete against Drew Olson who has been on the roster for a year. Many 5th round picks don't stick with a team, he is by no means guaranteed a spot on this club. Holding out even a few days likely hurts his playing time in game 1 of the preseason, and he won't get that many chances; for example, game 3 is probably just McNair and Boller.

If he holds out his agent should be fired.