Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be when a team wins the QB gets all the credit, and when they lose he takes all the blame?

Why isn't it the same for Flacco?
    Is it supposed to be that way? Not that I know of. It certainly doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Is it supposed to be that way? Not that I know of. It certainly doesn't make any sense.
    I never said it made sense.

And yes, that is the way most look at it. Except in Baltimore or if you are a member of the national media.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    I never said it made sense.

And yes, that is the way most look at it. Except in Baltimore or if you are a member of the national media.
    I would need some evidence presented for me to believe that 'yes, that is the way most look at it.' And providing Trent Dilfer's opinion isn't going to cut it. I am sure he agrees with it.

Blog Entries

I hate that I clicked the link and gave her a page hit but I wanted to see what she looked like. Kinda looks like a dude. I want to call her something else but I don't want offend anyone.

Team win this week, defense, offense and special teams did what needed to be done against a tough texan team. Did not look for a picture of the woman(?) just ate and did not want to see the meal again. Some people need to get rid of their anger when their team loses.

it would b nice if one time that
    THE RECEIVERS WOULD DO IT!!!!!
    do we need stick em?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Sounds like somebody wanted to be a QB in high school and did not make the cut. You are entitled to your opinion, but Joe's success in his first four years makes you look like the rea rend of the donkey. Last year, the defense lost at least 5 games in the 4th quarter when the Ravens were winning. What you expect is for a perfect QB and so far this year and any other year, that QB does not exist.The OLine has had problems the last 4 years also, but Joe still has QB the offense to more wins then any QB in his first 4 years. Have fun getting mad at Flacco while he continues his amazing career in the NFL. What years did you play that gives you the right to expect more.
    You and ones that take it personal and start getting personal are comical. No football for me in high school except the parties after the games and college too! Yesterday on Kevin Cowherd's ESPN show, his comment was exact about Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez both being "Trust Fund Kids" In case you don't understand...he meant Joe and Mark don't really have to be that productive to benefit from what they have been given...defenses that rescue them from their mistakes and come up with turnovers to give them the ball enough times that they are eventually going to get it into the endzone.

BTW remember a few of the games the defense lost last year was because the defense was gassed by halftime ie Atlanta.. Joe couldn't even get a few first downs so the defense could rest a little. And losses like the two Pittsburgh losses that you are blaming on the defense were not because of the defense. Go back and watch those 3 games.

And finally I don't expect Joe to be a perfect qb, but I do expect more than what he is producing. Joe is rated 18th in the final ESPN qb statistical regular season rankings for 2011 and that's below the median (if you know what that means!) He is an average qb with an excellent running game and superb defensive team behind him. He needs to step it up and produce MORE!
    Last edited by Loco Ravens Fan; 01-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    it would b nice if one time that
    THE RECEIVERS WOULD DO IT!!!!!
    do we need stick em?
    Hahaha.

Hot Hands Hanen.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    You and ones that take it personal and start getting personal are comical. No football for me in high school except the parties after the games and college too! Yesterday on Kevin Cowherd's ESPN show, his comment was exact about Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez both being "Trust Fund Kids" In case you don't understand...he meant Joe and Mark don't really have to be that productive to benefit from what they have been given...defenses that rescue them from their mistakes and come up with turnovers to give them the ball enough times that they are eventually going to get it into the endzone.

BTW remember a few of the games the defense lost last year was because the defense was gassed by halftime ie Atlanta.. Joe couldn't even get a few first downs so the defense could rest a little. And losses like the two Pittsburgh losses that you are blaming on the defense were not because of the defense. Go back and watch those 3 games.

And finally I don't expect Joe to be a perfect qb, but I do expect more than what he is producing. Joe is rated 18th in the final ESPN qb statistical regular season rankings for 2011 and that's below the median (if you know what that means!) He is an average qb with an excellent running game and superb defensive team behind him. He needs to step it up and produce MORE!
    Well there you have it. Because some newspaper writer said it, it must be true!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Well there you have it. Because some newspaper writer said it, it must be true!
    I don't understand how anyone compares Sanchez to Flacco.

Last I checked, Flacco didn't pose in fur during a GQ Photo shoot.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

I freely admit that I am a Flacco apologist but the criticism of him this week makes no sense to me.

1) There were drops
    2) There was constant pressure in his face
    3) His receivers are never open! Some of those completions to Boldin and Lee Evans were amazing throws -- but Flacco had to make amazing throws because
    4) There are just no easy completions in this offense. Minimal designed screens, no crossing patterns, no rubs or picks. 3rd and 2 we are throwing corner patterns to the tight end!

I know Flacco struggles with accuracy in the middle of the field but the degree of difficulty of this offense is just off the charts. I can't see his completion percentage improving until there are some easier throws available.

Blog Entries

His completion percentage won't improve until the receivers and tight ends quit dropping 5+ passes per game. There were 4 dropped passes in the 1st half.

It's impressive that Flacco even has a 57% completion rate, or whatever it is.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I freely admit that I am a Flacco apologist but the criticism of him this week makes no sense to me.

1) There were drops
    2) There was constant pressure in his face
    3) His receivers are never open! Some of those completions to Boldin and Lee Evans were amazing throws -- but Flacco had to make amazing throws because
    4) There are just no easy completions in this offense. Minimal designed screens, no crossing patterns, no rubs or picks. 3rd and 2 we are throwing corner patterns to the tight end!

I know Flacco struggles with accuracy in the middle of the field but the degree of difficulty of this offense is just off the charts. I can't see his completion percentage improving until there are some easier throws available.
    My thoughts exactly!

My only real problem with Joe, is why does he not throw the ball away or tuck it and run?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't understand how anyone compares Sanchez to Flacco.

Last I checked, Flacco didn't pose in fur during a GQ Photo shoot.
    Imagine Flacco doing a GQ shoot (with the Fu).
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Imagine Flacco doing a GQ shoot (with the Fu).
    It would be awesome.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger