Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Dickson

1. Re: Ed Dickson

I want to HEAR him say it. Things always sound worse written. The way he says it could make all the difference.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Ed Dickson

Dickson should cut the chatter, and focus on catching the ball. Right now, I would consider Dickson to be to be the most disappointing starting TE in Ravens history. That goes back to AJ Ofodile, Lovett Purnell, Brian Kinchen, and the career-ending Ben Coates. We've been spoiled in Baltimore: John Mackey, Raymond Chester, Shannon Sharpe, and Todd Heap. Expectations for Dickson had been high, but, thus far, he has disappointed with repeated drops of passes into his hands and gut.

TEs have two important missions: catch the ball over the middle in traffic, and block. Dickson, right now, is not impressing me in either role. A waste of such natural athletic ability.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I want to HEAR him say it. Things always sound worse written. The way he says it could make all the difference.
    Funny, I said the EXACT SAME THING about Flacco's comments about how he won't get any credit in a win. (An accurate prediction by the way despite his finishing with 2 TDs and a near 100 rating. A feat he accomplished while getting hit virtually every single time he dropped back (22 hits and 5 sacks on 27 attempts) in a game where his receivers dropped 5 passes that hit their hands.)

I don't remember getting much support from you on that point. Creates the appearance of a double standard no?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369178,-76.761187
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Oh no.....I wish these guys would at least produce before running their mouths. Ray,Ed, Suggs have done it time and time again so as much as I hate to hear trash talk, at least they have built a resume. But Dickson? Really?

5. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Funny, I said the EXACT SAME THING about Flacco's comments about how he won't get any credit in a win. (An accurate prediction by the way despite his finishing with 2 TDs and a near 100 rating. A feat he accomplished while getting hit virtually every single time he dropped back (22 hits and 5 sacks on 27 attempts) in a game where his receivers dropped 5 passes that hit their hands.)

I don't remember getting much support from you on that point. Creates the appearance of a double standard no?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369178,-76.761187
    I watched the presser, and i still didn't think he should have said it.

So no double standard. Lets not hijack this into another Flacco Thread.

I'm sure this is all getting taken out of context but still. We don't need to give NE any bulletin board material and we certainly don't need him stirring up things in the locker room with these comments.

Bulletin board material is overrated. This is the AFC Championship Game, if you need any more motivation for this game than you shouldn't be playing.

So Ed is playing to his audience before you even hear what he has to say despite the fact that he's actually bashing our upcoming opponent, but Joe should shut up when he clearly made a throw away joke making fun of the media?

Spin it how you want, that's a double fucking standard.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369109,-76.761173
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Dickson should cut the chatter, and focus on catching the ball. Right now, I would consider Dickson to be to be the most disappointing starting TE in Ravens history.
    Hey, BrickHands, shut your freakin' piehole, and concentrate on doing what you were drafted to do, which to date has not been very impressive!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

10. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So Ed is playing to his audience before you even hear what he has to say despite the fact that he's actually bashing our upcoming opponent, but Joe should shut up when he clearly made a throw away joke making fun of the media?

Spin it how you want, that's a double fucking standard.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369109,-76.761173
    :grbac:

Not even sure what that has to do with anything.... do you have to make every thread a "Defend Flacco" Thread? No one is even bashing the guy on this thread.. We're talking about a completely different person.

Before that post was even made on this board, about Flacco "dissing the media". I already watched the presser on the Ravens Website, and i thought he shouldn't have said that, but i didn't care enough to start a thread about it. When a thread was started i gave my opinion.

How is that a double standard? If anything i'm being harder on ED, because i haven't heard what he said.

Dude you really need to chill out on this Flacco Shit. You're now looking for fights to pick to defend Flacco, think about it before you respond don't be so quick to disagree because i do have a point. Just Relax.

Dickson needs to shut his trap if he did indeed say those things, Gronkowski is a freaking beast... what have you done Ed? Give respect where it is due.

Well I just heard the part about comparing themselves to the NE TE's. Wasn't like that at all. It was stated before hand by Ed that they have a friendly rivalry. In an obviously joking tone Ed said that "they throw it like 50 times a game. They're good. I think we're better though. But they are great TE's."

They take four words out of an entire paragraph.