Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    I emailed the Ravens to get some details about the lottery, and their response said that winning fans will be notified via email and their Ravens account "once the game is guaranteed, late Sunday night or very early Monday morning." So don't expect any news before we win!
    This has been the standard since 2009. That year the Ravens announced winners on Thursday prior to the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. Apparently the phone lines at the Ravens front office went nuts, as did the email servers. According to my buddy who runs the control room on game days, the team decided never to do that again. Much easier to announce it once it's in stone, give the fans precise instructions then and there on how to pay for and collect their SB tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This has been the standard since 2009. That year the Ravens announced winners on Thursday prior to the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. Apparently the phone lines at the Ravens front office went nuts, as did the email servers. According to my buddy who runs the control room on game days, the team decided never to do that again. Much easier to announce it once it's in stone, give the fans precise instructions then and there on how to pay for and collect their SB tickets.
    Makes sense. I'm sure they got their fare share of "Yeah, the Ravens lost, but I can still buy Super Bowl tickets, right???" calls/emails after the game. Plus, knowing ahead of time that I could buy tix would make a loss all the more painful! Thankfully, that's a moot point this year!

Pretty sure the order of priority on who will get tickets will fall along these lines ....

Suite Owners (all of them)
    Multi-Year club level PSL owners
    The rest of the club level PSL owners
    LL PSL owners between the 40 yard lines

Then if there's any tickets left (and don't hold your breath waiting) ....

The rest of the LL PSL owners
    UL PSL Owners

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pretty sure the order of priority on who will get tickets will fall along these lines ....

UL PSL Owners
    Suite owners obviously get their block first.. which covers probably 1500 tickets. With the rest of the allotment, it's weighted in favor of Club Seat owners vs "everyone else". I don't think they break it down to the level you described. More like NBA lottery ping pong balls.. If you're a Club Seat owner, you get more ping pong balls in the machine.

http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl....fInfoSheet.pdf

Read the bottom paragraph.

UL PSL Owners
    I wonder if there's any record or documentation of who has earned superbowl tickets via a lottery like this. I'm an upper level PSL owner and I was curious if any of them have ever been selected.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Makes sense. I'm sure they got their fare share of "Yeah, the Ravens lost, but I can still buy Super Bowl tickets, right???" calls/emails after the game. Plus, knowing ahead of time that I could buy tix would make a loss all the more painful! Thankfully, that's a moot point this year!
    What sucks is that right now, the team has the list. And on Sunday night or early Monday morning, they'll hit a button on a computer somewhere that will send emails and load up the online account of some lucky ass PSL owners.

Probably better that we DONT know ahead of time. I would probably die watching a game like we had last year knowing that I was "this close" to have SB tix at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I wonder if there's any record or documentation of who has earned superbowl tickets via a lottery like this. I'm an upper level PSL owner and I was curious if any of them have ever been selected.
    I know plenty of UL PSL owners who got notified in 2009, and also quite a few who won tix the same way and went to Tampa in 2001. The odds aren't great, but it is legit.

I know plenty of UL PSL owners who got notified in 2009, and also quite a few who won tix the same way and went to Tampa in 2001. The odds aren't great, but it is legit.
    That's good to know. For a fleeting moment I thought perhaps PSL owners don't even get thrown an entry into the pool.

Suite owners obviously get their block first.. which covers probably 1500 tickets. With the rest of the allotment, it's weighted in favor of Club Seat owners vs "everyone else". I don't think they break it down to the level you described. More like NBA lottery ping pong balls.. If you're a Club Seat owner, you get more ping pong balls in the machine.

http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl....fInfoSheet.pdf

Read the bottom paragraph.
    You're right. But a ping pong lottery offers basically the same outcome. There's going to be club level owners who can't go for a variety of reason, thus those tickets will GE filtered down to everyone else, presumably.

You're right. But a ping pong lottery offers basically the same outcome. There's going to be club level owners who can't go for a variety of reason, thus those tickets will GE filtered down to everyone else, presumably.
    Maybe I'm misreading your post, but are you assuming that some lottery winners will simply turn down their chance to buy tickets? I mean, I guess there could be a few who miss out by accident, but you'd have to be a bit of a dope to turn down face value Super Bowl tickets on purpose, wouldn't you? You could easily, at a minimum, double your investment with no problem, or, if money doesn't matter (as I'm sure it doesn't to some of the bigwigs), you could make a friend/relative/client VERY happy by giving them the tix. But to win the lottery and say "no, thanks"?!? Can't see that happening.

I'm thinking if you get your number pulled and you "cant go", the next logical thing is reselling at 3x - 4x face value. There is a some big coin to be had there. I certainly would think about it if cash flow was an issue.

If you don't get tickets you can hang out with me. I'll be sleeping in the street with the rest of the drunks on Bourbon Street
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.