Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Well there you have it. Because some newspaper writer said it, it must be true!
    I don't understand how anyone compares Sanchez to Flacco.

Last I checked, Flacco didn't pose in fur during a GQ Photo shoot. :)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I freely admit that I am a Flacco apologist but the criticism of him this week makes no sense to me.

1) There were drops
    2) There was constant pressure in his face
    3) His receivers are never open! Some of those completions to Boldin and Lee Evans were amazing throws -- but Flacco had to make amazing throws because
    4) There are just no easy completions in this offense. Minimal designed screens, no crossing patterns, no rubs or picks. 3rd and 2 we are throwing corner patterns to the tight end!

I know Flacco struggles with accuracy in the middle of the field but the degree of difficulty of this offense is just off the charts. I can't see his completion percentage improving until there are some easier throws available.

Blog Entries

His completion percentage won't improve until the receivers and tight ends quit dropping 5+ passes per game. There were 4 dropped passes in the 1st half.

It's impressive that Flacco even has a 57% completion rate, or whatever it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I freely admit that I am a Flacco apologist but the criticism of him this week makes no sense to me.

1) There were drops
    2) There was constant pressure in his face
    3) His receivers are never open! Some of those completions to Boldin and Lee Evans were amazing throws -- but Flacco had to make amazing throws because
    4) There are just no easy completions in this offense. Minimal designed screens, no crossing patterns, no rubs or picks. 3rd and 2 we are throwing corner patterns to the tight end!

I know Flacco struggles with accuracy in the middle of the field but the degree of difficulty of this offense is just off the charts. I can't see his completion percentage improving until there are some easier throws available.
    My thoughts exactly!

My only real problem with Joe, is why does he not throw the ball away or tuck it and run?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't understand how anyone compares Sanchez to Flacco.

Last I checked, Flacco didn't pose in fur during a GQ Photo shoot. :)
    Imagine Flacco doing a GQ shoot (with the Fu).
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Imagine Flacco doing a GQ shoot (with the Fu).
    It would be awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

My only real problem with Joe, is why does he not throw the ball away or tuck it and run?
    He's just one of those guys who tries to keep his head up, eyes down field, and is trying to make a play.

I would like to see him take off more though. I think that it is necessary.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

To be honest, my gut reaction to the writer's column is, "Sour grapes."

I do have a couple thoughts, FWIW-

>alien, you said, "It's gotten personal for the media." I think it's ALWAYS personal with many in the media! ;) Consider when Billick was coaching the Ravens. I think it frosted more than one set of nuts (or puppies) that he came on as he did. The problem (from the media's POV) was, he put up instead of having to shut up.

>The writer's arguments shot themselves in the foot. You can't say the Ravens win as a team, and then say they shouldn't have won because of Flacco. You can't talk about how much a genius Wade Phillips is and then ignore the fact that the Texans lost. You can't say Flacco is an "entitled" QB and ignore his contributions over this season.

The reality is, Flacco is not an elite QB, but he's hardly the useless piece of human garbage that many want to paint him as.

The bottom line is, the writer is not much of a cerebral football analyst as she desperately wants you to believe, more someone who writes well without the depth of understanding of her subject.

Of course, this is all just one guy's opinion...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post

That back shoulder throw to Boldin was perfect and he made a hell of a catch. But I've yet to hear him get props for the throw, just how great of a catch it was by Boldin which it was. Had Rodgers thrown that pass people would be all over it. Same with the Evans catch.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

We all love Rice and Yanda but IMO they were much worse than Flacco in this game, yet they would never get raked over the coals like Flacco is. Obviously Yanda is still recovering from really tough injuries and there weren't holes there for Rice but neither one gets 1/1000 of the criticism that Flacco is taking.

Well there you have it. Because some newspaper writer said it, it must be true!
    He did cleverly describe both Joe and Mark's situations accurately.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

oops-typos