Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ed Dickson

Re: Ed Dickson

It's way too early to be so down on Dickson...like others have said his first year stats match up well with most of the best TE's to play the game in their first season starting.

I agree though that he really needs to pick it up...I can recall at least 3 games where we had good momentum going only to have him drop a wide open pass on a key 3rd early in the 2nd half...and that drop completely changed the rhythm of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I wasn't calling you out... just didn't listen to it, which was my fault. I should have listened to it first. Wont make that mistake again.
    I should have too before posting .

Blog Entries

The interview was hardly bad. The only notable comment he made was about Cam Cameron. He said that Cam is stubborn. In so many words, he said that Cam sticks to his guns no matter what anyone thinks and that it is the players jobs, on offense, to back him up; whatever play he calls, they have to make work.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

More stickum on Ed's hands will solve the problem. Pats don't need to watch Dickson, he can't catch. LOL

Blog Entries

It seems more like a focus issue. He gets open.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrule20 View Post
    So your saying it is ok to drop one or two in critical game situation ? Trust me he has dropped more then one or two passes this year !! I don't dislike him, but come back and tell me how many Pitta has dropped compared to Dickson......
    Shit happens.

The very best drop passes from time to time, yeah, more than once or twice a year. And aren't they all "critical" when you have an axe to grind.? I don't know where the hell you people get your expectations from.

And I don't need to qualify my opinion based on how Pitta performs. I'm not one of those guys who feel like our TE situation is either/or when it comes to Dickson and Pitta. I'm glad to have them both! But if you took away Dickson and made Pitta the fulltime starter, I guarantee you that Pitta would have "critical" drops from time to time. It just happens. It wouldn't mean he sucks or is a bust.

Honestly, I believe this Dickson hate comes form the fact that many here favor Pitta. And feel they must throw Dickson under the bus at every opportunity.

Hey....how about those "critical" TD's and 1st down receptions that Dickson has had for the Ravens? I suppose they don't count for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Hey....how about those "critical" TD's and 1st down receptions that Dickson has had for the Ravens? I suppose they don't count for anything.
    "Only" 30 of Dickson's 54 receptions resulted in first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    "Only" 30 of Dickson's 54 receptions resulted in first downs.
    Thank you!

You'd think that all of Dickson's TD's and 1st Dowsn were in garbage time since that one "critical" drop is all anyone seems to care about.

That, and some misleading Tweets.

Blog Entries

At the rate this fool drop passes he will be out the league in no time, its bad enough he can't block worth a shit atleast catch the damn ball, shut the fuck up ed and catch the ball.

Blog Entries

54 catches. Wow.

Remember in 2004 when the player with the most catches on our team was either Travis Taylor or Kevin Johnson and they only had 35 catches in the ENTIRE SEASON?

Our offense has come such a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    54 catches. Wow.

Remember in 2004 when the player with the most catches on our team was either Travis Taylor or Kevin Johnson and they only had 35 catches in the ENTIRE SEASON?

Our offense has come such a long way.
    76 Ray Rice
    57 Anquan Boldin
    54 Ed Dickson
    50 Torrey Smith
    40 Dennis Pitta
    15 Vonta Leach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yes, Dickson drops too many passes. However, the real glaring difference is that New England targets their TEs more than anyone else in the league. That's why they have more yards/receptions.
    Targets:
    124 Gronkowski
    113 Hernandez
    89 Dickson
    56 Pitta

For those that are math-impaired, that's New England 237, Baltimore 145 - a difference of 92 targets...
    Just for the sake of mathematical accuracy : Pats' TEs 237 targets/169 catches = 71%
    Ravens TEs 145 targets/94 catches = 64%. make of it what you will ... Bc