Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

C'mon PSL lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If I was in a position to go, I think I would buy the ticket now. If it ends up being a 49er's/Ravens SB, I have to believe those ticket prices that are being posted are going to double, if not more. Worst case scenario if the Ravens don't make it, you can probably sell and get your money back, right?
    I'd see it differently. In descending order of cost, the most expensive SB ticket combos should be:

1. NE vs. Atl
    2. NE vs. SF
    3. Bal vs. Atl
    4. Bal vs. SF

There is some interest in Lewis' last game which might boost Baltimore prices, but Atlanta is the regional team (easy travel, but doesn't have a particularly wealthy fan base). SF (wealthy fan base) is a long way away, and NE has a broader (and wealthier) national fan base.

I don't honestly think anyone outside of the 49ers or Ravens fanbase gives a crap about a Harbowl (or frankly even wants it).

Film study
    You got it backwards. If you look at the data from seat guru for last year. Prices collapsed because of a lack of interest from the ne fan base. They have been too many times in recent years. The order should be:
    1. Bal vs Atlanta
    2. Bal vs San Fran
    3. Ne vs Atlanta
    4. Ne vs San Fran

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I could be wrong but I am not overly impressed by Atlanta fans. They are fickle, fair-weather types and while a SB is the ultimate in fair-weather it is also an expense this type of fan is unlikely to indulge in. The more die-hard fans are the more likely to go.

Playing the Giants was tough because they have such a large population (meaning even a low percentage of die-hards still means many die-hards) and good bit of money that they really drove prices up.

NE may be like that but since they won't be there if we are I am guessing prices won't go quite so high.

I hope I won the lottery..
    I am guessing they had it today!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I could be wrong but I am not overly impressed by Atlanta fans. They are fickle, fair-weather types and while a SB is the ultimate in fair-weather it is also an expense this type of fan is unlikely to indulge in. The more die-hard fans are the more likely to go.

Playing the Giants was tough because they have such a large population (meaning even a low percentage of die-hards still means many die-hards) and good bit of money that they really drove prices up.

NE may be like that but since they won't be there if we are I am guessing prices won't go quite so high.
    This.

Most reports out there say that of the four remaining teams, Atlanta has the fans that travel the least.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This.

Most reports out there say that of the four remaining teams, Atlanta has the fans that travel the least.
    I agree with you except don't discount the ease in which they can drive

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Disagree! When I lived in New Orleans, the one fan base which would pack the Superdome was the Falcons'. Easily 10,000, maybe 20,000 per game -- kinda like the Steelers fans when the Ravens played at Memorial stadium.

Patriots fans, who have routinely been to the Super Bowl would be the least likely to show up. There is data to support this, that I won't waste the time looking up. At the last Super Bowl in the Superdome, one could buy Patriots fans' allotted tickets on the street in front of the Dome. At the SB at Jacksonville, Eagles fans outnumbered Patriots fans.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

If they win, I am going too. No question about it. A couple buddies of mine are talking about renting an RV. Game tickets are going to be around 2 grand from what I can tell.

Match-up won't impact price much.
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Match-up won't impact price much.
    Not true. It has an impact every year...

I emailed the Ravens to get some details about the lottery, and their response said that winning fans will be notified via email and their Ravens account "once the game is guaranteed, late Sunday night or very early Monday morning." So don't expect any news before we win!