Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

I'm fairly certain that PSL holders will find out sometime this week if they get selected to purchase 2 Super Bowl tickets. From what I remember, face value last year was $800 & $1,000.

Assuming we win next week, if anyone gets selected in the lottery and cannot go, PLEASE let me know. There would be nothing better than for me to take my son to the Super Bowl.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

Drawing is tomorrow. Letters start going out on Weds. Winners also notified by email by end of week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Drawing is tomorrow. Letters start going out on Weds. Winners also notified by email by end of week.
    Ravenboy2003 -- any info on the drawing and notifications this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ravens_fan1 View Post
    Ravenboy2003 -- any info on the drawing and notifications this year?
    The Ravens ticket office will hold the SB lottery drawing later this week but will NOT announce any winners until after the game (assuming we beat New England). So think Monday/Tuesday.

Apparently the Ravens held a drawing several years ago before the AFCC game and it created a clusterfuck for team employees and made the phones ring off the hook. They avoid that process now by not making it official until we are "IN" for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Ravens ticket office will hold the SB lottery drawing later this week but will NOT announce any winners until after the game (assuming we beat New England). So think Monday/Tuesday.

Apparently the Ravens held a drawing several years ago before the AFCC game and it created a clusterfuck for team employees and made the phones ring off the hook. They avoid that process now by not making it official until we are "IN" for sure.
    THX Ravenboy!
    Any additional info you get would be great!!!
    GO RAVENS !!!!!!!!!!!!

If we win this Sunday it would be helpful if someone started a thread on reputable and reliable brokers to buy superbowl tickets from. Basically the dos and don'ts. Airfare/Hotel and ticket tips would be invaluable

I got the green light from my wife to go if the Ravens win. I'l be flying solo though. Can't afford both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Assuming we win next week, if anyone gets selected in the lottery and cannot go, PLEASE let me know. There would be nothing better than for me to take my son to the Super Bowl.
    Hey Fred: you know that I really like you and your son, so I am not going to get into a public bidding war with you. However, note to any of you who win the lottery: if I don't win a pair myself, I will pay at least as much as Fred does for a pair, and then I will raise it by a few bucks!!!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Hey Fred: you know that I really like you and your son, so I am not going to get into a public bidding war with you. However, note to any of you who win the lottery: if I don't win a pair myself, I will pay at least as much as Fred does for a pair, and then I will raise it by a few bucks!!!
    I'll pay what Mista T would and I'll raise that a few bucks plus a dozen doughnuts and a Ravens Repeat 2001 car flag.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    I'll pay what Mista T would and I'll raise that a few bucks plus a dozen doughnuts and a Ravens Repeat 2001 car flag.
    I highly suspected I would start a bidding war.

Mista T - Even though I like you, I'm going to trump you - I'll provide a gift card to either Hooters or Tilted Kilt!!!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 roughly equivalent to the ravens stadiums 71008. Last year the NFL distributed 17.5% of the tickets to each of the participating teams. Assuming about 3000 tickets won't make it to the lottery (players families, gifts, Tyrod Taylor, whatever...) that leaves 9250 tickets in the lottery. Assuming the average number of seats for a PSL holder is around 3 there are 24000 possible people that could wind up in this lottery with (9250/2) 4625 possible winners. So with all of these back of the envelope calculations you have a 17% of winning in the lottery.

Edit: Just read that there are two lotteries, one for club and one for regular and it looks like they distribute over each equally. assuming that's right then each group gets 2075. Using the above same assumptions there are 8196 club level seats which would represent (8196/3) 2732 owners so you have an amazing 84% chance of winning in the lottery. The rest of us (62812/3) 21000 owners have a paltry 11% chance of winning.

Edit Again: Each suite can purchase 8 Superbowl tickets. There are 119 suites which would remove 982 tickets from the available pool. This reduces available lottery tickets for each group to 2067 making club level percentages 75% and the rest of us at 10%.
    Last edited by MyTurn; 01-16-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Bad math

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 roughly equivalent to the ravens stadiums 71008. Last year the NFL distributed 17.5% of the tickets to each of the participating teams. Assuming about 3000 tickets won't make it to the lottery (players families, gifts, Tyrod Taylor, whatever...) that leaves 9250 tickets in the lottery. Assuming the average number of seats for a PSL holder is around 3 there are 24000 possible people that could wind up in this lottery with (9250/2) 4625 possible winners. So with all of these back of the envelope calculations you have a 17% of winning in the lottery.

Edit: Just read that there are two lotteries, one for club and one for regular and it looks like they distribute over each equally. assuming that's right then each group gets 2075. Using the above same assumptions there are 8196 club level seats which would represent (8196/3) 2732 owners so you have an amazing 84% chance of winning in the lottery. The rest of us (62812/3) 21000 owners have a paltry 11% chance of winning.

Edit Again: Each suite can purchase 8 Superbowl tickets. There are 119 suites which would remove 982 tickets from the available pool. This reduces available lottery tickets for each group to 2067 making club level percentages 75% and the rest of us at 10%.
    another example of it all being about the people with money. If you dont have club seats or own a suite they dont really care about you

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 .....
    I'm trying to figure out how this plays a role in your calculations. It's like a math word problem with extra stuff in it to throw you off. Maybe I'm just not following; it wouldn't be the first time.