Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. I thought Ayanbadejo was one of our best pass-coverage LBs. Why have him so uninvolved? Or should we expect to see a lot more of him in New England?

Re: Experience Points—Defensive Notes vs. Texans 1/15/12

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I thought Ayanbadejo was one of our best pass-coverage LBs. Why have him so uninvolved? Or should we expect to see a lot more of him in New England?

He is and his absence is a mystery to me. He got hurt in the last game, so it may be injury related, but if he's not healthy, the Ravens have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Smith was on the field for just 18 snaps (15 of them passing) and they really didn't try to pick on him. He lost Arian Foster once for a gain of about 15 and had coverage of AJ on Reed's pivotal interception (so most places you'd look won't list him as the cover guy on that play).
    FYI...that pass to Foster was on Webb...not Smith. You could even see Webb pointing to himself to say "my fault" after that play.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Film--
    As always, I truly appreciate your contributions, and this Ravens-Texans analysis does not disappoint.

I do have a question(s) --

I don't see any mention (perhaps I missed it) of Pollard. IMHO, it looks as if he's playing very well, adding to the picture on D, and laying some serious lumber on opponents carrying the ball with whom he, uh, "meets". :D Any comments/thoughts on how you view him?

Thanks.

Great analyisis!

Webb was POG in my book.

Blog Entries

Hopefully they were just trying to get BA a little rest, since he's absolutely going to be needed this week.

It was the first time in Ravens history they have played an entire game without a penalty. Previously, they had just 1 penalty on 5 occasions (last 12/26/10).
    How is that possible?
    Marvin Lewis said the Ravens were the most penalized team in the league.

I go through quite a few DVRs, since I don't have a way to archive HD (please PM me if you have a way).

There isn't anything about the amount of equipment we have that helps with the analysis directly, but we've been very fortunate (as has DirecTV) to be able to organize our house around watching the NFL.
    If you're close enough to Baltimore get the game via antenna, you can pick up an ATSC/Clear QAM Tuner and save the game to your PC. Windows Media Center is decent for HTPC software and it's part of windows, but there are other options if you need more media streaming capability. A Ceton Infinitv4 quad tuner is another option (pricier) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815706001, but I don't know if DirecTV does cableCARD. It will record up to 4 channels at a time via cableCARD.

PM me if you want some help setting up an HD HTPC.

While the Ravens may have played a make Yates beat us defense, that does not excuse the poor play from the DLine, IMO. Very little pressure, and Foster had a very good day. Their play needs to improve in NE.

Thanks, FS.

I was troubled by what I saw as the failure of our pass rush, thanks for explaining what I was watching. I expect it will be very different against NE.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Film, great job as always. Got a question, if you were calling the Pats game how would you attack their offense?

Should you be worried about pressure unable to get home? Not more than a little. The Texans’ offensive line is excellent and the Ravens didn’t bring a complex pressure scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy
    Foster scored the Texans’ only TD on 3rd and goal from the 1 with 4:48 remaining in the first half. Thereafter, the Texans went 0 for 7 on 3rd and 4th down.
    I was hoping you'd conclude that our pass rush didn't suck as much as their OL just blocked well. We need to confuse the Pats w/ some organized chaos from both the usual (Suggs, Ray, Ngata) and unusual ( McPhee Kruger, McClain.blitzing DBs, etc.) suspects.

3 and out defense for 35 minutes!! That might could slow down some Brady.