Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why We're Going to the Superbowl!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cool5 View Post
    Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I'm bored with all the negative threads. I think we're going to beat the Patriots. I really, really do. I don't have any superstitions about posting it. If my bad mojo causes the Ravens to lose, then I guess we had more problems than I figured.

Here's the thing that blows my mind. Not only did the Pats not beat a single winning team this year, they only faced a top 10 defense 4 out the 17 games they've played: Jets x2, Eagles, and the Steelers. They lost one of them, obviously. So Brady and the receivers' numbers aren't as impressive when you figure they've feasted on the middling and bottom defenses all season.

Our guy Flacco faced a top 10 defense in 12 games this year and only lost 2 of them.

Brady's winning percentage over good defenses: 75%
    Flacco's winning percentage over good defenses: 83%

And Flacco does it handcuffed by idiotic Cam Cameron calls, with rookies and butterfingers, on a team where his best receivers aren't even receivers. Who is the sportswriter who said the Ravens win in spite of Flacco? Totally wrong. Flacco wins in spite of butterfinger drops and boneheaded calls.

But what's all this talk about Flacco beating good defenses anyway? The Pats don't have one!

And what's all the talk about stats? Stats don't play the games. Human beings do. And I've noticed that our team is playing with a lot more heart and soul this year than I've seen in the previous 3 years under Harbaugh. There's no more whispers about players wishing they played for Rex. The players want to win for each other and for their coach, and not for individual glory as you see on other teams. Seeing the glimpses into the locker room online and on TV, I've seen a fighting spirit and joyfulness I haven't seen in the prior years. This team is different.

Ravens - 24
    Pats - 17
    This thread got a little lost since it was on a holiday - but you make some great points

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The blinders on Steelers homer I work with (who predicted the Ravens wouldn't win against the Steelers in week 1, wouldn't sweep the Steelers in the regular season, the Ravens would lose one more game than the Steelers in the regular season so the season sweep wouldn't matter, the Steelers would definitly beat the Broncos, and the Texans would beat the Ravens) predicted that the Patriots were going to beat the Ravens right after the Texans game. He never gets tired of being wrong, God bless him.
    Post of the season!! +1 +1 +1

The reason the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl is like I posted in another thread. The blinders on Steelers homer I work with (who predicted the Ravens wouldn't win against the Steelers in week 1, wouldn't sweep the Steelers in the regular season, the Ravens would lose one more game than the Steelers in the regular season so the season sweep wouldn't matter, the Steelers would definitly beat the Broncos, and the Texans would beat the Ravens) predicted that the Patriots were going to beat the Ravens right after the Texans game. He never gets tired of being wrong, God bless him.
    Something about your post struck me as familiar, and I've just realized what it is. Your co-worker picks sports winners exactly as well as I pick stock market winners.

The reason the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl is like I posted in another thread. The blinders on Steelers homer I work with (who predicted the Ravens wouldn't win against the Steelers in week 1, wouldn't sweep the Steelers in the regular season, the Ravens would lose one more game than the Steelers in the regular season so the season sweep wouldn't matter, the Steelers would definitly beat the Broncos, and the Texans would beat the Ravens) predicted that the Patriots were going to beat the Ravens right after the Texans game. He never gets tired of being wrong, God bless him.
    From looking at the poll on the Steelers board about who they want to win the super bowl, they hate Baltimore, Green Bay, and San Francisco. Obviously because all these teams all beat the Steelers in crucial games within the last year.

They want the Giants to win it all because they have no ax to grind with that team. The Steeler fans lose all perspective especially when their team loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    From looking at the poll on the Steelers board about who they want to win the super bowl, they hate Baltimore, Green Bay, and San Francisco. Obviously because all these teams all beat the Steelers in crucial games within the last year.

They want the Giants to win it all because they have no ax to grind with that team. The Steeler fans lose all perspective especially when their team loses.
    OK! All at once now..... Stillers fans are arseholes......!Nothing more to say about them Go Ravens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    the Pats' D really isn't that good, so I don't necessarily see him having all that much trouble.
    You mean the same Patriots Defense that is +17 on turnovers, and the Ravens that are +2? How do you explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by kjmass1 View Post
    You mean the same Patriots Defense that is +17 on turnovers, and the Ravens that are +2? How do you explain that?
    Turnover differential are a function of both Offense and Defense, Tom Brady doesn't turn the ball over often and runningbacks don't fumble often. Try using a strictly defensive stat next time you want to make anyone believe that the Pats don't have a bottom 10 defense.