Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I didnt know that we had to log in...
    thought that they would send me an email.
    either way. not sure where it will show up first... fingers crossed...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 roughly equivalent to the ravens stadiums 71008. Last year the NFL distributed 17.5% of the tickets to each of the participating teams. Assuming about 3000 tickets won't make it to the lottery (players families, gifts, Tyrod Taylor, whatever...) that leaves 9250 tickets in the lottery. Assuming the average number of seats for a PSL holder is around 3 there are 24000 possible people that could wind up in this lottery with (9250/2) 4625 possible winners. So with all of these back of the envelope calculations you have a 17% of winning in the lottery.

Edit: Just read that there are two lotteries, one for club and one for regular and it looks like they distribute over each equally. assuming that's right then each group gets 2075. Using the above same assumptions there are 8196 club level seats which would represent (8196/3) 2732 owners so you have an amazing 84% chance of winning in the lottery. The rest of us (62812/3) 21000 owners have a paltry 11% chance of winning.

Edit Again: Each suite can purchase 8 Superbowl tickets. There are 119 suites which would remove 982 tickets from the available pool. This reduces available lottery tickets for each group to 2067 making club level percentages 75% and the rest of us at 10%.
    another example of it all being about the people with money. If you dont have club seats or own a suite they dont really care about you

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I didnt know that we had to log in...
    thought that they would send me an email.
    oh-for-4! Nothing in my accounts or accounts of a couple other guys which I can access. No e-mails. I'm hoping that it's just mis-information above about notifications in the PSL accounts.

Otherwise, on to the broker after Sunday's game!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    another example of it all being about the people with money. If you dont have club seats or own a suite they dont really care about you
    With the NFL, as with any other business, it is all about the $$$$. Is there a surprise on that statement?

I believe that the statement that the team doesn't care about non-premium PSL holders is incorrect. The lottery is weighted, somewhat in proportion to the annual price of tickets. Non-premium PSL holders do get a chance. Non-PSL holders are SOL.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I don't think you'll see anything in your PSL account until the time comes that an actual invoice is require - as in next week when you'd actually be required to PAY for something if we win Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I don't think you'll see anything in your PSL account until the time comes that an actual invoice is require - as in next week when you'd actually be required to PAY for something if we win Sunday.
    so emails/letters this week. psl account invoices next..

The only email I got so far was "Need A Cup Of "Joe On The Go"?"

Quote Originally Posted by ravens_fan1 View Post
    so emails/letters this week. psl account invoices next..
    "There are no outstanding invoices on your account"

while I was putting my code in...
    my heart was racing.
    Thought I had the golden ticket - ha ha

Just logged into my account. Nothing...

anyone get anything in email or regular mail today?

Nuthin' in the mail today for me. I don't thinjk anything would show on the BR.com invoice account as they wouldn't want anyone paying for them prior to the outcome on Sunday.

I don't imagine anything coming my way as I am just an upper-deck proletariat. The Ravens should be sure to reward the out-of-town suite owners and the club Level leather couch lounge Lizards before a guy like me who keeps showing up year after year, game after game screaming from the barrios.

I think a better way to define a fan if they feel a need to give out an advantage is to look on those two plaques outside of the stadium. If your name is on one of those and you still have your seats, meaning you have been there since day 1, then you should gain an advantage.

If those numbers are correct in that Club Level seat owners have a 75% chance of winning the lottery and the rest have a 5% chance that is pretty poor. If it is about money spent, I gaurantee I have spent more in my 16 years of being a PSl owner vs, someone who just bought their club seats in the past couple of years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I don't thinjk anything would show on the BR.com invoice account as they wouldn't want anyone paying for them prior to the outcome on Sunday.
    I believe the exact opposite just like with the team making us pay for 2 playoff games before we know if they will be played the team wants the fans to put the money out early so it can sit in their accounts and gain interest.

did anyone get anything?