Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 101
  1. #31

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again



    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Joe Flacco is just not a productive nfl quarterback. I so want him to be just that for the Ravens. But it is getting to be obvious to the national media and now more and more local fans. Can't Ozzy and the coaches see this? It is painful to watch Joe run the offense at M&T Stadium. I have been at every home game Joe has played in and it is the same old problems. He doesn't read defenses, he stares down his intended receiver unless he is throwing a bomb hoping for Smith to run under it and he never finds the wide open arm waving receiver. Joe doesn't have what it takes to lead a team in victory if the defense is having an average to bad day. It seems every win, the defense has to rescue the offense time and time and time again. If the defense had not come up with key turnovers yesterday, it would have be a loss. That has to be obvious. Joe's a nice guy but not the qb he thinks he is and wants to be paid like.
    Ok, so who should we bring in then to replace him?

    We'll have at best, the 28 or 29th pick this year. So you can scratch off any top tier college QB's, cause they won't be available.

    Name one FA QB (other then Brees cause he will re-up w/ the Saints) that is a better fit then Flacco for the Ravens.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    What the writer fails to either recognize or understand is that Joe's comment was said in a joking manner. I don't remember Joe asking to be treated like a "grown-ass man". Subsequently her premise is misconstrued and her argument bunk. She didn't research his comment and comes out looking like a media stooge as a result.

    14-27 for 176 2 TDs and 0 int. isn't bad considering 3 or 4 drops that would have had the numbers at 17-27 for about 240+. Joe had a respectable game.

    The idea that the defense bailed him out has some truth but so what? Baltimore spends money and resources on defense. Maybe her article should be on why the offensive juggernauts in N.O. and G.B. are sleeping in this week?








  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    I suppose Joe is going to need to start catching his own passes...




  4. #34

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Joe Flacco is just not a productive nfl quarterback. I so want him to be just that for the Ravens. But it is getting to be obvious to the national media and now more and more local fans. Can't Ozzy and the coaches see this? It is painful to watch Joe run the offense at M&T Stadium. I have been at every home game Joe has played in and it is the same old problems. He doesn't read defenses, he stares down his intended receiver unless he is throwing a bomb hoping for Smith to run under it and he never finds the wide open arm waving receiver. Joe doesn't have what it takes to lead a team in victory if the defense is having an average to bad day. It seems every win, the defense has to rescue the offense time and time and time again. If the defense had not come up with key turnovers yesterday, it would have be a loss. That has to be obvious. Joe's a nice guy but not the qb he thinks he is and wants to be paid like.
    Please define productive?




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    334

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Is she related to Mike Preston?




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    55

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    It sort of reminds of the media backlash against Brian Billick when he stood up for Ray Lewis during the Super Bowl media day in 2000. He told the media," It wasn't their place nor where they qualified." Ever since that comment, the media completely torched Coach Billick.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Joe Flacco is just not a productive nfl quarterback. I so want him to be just that for the Ravens. But it is getting to be obvious to the national media and now more and more local fans. Can't Ozzy and the coaches see this? It is painful to watch Joe run the offense at M&T Stadium. I have been at every home game Joe has played in and it is the same old problems. He doesn't read defenses, he stares down his intended receiver unless he is throwing a bomb hoping for Smith to run under it and he never finds the wide open arm waving receiver. Joe doesn't have what it takes to lead a team in victory if the defense is having an average to bad day. It seems every win, the defense has to rescue the offense time and time and time again. If the defense had not come up with key turnovers yesterday, it would have be a loss. That has to be obvious. Joe's a nice guy but not the qb he thinks he is and wants to be paid like.
    Uhhhh EPIC FAIL on your part. I have seen every home game Joe has played. I see the same bad play calls game after game. I guess I see more than you. Another Flacco Basher... DUDE HE HAD A 97 QB Rating. 5 sacks, 12 knockdowns and 22 pressures.. How did Rodgers do yesterday?????




  8. #38

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Uhhhh EPIC FAIL on your part. I have seen every home game Joe has played. I see the same bad play calls game after game. I guess I see more than you. Another Flacco Basher... DUDE HE HAD A 97 QB Rating. 5 sacks, 12 knockdowns and 22 pressures.. How did Rodgers do yesterday?????
    RavensQB... Are you sure you've been to EVERY game?!?! I must be seeing through Devils' eyes. It IS what it IS! And yes I am a Flacco basher. I am not denying it. There are bad calls and sometimes bad quarterbacks make coordinators' calls look bad! Open your eyes wider and see! In the Ravens case the offensive coordinator and the quarterback are not very good offensively speaking.
    Last edited by Loco Ravens Fan; 01-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Joe's qb rating at home for his career (including yesterday) is over 90. He's thrown 41 TDs to only 19 picks. His completion percentage is over 61% and, he's 28-5.

    Pretty fucking productive to me.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.367197,-76.753668
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    RavensQB... Are you sure you've been to EVERY game?!?! I must be seeing through Devils' eyes. It IS what it IS! And yes I am a Flacco basher. I am not denying it. There are bad calls and sometimes bad quarterbacks make coordinators' calls look bad! In the Ravens case the offensive coordinator and the quarterback are not very good offensively speaking.

    LMAO... You relize that the TD throw to Wilson was a busted RUN play right? BTW read before you POST. Where did I say BEEN to every game??? I said SEEN every home game.

    I guess you missed the
    5 sacks, 12 knockdowns and 22 pressures.. How did Rodgers do yesterday?????
    Also




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    This woman's analysis was poor only because it seemed tinged, as many of you have said, with some personal vendetta. Which is expected--the media does like to rub it in your face if you challenge them and even appear to prove them right.

    It wouldn't have been so bad if she had left it at the Ravens defense bailing out the offense yet again. THAT would have been right for her to say. But pinning it all on Flacco was stupid.




  12. #42

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    LMAO... You relize that the TD throw to Wilson was a busted RUN play right? BTW read before you POST. Where did I say BEEN to every game??? I said SEEN every home game.

    I guess you missed the
    Also
    Oh, I stand corrected about you attending all the home games. So sorry you have missed a game or so of exciting qb play...NOT!
    From the interview I heard, TE Chris Wilson stated he was the intended receiver on that play. Was it a broken play or called play?

    Also... Joe, don't take your team out of fg range with a sack if you are getting that kind of pressure constantly.
    Last edited by Loco Ravens Fan; 01-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    As far as Flacco, she clearly didn't watch the fucking game, or more likely, just didn't understand what was taking place in front of her eyes. To write that article, without a mention of the immense pressure Flacco was under all day, the dropped passes, and the lack of a running game, are signs of her complete inability to comprehend football.
    She has a lot in common with our resident Flacco haters.




  14. #44

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    Joe probably should have kept his mouth shut instead of putting it out there that he wasn't getting the respect he deserved from the media. Now they want him to fail.

    But then again this could work to Joe's advantage. Light a fire under him. Who cares if the media likes him, maybe their disliking him will make him more determined to win it all, will make him play better.

    Next week will be a good test. He will be going against the best in Brady. Fortunately Brady will be facing a good defense and Flacco will be facing a weak defense. I hope the advantage goes to the Ravens.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bmore, hun
    Posts
    21

    Re: Defense bails out Flacco again

    As an editor, I refuse to take seriously any so-called journalist who uses the term "grown-ass" in a story. Never mind the misguided slant on yesterday's game ... this writing is bad to the point of offensive. I didn't make it past the first paragraph.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland