Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

BTW, my original post still stands!

FYI, I would start looking for reasonably priced hotels NOW. I found a Hampton Inn in Baton Rouge (45 miles away) for less than $200/night. I figure that if for some REMOTE chance we lose, or if I find something better, I can always cancel the reservation.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-ti...-2013-4082800/

the cheapest so far is about $2500 per tix...
    cheaper on a private brokers site...

jeez - that a car!
    I actually searched 4 sites last night, cheapest I found was $1,767.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I actually searched 4 sites last night, cheapest I found was $1,767.
    the problem is they are going to go way up before we win.. since we are the late game this year, either san fran or atl fans will be driving up ticket prices long before we even get a chance to buy ...

it may be best to go downthere and buy a day or two before the game...
    http://seatgeek.com/blog/nfl/super-bowl-tickets-2013

either or - if the pair of tix are within $1000 of face, I may be able to swing it given its a once in a lifetime opportunity. Im sure the Ravens will go again within the next 7 years and I will try again if Im not picked for face value tix.

I guess I will start communicating again with my ex who is a ticket broker ;-)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I have family that lives halfway between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I think I can talk them into a couch or something!

I'll put in a message to the man upstairs and see what happens.

My wife has good friends in NOLA and they've already offered their couch.

Fingers crossed.

Blog Entries

If I was in a position to go, I think I would buy the ticket now. If it ends up being a 49er's/Ravens SB, I have to believe those ticket prices that are being posted are going to double, if not more. Worst case scenario if the Ravens don't make it, you can probably sell and get your money back, right?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The cheapest ticket on NFL Ticket Exchange for the Super Bowl is $2,330. It's for an UL seat towards one of the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If I was in a position to go, I think I would buy the ticket now. If it ends up being a 49er's/Ravens SB, I have to believe those ticket prices that are being posted are going to double, if not more. Worst case scenario if the Ravens don't make it, you can probably sell and get your money back, right?
    The problem with that theory is, most ticket brokers will only do in person delivery at the game (day of) or at best only a few days before. You could really run a risk of not have the seat in time to resell

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm in the same boat but these opportunities don't come often. By the way I know you travel a lot so any advice you can give traveling to New orleans would be helpful.
    New Orleans is a great host Super Bowl city.. probably one of the best. The Superdome is just a few blocks from Bourbon Street and the Riverwalk and other tourist areas. So if you are to go to the big game, you'll have something to do to kill the entire day before heading up to the stadium.

Downtown hotels are going to be hard to come by. I goofed and didn't book last year when I had a chance to "hold" a room or two at the downtown Hilton which is one block from Bourbon St. If i do go to the game now, I'll be staying elsewhere.. Maybe even Biloxi, MS. I spent a year there in the 80's and wouldn't mind going over there to see how much it has changed.

For what it's worth, we packed up the tailgating supplies and went to Tampa for SB XXXV. Ticket prices were through the roof in the second hand market (since the Giants were playing), and there was NO WAY we could afford to mortgage the house for them.We watched the game with a few dozen Ravens fans (old and new friends) at our spot in a parking lot across from the stadium. The build-up, atmosphere and experience was off the charts!
    Look for the purple canopies when the Ravens go to NOLA, cause we are planning to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 .....
    I'm trying to figure out how this plays a role in your calculations. It's like a math word problem with extra stuff in it to throw you off. Maybe I'm just not following; it wouldn't be the first time.