Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ed Dickson

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yes, Dickson drops too many passes. However, the real glaring difference is that New England targets their TEs more than anyone else in the league. That's why they have more yards/receptions.

Targets:

124 Gronkowski
    113 Hernandez
    89 Dickson
    56 Pitta

For those that are math-impaired, that's New England 237, Baltimore 145 - a difference of 92 targets, which is only 12 fewer times than the Ravens have thrown the ball to their offensive spark, Ray Rice (104).

Of course those guys are going to have more receptions and yards than the Ravens' TEs. Gronkowski has more receptions (90) than Dickson has had opportunities. I'm not saying Dickson is as good as Gronkowski because he isn't close, but the receptions/yards stats alone really don't tell the story. New England's offense runs through the TEs and slot receiver. Three players - Welker (172), Gronkowski (124) and Hernandez (113) all have been targeted over 100 more times (409 to 304) than the Ravens' top three targets, Anquan Boldin (105), Ray Rice (104), and Torrey Smith (95).
    I'm certainly not arguing that. The Patriots absolutely utilize their TE's a hell of a lot more than the Ravens do.

Still though, to say that you're better than a guy with over 1300 yards and 17 TD's is not only cocky, it's stupid and unnecessary. Until Dickson knocks it off with the drops, he shouldn't be talking about anyone. Period.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

LOL @ THIS! LOL! Dickson is the worst starting player on our offense, drops half the passes that are thrown to him, yet he's better than Gronkowski who just rewrote the record books for TEs? What a joke.

Dickson can think what he wants, but I know that every single Ravens fan in existence would trade Dickson for Gronkowski or Hernandez without even having to think about it. Shut your f*cking mouth with that crap and go bust your ass to become a better player because right now you aren't s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    From WNST twitter:

'@EdDickson84 said both he and @DennisPitta are better than the Patriots TEs. Came out draft year; have a friendly rivalry.
    3 hours ago Reply Retweet
    This is the problem with twitter/tweets. Here is the transcript:

Radio Guy: How familiar are you with Gronkowski and Hernandez up in New England?

Ed Dickson: Very familiar. Those guys came out the same year as myself and Dennis Pitta and we kind of got a little rivalry going.

Radio Guy: TE Tandem vs. TE Tandem . . .

Ed Dickson: Yeah, they throw the ball almost fifty times a game. We respect those guys and think they are very talented. We think we’re better, but they are very talented and it's going to be a battle.

The entire interview was full of joking around. The emphasis on Dickson's part was the "they are very talented", and the "we think we're better" was obviously said in jest in the context of the radio guy and Dickson going back and forth. He never said, as the tweet says, that he was better than Gronkowski or Hernandez. He never said "I" at all. He always referred to the entire team or group of TEs throughout the interview.

Dickson came across really personable and even said that he needs to make that catch (after the radio host ribbed him for dropping the one against the Texans). He also gave tons of props and importance of the veteran leadership on the Ravens and how much difference it makes. He wasn't cocky at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is the problem with twitter/tweets. Here is the transcript:

Radio Guy: How familiar are you with Gronkowski and Hernandez up in New England?

Ed Dickson: Very familiar. Those guys came out the same year as myself and Dennis Pitta and we kind of got a little rivalry going.

Radio Guy: TE Tandem vs. TE Tandem . . .

Ed Dickson: Yeah, they throw the ball almost fifty times a game. We respect those guys and think they are very talented. We think we’re better, but they are very talented and it's going to be a battle.

The entire interview was full of joking around. The emphasis on Dickson's part was the "they are very talented", and the "we think we're better" was obviously said in jest in the context of the radio guy and Dickson going back and forth. He never said, as the tweet says, that he was better than Gronkowski or Hernandez. He never said "I" at all. He always referred to the entire team or group of TEs throughout the interview.

Dickson came across really personable and even said that he needs to make that catch (after the radio host ribbed him for dropping the one against the Texans). He also gave tons of props and importance of the veteran leadership on the Ravens and how much difference it makes. He wasn't cocky at all.
    Go figure the media picks and chooses what to report and how to spin it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    From WNST twitter:

'@EdDickson84 said both he and @DennisPitta are better than the Patriots TEs. Came out draft year; have a friendly rivalry.

wnst WNST
    Ed Dickson on Cam Cameron..."he's stubborn...he sticks to his guns." #Ravens

wnst WNST
    Ed Dickson on playing in NE: "We're going to be celebrating on their field." #Ravens #Patriots

wnst WNST
    ' @EdDickson84 on Cam Cameron:"He's stubborn. He's going to stick with it. But we as an offense we have to stand behind him."

twitter.com/wnst - 152k
    Coming from Ed "hands of stone " Duran ....I mean Dickson ????

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I would put our biggest, strongest, quickest linebacker on Gronkowski at the line of scrimmage - and beat him up all day - holding him on blocks and bumping him every inch of those first five yards ALL DAY LONG. And when that linebacker got tired I would go to the next man up. Gronkowski would have a permanent Ravens shadow if I was calling the defensive plays. He would soon understand what it means to play the Ravens. Letting him run free through a zone is a disaster in the making.
    100 percent agree ! Just beat him up every play aka boxing wear him out round after round :)

7. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrule20 View Post
    Coming from Ed "hands of stone " Duran ....I mean Dickson ????
    I really think you people should listen to the interview first man..

It really didn't sound anything close to being that bad. Honestly i didn't even hear half the "quotes".......... Just an awful Job of Twitter transcripts being spined to make things look bad, and get a story, and get us to click on their website.

It really wasn't that bad, i urge people to listen to it first.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I really think you people should listen to the interview first man..

It really didn't sound anything close to being that bad. Honestly i didn't even hear half the "quotes".......... Just an awful Job of Twitter transcripts being spined to make things look bad, and get a story, and get us to click on their website.

It really wasn't that bad, i urge people to listen to it first.
    I know it is just spinned to look bad man.... Maybe he should get a little more reps catching the football then playing on Twitter ?? Do you see Ray Lewis or Ed Reed Twitting like this ? I bet not ..........

9. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrule20 View Post
    I know it is just spinned to look bad man.... Maybe he should get a little more reps catching the football then playing on Twitter ?? Do you see Ray Lewis or Ed Reed Twitting like this ? I bet not ..........
    Lmao he didn't tweet that, it was an interview he did with WNST.. WNST tweeted that. Its called a "twitter transcript" Which IMO is one of the worst things to happen to journalism. They pick like 10 words and tweet it, as a quote, you cant ever get the full context in 1 tweet. Dickson never tweeted anything.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

10. Re: Ed Dickson

Hopefully he tweets something about spending extra practice on blocking and catching more than the occasional spectacular grab, and how Pitta is better than he is

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Hopefully he tweets something about spending extra practice on blocking and catching more than the occasional spectacular grab, and how Pitta is better than he is
    Well, #1 - he didn't tweet anything in the first place, and #2 - he owned up to his drops in the interview and said he needed to do a better job. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Lmao he didn't tweet that, it was an interview he did with WNST.. WNST tweeted that. Its called a "twitter transcript" Which IMO is one of the worst things to happen to journalism. They pick like 10 words and tweet it, as a quote, you cant ever get the full context in 1 tweet. Dickson never tweeted anything.
    OK......he didn't tweet that himself WNST did,but he still said it ! My point being maybe he should try catching the ball a little more then running his mouth ?? Lamo , what's that about ?