Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gorrer Vs Carr

Gorrer Vs Carr

Danny HAS IT!! Carr lost IT.

Danny is always around the ball and seems to make big plays. To bad we have had him inactive so much this year....

Re: Gorrer Vs Carr

He won't be inactive next week you can believe that.

I like what I've seen from Danny Gorrer, but wouldn't write off Chris Carr just yet. His experience may yet prove worthwhile. As I recall he had a pick against Brady in the January 2010 Wild Card game and another one the last time they played in Foxboro in the 2010 regular season. Carr hasn't had as much playing time this season, but he hasn't been needed as much. Looking ahead to 2012, I think there will still be room on the roster for both Carr and Gorrer. Don't forget Foxworth will almost certainly be gone. As far as the relative rank of Carr and Gorrer on next year's depth chart, that'll be determined in preseason.

gorrer was great n special teams yesterday and the few chances he's had he looks like he has good cover skills. another ozzie find like carey williams.

Blog Entries

The team is showing Carr veteran respect, but I would be very surprised if Carr returns next season. He would not beat out Webb, Williams or Smith on the depth chart. He would have to compete with Gorrer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

True, but the team will probably carry at least 5 corners in any case. So you have Webb-Williams-Smith-Carr-Gorrer, or something along those lines. Carr is still quite capable in the nickle-dime role. However, his job could be at risk if another (cheaper) youngster comes into camp and plays exceptionally well.

I was at the game and forgot to DVR, was Gorrer's foot on the line when he hit that punt back? It looked good in real time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I was at the game and forgot to DVR, was Gorrer's foot on the line when he hit that punt back? It looked good in real time.
    His foot did hit the line but it was very close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The team is showing Carr veteran respect, but I would be very surprised if Carr returns next season. He would not beat out Webb, Williams or Smith on the depth chart. He would have to compete with Gorrer.
    They showed him the INACTIVE list yesterday for Gorrer. Should stay that way for this Sunday. Just saying put your best on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    True, but the team will probably carry at least 5 corners in any case. So you have Webb-Williams-Smith-Carr-Gorrer, or something along those lines. Carr is still quite capable in the nickle-dime role. However, his job could be at risk if another (cheaper) youngster comes into camp and plays exceptionally well.
    I don't know Carr's $alary, but it may lead to his release unless he's willing to take a pay cut. He's still a decent veteran depth player, and will only be 29 in April. Depends on if the Ravens like Chykie Brown, a draft choice, or another vet Dback... Bc

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

John harbaugh said chris carr wasn't up due to having extra defensive lineman up and special teams concerns

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Does anybody think that Carr would be above Gorrer going into training camp next season, or that Carr would beat out Gorrer for a roster spot next season?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore